• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
damn you gaf, just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in [on that mak-train].

Guess Seth is going to have to sit out for a while.

Things that I need somewhat clarified :

1) lk,mk,hk tsurugi. I know hk knocksdown but I need to know when / how to utilize the lk and mk versions ( other than the obvious ability to be able to combo on ground after them ).

To draw a comparison : Seths lk legs is good when hitconfirming off of light attacks from a far, since c.lp xx mk legs won't connect. MK legs is the goto version when connecting a c.mk for punish, and hk legs is good for long range punishes and close punishes, hp xx hk legs, or close hitconfirms into st.hp.

2) Just watched jlai vs juicbox and somewhere around 38 min he did stand lk ( block ) xx karakusa for that kara, but whenever I try to do a blockakusa she just wiffs the grab am I doing it too fast? The only situation that I can successfully land it seems to be on knockdown going for f.hk crossover wiff lk xx hk karakusa for shenanigans.

Izuna

Banned
Capcom needs to never do the BP/PP Ranking system ever again. It took forever to rank up on AE PC until (thankfully) I came across one person who had 4300+ who for some reason liked to lost nearly 400PP that day.

Had he been like anyone else I would have been getting 1PP from each match again. I prefer the way 3S:OE does it.

--

I need to change my Gamertag :eek:

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yo, chaotix, since I might get banned, do I have your permission to change back to my old avatar? If I'm not banned after the poll, I'll resume this one for the remaining number of days.

izunadono said:
Capcom needs to never do the BP/PP Ranking system ever again. It took forever to rank up on AE PC until (thankfully) I came across one person who had 4300+ who for some reason liked to lost nearly 400PP that day.

Had he been like anyone else I would have been getting 1PP from each match again. I prefer the way 3S:OE does it.

--

The BP/PP system is the only reason Daigo started playing the game, lol

cHaotix8

You Professor Beef. Though I promised not to ever go back on PSN, I will make one last venture to take care of you!

Timedog said:
Yo, chaotix, since I might get banned, do I have your permission to change back to my old avatar? If I'm not banned after the poll, I'll resume this one for the remaining number of days.

Dammit Timedog. You know you my boy right?

izunadono said:

--

Yo izuna, does your ibuki guide go over how to properly time kunai after hard knockdown? Has it changed going fro super to AE? It's one of the things I'm struggling with at the moment

cackhyena said:
What did you do, Time?

Be himself. There's a poll in the OT to figure out who's worse Timedog or some other guy. I like Timedog (at least in this thread), so I hope he loses.

And from tournaments, Juicebox seemed to be a humble, cool guy (except for the snitching on AZ scene and his body spasms) but the way he was talking on the stream was a bit annoying.

AZ Greg

jlai said:
For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.twitch.tv/juiceboxabel/b/298632217 @ 26:45

Dat July induced reverse rage

Holy shit. Ahahaha.

GDLK Juicebox quotes:

"Man, Makotos love that backdash. Shit."

"God dammit man. Who said this guy is good at blocking? Holy fuck."

"He just does shit. Fucking god"

*Jlai readies up* *Juicebox sighs*

"Look guys, he got a combo"

"But instead of blocking, he decided he would, you know, continue mashing."

galol.gif
galol.gif
galol.gif

sephi22

FindMyFarms said:
Who is blame space?? And how is it that he's winning over timedog?
From my lurkin days, I found out he's someone who makes really funny posts sometimes, and really shit posts other times. Also he pissed on the printout guy's avatar/photo and took a picture.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Arcade Edition's got issues.

V_Arnold

Hey guys! I am working on an input-related project, I would appreciate some help regarding how this game (and fighting games in general) handle inputs, I mean..precisely.

For example, if I want a traditional f,d,df + punch from the player, what is the input-buffer's length (30 frame? 45? 60?), and is it acceptable if a f,f,d,u,df+punch was given? Also, if there is a different attack associated to d,df,f+punch and f,d,df+punch, and then I hit punch with f together, which move is supposed to come out first? I guess the one with higher priority, but before any kind of priority check, should the input system determine if one or the other command was inputted?

Thank you for your answers!

(Posted the same to Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread also, I want to be able to see the difference between the inputs of SSFIV and MVC3 - most importantly how forgiving one is and how forgiving other is :D)

Izuna

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Yo izuna, does your ibuki guide go over how to properly time kunai after hard knockdown? Has it changed going fro super to AE? It's one of the things I'm struggling with at the moment

It changes from Super to AE when you normal jump, but when you Super Jump the timing is the same (but remember Adon has a new wake-up time).

The idea is to practice against Ryu mashing HP DP (LP DP if you're playing Super), and time your Kunai until it makes him juggle.

-- <- information above is in the Guide apart from the LP DP bit... I try not to include information for older titles.

Against characters like Blanka, you must do certain things to make their DPs whiff. vs. Blanka, use b+MP, sj.LP Kunai, and this will make his EX Upball/Ultra 1 miss (but you will eat an EX Electricity). You have to learn through experience who you can and can't Vortex.

Another tip is Vortexing characters like Ryu, Claw, Blanka... You can't TC4 them (force stand) if they are crouching or counter-hit (can't full TC4) when you Vortex them. Which also means you shouldn't commit to Tsumuji Loops on those characters after a Vortex because you can't Tsumuji Loop a crouching character... Things like that would take too much space to put in the book, and you can only learn through experience anyway.

Izuna

Banned
God's Beard said:
The BP/PP system is the only reason Daigo started playing the game, lol

In the Arcades... I guess it isn't too much of a problem. It doesn't work the same way as it does on console, your points aren't as skewed. You beat Umehara with a new card he loses about a hundred I think, and BP/PP is actually lost/gained the same unless you change characters.

Joekage

Man, that dude Snake Eyez is killing me in ranked. I have outplayed this dude time and time again, footsies, antiair, spacing everything.. and yet I can't win. I have never been hit by so many whiffed jump shorts into U1 or whiffed green hand into U1. I swear it's the most infuriating thing ever. I know the dude is a really good ST player from back in the day, but god damn taking my points in such a fraudulent way.......

tl:dr Top Gief on ranked taking all my hard earned points by hitting me with scrubby shit albeit very well timed >_>

edit: Holy shit, dude just took advantage of a lag spike and hit me with U1 after a blocked EX greenhand...... FML.

Axis

Joekage said:
Man, that dude Snake Eyez is killing me in ranked. I have outplayed this dude time and time again, footsies, antiair, spacing everything.. and yet I can't win. I have never been hit by so many whiffed jump shorts into U1 or whiffed green hand into U1. I swear it's the most infuriating thing ever. I know the dude is a really good ST player from back in the day, but god damn taking my points in such a fraudulent way.......

tl:dr Top Gief on ranked taking all my hard earned points by hitting me with scrubby shit albeit very well timed >_>

edit: Holy shit, dude just took advantage of a lag spike and hit me with U1 after a blocked EX greenhand...... FML.

sent you a FR from my alt account; you wanna play later?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
We should have a tournament. If Timedog wins, he doesn't get banned. If he loses, he gets banned, AND we get naked pics of his girlfriend.

In the absence of a girlfriend, pics of chicks he knows in bathing suits and such will suffice.

entremet

Lost Fragment said:
We should have a tournament. If Timedog wins, he doesn't get banned. If he loses, he gets banned, AND we get naked pics of his girlfriend.

In the absence of a girlfriend, pics of chicks he knows in bathing suits and such will suffice.
What's the poll in the OT about? Is so cryptic.

cackhyena

My guess is he happened upon a mod in randoms and the mod got pissed at the absurd amount of low roundhouses employed. I'd like to think so anyways.

Top Bottom