• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Mash throw? I TECH THAT

Z7zXe.gif

Wake-up Ultra? I BLOCK THAT

iQ6ou02shkXUZ.gif

Unsafe move? I PUNISH THAT

ibgueBrxMAVX7a.gif

After I win? YOU HOLD DAT

iVxId5TGIo81B.gif

Satyamdas

Banned
Threi said:
glad that you FINALLY acknowledge my losses and problems as user-related and not character-related. All it took was losing 4 FT5/10s in a row...but if it gets rid of that theory then it's worth it. :p
But I never said you were held back by your character. I always agreed with you that ultimately it comes down to player skill. Doesn't mean that you aren't handicapping yourself by playing a shitty character, and that to excel using him requires you to play several levels above a similarly skilled opponent.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yo, Lost Fragment, you gonna choose an avatar for threi?

the_log_ride said:
Good stuff yesterday. What was the final score for Threi v. Timedog
5-4 Timedog. Came down to us both having a sliver of health in the final round of the set. Match point for both of us.

Canada Cup stream monster hype. I hope they can get some good attendance from Canadians (last year there was a lot of hubub about folks from Toronto not going).

biosnake20 said:
I thought it was confirmed that daigo was the last member of team japan. Momochi is the replacement?

He was, then for some unknown reason he couldn't make it after all. Momochi is a great replacement though. But I'm kind of shocked that they have a 2nd Japanese team. I thought Europe was allowed two because they're repping an entire continent instead of a single country. Now we have a single country with 2 team representatives. I don't think some of the other guys competing in this large international event are too thrilled with that idea. But it's great news for us stream monsters. Oh and since eLive Pro only has 4 Japanese players, I hope they can cough up the cash to send someone like Fuudo or Uryo just so they can have a full squad even if they're not part of the team.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Is that CC organizer rich or something? How is he flying all this guys out there.

He's kind of rich but I don't think he's flying in most of these guys. Maybe just some or maybe none. Most of these guys are sponsored so they have them to pay for there way to Canada.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last night. Good stuff.

Lost Fragment beats Threi 10-5
Chaotix beats Timedog 10-2
Timedog beats Threi 5-4
Lost Fragment beats Chaotix 5-0
Chaotix beats Bankai 5-2
AZ Greg beats Threi 5-1
AZ Greg beats Jlai 5-4
Eva beats Threi 5-0
Miwand beats Timedog 5-2

Relive the epic set between Threi and Timedog. Hypest match of the night. It's 30+ mins long so whatever.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/298353329

I'll be up again later on. Get your call outs now. Fubaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr! I think Joe is playing tonight if he actually got a hold of an Xbox.

eissan

Spiderjericho said:
Canada Cup stream monster hype. I hope they can get some good attendance from Canadians (last year there was a lot of hubub about folks from Toronto not going).

me and 4-5 other players are heading out from our city...Going to get bodied by the foreigners and a couple canadians :p

El Sloth

Banned
Sim doesn't bother me all that much. At least I know what I'm doing wrong if I lose. I have no fucking clue what happened or how I was supposed to stop it after being mauled by a good Blanka though.

But Sagat? That's a zzzzzZZZZzzzzzz x5 match. Fuck the Sagat-Rose matchup.

gutabo

Dang I missed the matches. Congrats to the winners! Hey threi, as a dee jay player, which one gives you the most trouble: sim or chun? and why? matchup specific details would be great! Thanks in advance! Also my honda is going to come back to xboxl.ive soon guys, see ya @gafchat!

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
On the winds of the Canada Cup trailer, it looks like eLive announced some new recruits

eLivePro|XiaoHai
eLivePro|Kazunoko
eLivePro|MOV
eLivePro|Dune
eLivePro|Dakou
eLivePro|CCL
eLivePro|Kusanagi
eLivePro|Ogosho
eLivePro|Kim1234

Congrats to Kim and Kazunoko(already knew about MOV), I have no idea who the rest are though. I'm guessing Europeans and non-SF players from the Asia region?

Conceited said:
On the winds of the Canada Cup trailer, it looks like eLive announced some new recruits

eLivePro|XiaoHai
eLivePro|Kazunoko
eLivePro|MOV
eLivePro|Dune
eLivePro|Dakou
eLivePro|CCL
eLivePro|Kusanagi
eLivePro|Ogosho
eLivePro|Kim1234
That seems more relevant to the KOF thread.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rice-Eater said:
Congrats to Kim and Kazunoko(already knew about MOV), I have no idea who the rest are though. I'm guessing Europeans and non-SF players from the Asia region?

Mostly Chinese and Singaporean I believe. I think most play SF.

El Sloth

Banned
KidA Seven said:
I can't help but think US should have 2 teams over Europe since there are more stronger players from the US.
I don't want to get in a discussion about which region has the stronger players, but I do agree it would be cool for the U.S. to also get a 2nd team since we are basically as large as Europe, landmass wise, and have a lot of players.

Maybe the Canada Cup guys just want to put more of an emphasis on non-North American players. I mean, how often is it that we see so many European players on this side of the pond? Or so many Japanese players for that matter?

El Sloth said:
I don't want to get in a discussion about which region has the stronger players, but I do agree it would be cool for the U.S. to also get a 2nd team since we are basically as large as Europe, landmass wise, and have a lot of players.

Maybe the Canada Cup guys just want to put more of an emphasis on non-North American players. I mean, how often is it that we see so many European players on this side of the pond? Or so many Japanese players for that matter?

Makes sense. The only thing is, Alioune, y u no go to Canada Cup?

Conceited said:

eLivePro|XiaoHai
eLivePro|Kazunoko
eLivePro|MOV
eLivePro|Dune
eLivePro|Dakou
eLivePro|CCL
eLivePro|Kusanagi
eLivePro|Ogosho
eLivePro|Kim1234

What exactly is eLivePro? Are they just an online video service ala youtube?

KidA Seven said:
Makes sense. The only thing is, Alioune, y u no go to Canada Cup?

It's hard enough to get him to go to local tourney's, let alone going to overseas tournaments. I'm sure he could have easily attended Red Light District in the Netherlands(which is pretty close by), but he didn't. It looks like if you want to play him, find him online I guess. It really baffles me that he puts so much time into a game that he almost never participates in competitively.

FindMyFarms said:
What exactly is eLivePro? Are they just an online video service ala youtube?

Wake up SRK did do a interview with one fo the guys at e.Live Pro

http://shoryuken.com/2011/09/07/wakeup-shoryuken-e071-wakeup-goes-video/

I'm guessing you want a summary though. I listened to it a while back when it came out but my memory is foggy. The only thing I remembered is that they probably encouraged D4Bas to pick of SF4 because it's the money game right now. So that's why you saw him as part of the e.Live team during the last NSB and in the upcoming Canada Cup. Besides that I'm not sure either.

Rice-Eater said:
He was, then for some unknown reason he couldn't make it after all.

It's quite obvious that Daigo doesn't want to play Yun anymore and that his Akuma isn't ready yet for tourneys, let alone for one as big as CC. He's probably just waiting for AE2012 to come out before he plays in big tourneys.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Infinite Justice said:
The Mayor of Calgary indeed. :)

Sucks Spooky won't be repping but it should be still hype.

It's still a possibility that Sp00ky will be attending, he just wouldn't be bringing his gear, LapChi would provide the gear and he would stream from his account. Sp00ky was really adamant about having the setup being to his liking though.

Threi

notag
gutabo said:
Hey threi, as a dee jay player, which one gives you the most trouble: sim or chun? and why? matchup specific details would be great!
The Deejay boards on SRK would give you more accurate info than i ever could, but personally sim gives me more trouble. I haven't really played a chun that really knows the matchup though, so that could change. They all either try to play defensive and start a fireball war, or use low pokes that lk sobat goes over.

Conceited said:
It's still a possibility that Sp00ky will be attending, he just wouldn't be bringing his gear, LapChi would provide the gear and he would stream from his account. Sp00ky was really adamant about having the setup being to his liking though.

That would be interesting.

We'll see then.

Joekage

I got my XBOX back last night! Too bad I had to work late and visit family. I'm down for any challengers, as I should be on extensively the next couple of days. I went from 900 to 3600pp in one night, so I think either XBL doesn't know how to play against Cody...or my skills have risen amongst the elite XBL warriors, such as TimeDog otherwise known as TimeDizzle, and Lost Fragment, otherwise known as Dat Mak Truck.

Kadey, I'll make sure to pop in the stream if you're running it tomorrow night <3

Joekage said:
I got my XBOX back last night! Too bad I had to work late and visit family. I'm down for any challengers, as I should be on extensively the next couple of days. I went from 900 to 3600pp in one night, so I think either XBL doesn't know how to play against Cody...or my skills have risen amongst the elite XBL warriors, such as TimeDog otherwise known as TimeDizzle, and Lost Fragment, otherwise known as Dat Mak Truck.

Kadey, I'll make sure to pop in the stream if you're running it tomorrow night <3
Whats your gt?

Joekage

GT: TheTostitoSalsa

Add me, my friends list should be open for a few spots at least. Really wanna change my GT though, anybody know how much they charge to do that?

Joekage said:
GT: TheTostitoSalsa

Add me, my friends list should be open for a few spots at least. Really wanna change my GT though, anybody know how much they charge to do that?

$10.00 worth of MS points I believe

Top Bottom