• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

alba

Little is the new Big
vulva said:
tumblr_ltlpyuF5V91qdzoq5o1_500.png

Holy shit, so good :D

USD

I was honestly betting on Fuudo (before the match), and Fuudo did start to adjust in the second half of the matches, but just watching the flow of play, you could tell that Mago just has incredible knowledge on Fei Long.

Mago went in that last round!

Mago saying, "I give no fux about your Evo GodsGarden Championships!"

10 - 4 Mago

What's the next matchup scheduled?

USD

The next concept match is Sako vs. Haitani, there isn't a date yet to my knowledge. Most likely it will be some time after Canada Cup.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
It's probably been asked already, does anyone know what the ~300mb patch is for AE on steam?
All they say it for it to fix Character lighting issue, dunno what else is in this patch. They messed up the PC port big time. SFIV PC was like Perfect.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Cloudius12 said:
All they say it for it to fix Character lighting issue, dunno what else is in this patch. They messed up the PC port big time. SFIV PC was like Perfect.

Does the game actually render above 1080p instead of just upscaling it? Because 2560x1440 looked hella blurry/odd.

edit : paging fragment/jlai/mak-gaf

a) 3x mp, character specific? Does it work on the majority of the cast?

b) best normal to do hayate cancel with? I usually go for hp hayate cancel mp xx etc, but my success rate is abysmal.

c) crossup tsurugi, I was under the impression that after knockdown : wiff c.lk, instant mk tsurugi would crossup in the corner but I'm doing something wrong apparently.

Corky said:
Does the game actually render above 1080p instead of just upscaling it? Because 2560x1440 looked hella blurry/odd.
Hell, I read on the Capcom's forums that this game while supports 1080p, doesn't support 720p. This port is lazy port. I doubt it is going to support anything higher than 1080p.

Also have to fix shadow issue as well, they dun goofed.

jlai

Corky said:

edit : paging fragment/jlai/mak-gaf

a) 3x mp, character specific? Does it work on the majority of the cast?

b) best normal to do hayate cancel with? I usually go for hp hayate cancel mp xx etc, but my success rate is abysmal.

c) crossup tsurugi, I was under the impression that after knockdown : wiff c.lk, instant mk tsurugi would crossup in the corner but I'm doing something wrong apparently.

3xMP is character specific. There's a thread on SRK here that gives alot of information and setups to fully maximize your derp: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...velist-combo-thread-updated-ae-changes.97976/

Search for s.MP > s.MP > s.MP to find it.

HP hayate cancel s.mp or hp hc mp mp are the most damaging options, but are a little more difficult to pull off reliably online. There are other variations/setups such as s.hp hayate cancel c.lk or s.mp hayate cancel into karakusa reset. Again, refer to that SRK thread linked above.

Crossup or "unblockable" tsurugi's are character dependent as well. V-ryu posted a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtx0Wq17r2M

There's a list on SRK somewhere but I can't find it.

Frag can probably chime in and give better advice. He's the better technical player
but he doesn't have dat level 3 jtai factor

Corky

jlai said:
3xMP is character specific. There's a thread on SRK here that gives alot of information and setups to fully maximize your derp: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...velist-combo-thread-updated-ae-changes.97976/

Search for s.MP > s.MP > s.MP to find it.

HP hayate cancel s.mp or hp hc mp mp are the most damaging options, but are a little more difficult to pull off reliably online. There are other variations/setups such as s.hp hayate cancel c.lk or s.mp hayate cancel into karakusa reset. Again, refer to that SRK thread linked above.

Crossup or "unblockable" tsurugi's are character dependent as well. V-ryu posted a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtx0Wq17r2M

There's a list on SRK somewhere but I can't find it.

Frag can probably chime in and give better advice. He's the better technical player

Sweet, just what I was looking for thanks for the info. <3<3<3

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jlai said:

More like, I don't have dudes coaching me like you have
;)

But yeah, only thing I'd really add is that if you're only learning the character it's probably best to keep it simple for now and try to learn all that stuff later on.

Corky

Lost Fragment said:
More like, I don't have dudes coaching me like you have
;)

But yeah, only thing I'd really add is that if you're only learning the character it's probably best to keep it simple for now and try to learn all that stuff later on.

That's where I feel I am now, and I don't really have troubles with most thing just the character specific setups that I should be memorizing I guess.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I wasn't surprised at the result. Mago is one of the smartest players and when he is familiar with his opponent; it makes him that much better.

rbrogue

I'm really mad gunblade, lets ft5 on stream. Ban bet. I finished like last in the gafbats so that tells you my skill level.

MarkMan said:
I wasn't surprised at the result. Mago is one of the smartest players and when he is familiar with his opponent; it makes him that much better.

Yep, that's probably why he looked so dominant during online Gods Garden 2.

Top Bottom