• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Fosh

Neo Member
Joekage said:
Man, that dude Snake Eyez is killing me in ranked. I have outplayed this dude time and time again, footsies, antiair, spacing everything.. and yet I can't win. I have never been hit by so many whiffed jump shorts into U1 or whiffed green hand into U1. I swear it's the most infuriating thing ever. I know the dude is a really good ST player from back in the day, but god damn taking my points in such a fraudulent way.......

I think he is young and just started with HDR. He won Evo 2010 in that game. He is legit. Dont feel so bad :)

Here's a vid of him beasting on Toxy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8d4JwCE-Ug

I think he did well at Revelations too, but he lost to Juicebox's Juri haha

Rynge

Neo Member
Professor Beef said:

n1z9rn.jpg

didn't make this one but:

5s1KJ.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm addicted to Deadly Premonition. It's to Silent Hill what Army of Darkness was to Evil Dead 2. Goofy and corny but so entertaining for some reason. Main character is a crackhead who talks to himself.

It looks like January outside. My section still has power but 3 million something people are without in the whole NE area.

Lobby tonight!

Joekage

Fosh said:
I think he is young and just started with HDR. He won Evo 2010 in that game. He is legit. Dont feel so bad :)

Here's a vid of him beasting on Toxy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8d4JwCE-Ug

I think he did well at Revelations too, but he lost to Juicebox's Juri haha

Wha? He just started with HDR. Eff that, I only gave respect because I thought he was old school. Oh well, he just got done taking my points again unfortunately. Having to guess anti-air every single time he jumps with lag is just too much. Mad respect to the dude though, he has skill. Just frustrating as hell to play against. It's like the perfect balance of good play and scrubby play. Unbeatable :(

Robot Pants

So this is probably a known bug, but Seth's Focus Crumble > Tandem > HK > rest of combo doesn't work on Makoto in the corner? When you do the HK it transports her to the other side of you. You have to delay the Tandem to get it to work.
CEEM EENN, ONO

GunbladeV

Banned
Robot Pants said:
So this is probably a known bug, but Seth's Focus Crumble > Tandem > HK > rest of combo doesn't work on Makoto in the corner? When you do the HK it transports her to the other side of you. You have to delay the Tandem to get it to work.
CEEM EENN, ONO

I think poongko used this as a reset on something i saw very recently.

Joekage said:
Man, that dude Snake Eyez is killing me in ranked. I have outplayed this dude time and time again, footsies, antiair, spacing everything.. and yet I can't win. I have never been hit by so many whiffed jump shorts into U1 or whiffed green hand into U1. I swear it's the most infuriating thing ever. I know the dude is a really good ST player from back in the day, but god damn taking my points in such a fraudulent way.......

tl:dr Top Gief on ranked taking all my hard earned points by hitting me with scrubby shit albeit very well timed >_>

edit: Holy shit, dude just took advantage of a lag spike and hit me with U1 after a blocked EX greenhand...... FML.

but that's pretty much how Gief works (he makes 1 or 2 good guesses/mixups = WIN), and beating him requires like 10 or so good mixups. I really hate Gief. I am always sweating for that one bad decision that leads to an ultra :-/

V_Arnold

I am still playing with Viper, but what do you think I should play as "secondary?"

The candidates are:
-Bison (cause I played Urien in SFIII and I feel that Bison is the most closest to my preferences out of the charge chars)
-Rose (well, I play her regularly, but dunno if she is good enough to stand on her own, or "my own")
-Cammy (I always wanted to learn her, but do not know how flexible she is : D)

Also thinking about Sakura to a certain extent, but let us say..Bison. How is he faring against the top tier nowadays?

Edit: also, maybe Juri? :D

Imm0rt4l

cHaotix8 said:
Yeah, he definitely knows a lot about the character and incorporates all of it in his play. He's easily a candidate for best Dudley.
Yea, he needs to go to some tourneys. I'm not really feeling any of the dudleys on the leaderboards, strongest dudley on PSN I think is Renegade.

Izuna

Banned
Conceited said:
Lapchi Blanka, Marn Makoto. Marn wasn't allowed to use Dudley, and they had to stick with the character they picked at the start the whole way through.

When I heard Lapchi won it was shocking (he ain't very good). Now it makes sense. Why would you do that when you're betting money?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
izunadono said:
When I heard Lapchi won it was shocking (he ain't very good). Now it makes sense. Why would you do that when you're betting money?

Lapchi has greatly improved since the last time I saw him play, but yeah, I don't think he could have beat Marns Dudley or his Yun. No idea what Marn was thinking, but he was playing Makoto on Champs stream quite a bit the night before, maybe he wants to stick with her.

GunbladeV

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
Yeah, he definitely knows a lot about the character and incorporates all of it in his play. He's easily a candidate for best Dudley.

He had the latif mash ex seismo happy going, i would have definitely thrown out some f.mk OS U1s

cHaotix8

biosnake20 said:
Any vids of him playing? All I see on his channel is tutorials.

I watched him play a set with Joe and he was on PJS Sunday. Dude's solid, and I rarely say that about Dudley players.

cHaotix8 said:
I watched him play a set with Joe and he was on PJS Sunday. Dude's solid, and I rarely say that about Dudley players.

Don't ever talk about street fighter with him. He has this mentality that he is God, and will shit on you for any reason and doesn't have an open mind. I hate his attitude sooo much lol, but I appreciate his efforts in making tutorials.

Threi

notag
every character forum on SRK has "that guy" who thinks they are the ultimate opinion on anything concerning that character. Unfortunately they usually are among the best players as well. I guess being a dick is the key to being good i dunno

cHaotix8

Yeah, I've butted heads with him a bunch on both SRK and Capcom-Unity. He's an alright dude when he isn't being a trollish asshole. What's funnier is the guys who follow him that make up every excuse in the world when they lose to me. Incidentally, I haven't had a chance to play him since he says he doesn't want to play the mirror. :p

On to online rage; I hate falling for scrubby lag tactics ie. Getting hit by Deejays EX Sobat while walking forward, knowing full well that you would of blocked it online and punished with ultra. That shit's infuriating. Which reminds me; Threi, that avatar, you should fix it.

Satyamdas

Banned
Threi said:
every character forum on SRK has "that guy" who thinks they are the ultimate opinion on anything concerning that character. Unfortunately they usually are among the best players as well. I guess being a dick is the key to being good i dunno
So you're saying JCool is among the best DeeJay players? Playing to W1n among the best Sim players?

xXuC7.gif

Threi

notag
cHaotix8 said:
Which reminds me; Threi, that avatar, you should fix it.
...nah.

and you think deejay is annoying now when he gets that super into ultra he will become worse than yun ever was just watch. yall don't know how big of a buff that was

ae2012 trust in ono edition

Axis

Imm0rt4l said:
srk dudley boards is petty much just 34 and mellow jerking each other off while shitting on all the other dudleys.

nycmellow is ass

dude sent me so much rage mail saying i was "turtling" cuz i didn't wanna walk toward him with a sizable life lead. bitch is fucking FREE to cammy

I haven't been to the Hawk SRK forums in ages. Last I remember is that there's one guy who claims to have given up on him but is still giving advice, along with a bunch of other people asking the same questions over and over.

Imm0rt4l

Axis said:
nycmellow is ass

dude sent me so much rage mail saying i was "turtling" cuz i didn't wanna walk toward him with a sizable life lead. bitch is fucking FREE to cammy
can't say I'm surprised, I only ever see him lose on pjs.

Threi said:
sucks. in my experience, the honda forums have been really helpful and informative. jewelman and mr snk provide some good advice, and gutabo is a fucking genius in the lab.

cackhyena

Threi said:
...nah.

and you think deejay is annoying now when he gets that super into ultra he will become worse than yun ever was just watch. yall don't know how big of a buff that was

ae2012 trust in ono edition
Fucking gross. I already hate deejay.

cackhyena said:
Fucking gross. I already hate deejay.

I find DJ extremely annoying. I'll take having to face Guile any day over DJ. At least you can cross Guile up and he's free on wake up. I swear, DJ's sit on down back more then any other character because they have that heat seeking anti-air that always finds you no matter where you are.

cHaotix8

Kadey said:
I can start a lobby now. Stream is up.

Grudge matches can happen whenever participants are ready.
What's the point if people don't abide by the conditions of the bet? Threi, you should be proud and wear that avatar with honor!

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
So accoring to Lap Chi team America has 5/5 members confirmed, but he's only revealing Wolfkrone, Mike Ross, and Justin Wong for now. I assume Ricky has to be the 4th, not sure who the 5th will end up being.

Top Bottom