• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

USD

Conceited said:
So accoring to Lap Chi team America has 5/5 members confirmed, but he's only revealing Wolfkrone, Mike Ross, and Justin Wong for now. I assume Ricky has to be the 4th, not sure who the 5th will end up being.
fLoE and F.Champ are the last two.

USD said:

I have a feeling Floe will end up being the 0-5 this time, I bet Tokido and Co will be laughing at how weak the Yangs in US are compared to what someone like Nemo can do with him. Can't say I support his inclusion.

cHaotix8

scytheavatar said:
I have a feeling Floe will end up being the 0-5 this time, I bet Tokido and Co will be laughing at how weak the Yangs in US are compared to what someone like Nemo can do with him. Can't say I support his inclusion.

He went 2-3 in a money match against Mago at SB but yeah, I agree with your sentiments overall.

At first I thought they should have got someone other than Floe, but I don't think there is much to choose from. Ricky can't be on the team because he plays Wong's character. I don't think Latif(same char. as krone) and PR Rog are going either. Who else is up there? Valle, Juicebox, Die, Combo, Flash?

I would probably go with Flash or Art(Rose), but it's not like the choices are that much better than Floe.

El Sloth

Banned
Conceited said:
So accoring to Lap Chi team America has 5/5 members confirmed, but he's only revealing Wolfkrone, Mike Ross, and Justin Wong for now. I assume Ricky has to be the 4th, not sure who the 5th will end up being.
USD said:
Stay free, East Coast.

:\

Justin is one of them now, he doesn't count!

GunbladeV

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
Yeah, I've butted heads with him a bunch on both SRK and Capcom-Unity. He's an alright dude when he isn't being a trollish asshole.

Im pretty sure he made that entire video about how everyone but one could be lp jet upper then 4 ex ducking straights in the corner because he misunderstood someone asking if everyone could be ex mgb light ducking straight into 3 ex ducking straights, and then just was pissed and called everyone idiots. You can see it somewhat in the vid description lol.

His tutorials are nice though, i really like them. Theres still a ton of stuff i dont do with dudley but i manage just based on the fact i feel i do pressure really well and spamming hp and f.hp beats scrubs and its gotten me to around 11.5k bp.

I still jump too much and dont really learn matchup specific OSes and general match up things. I pretty much play everyone the same way, the only difference is i bait reverals ranomly on reversal characters. Ive really just learned almost everything on my own and gave up forums and tutorials.

I beat NAH fragment 2-0 last night, cant handle my jumping duds, i ran away before i got downloaded like i always do.

Vice

scytheavatar said:

The gap between the U.S. and Japan isn't as immense as you're making it out to be.

USD

Yeeeeeah, I'm definitely gonna be garbage in Ver.2012. I'm too lazy to learn a new character, I'm probably gonna end up sticking to Fei and sticking to getting destroyed because of my inability to apply pressure or escape it when I'm on the other end.

vulva

Imm0rt4l said:
Overall it isn't, but in terms of our Yun and Yangs, we are far behind.
similar to how japan hasn't been as exposed to Viper play to the level the US has. Some areas, characters are more developed.

vulva said:
similar to how japan hasn't been as exposed to Viper play to the level the US has. Some areas, characters are more developed.

It doesn't help your argument that Mike and Filipino Champ were eliminated by a Viper and complained about her several times during interviews in Japan. Basically nobody knows how to play Viper. Moral of this story, FUCK Viper.

izunadono said:
It changes from Super to AE when you normal jump, but when you Super Jump the timing is the same (but remember Adon has a new wake-up time).

The idea is to practice against Ryu mashing HP DP (LP DP if you're playing Super), and time your Kunai until it makes him juggle.

-- <- information above is in the Guide apart from the LP DP bit... I try not to include information for older titles.

Against characters like Blanka, you must do certain things to make their DPs whiff. vs. Blanka, use b+MP, sj.LP Kunai, and this will make his EX Upball/Ultra 1 miss (but you will eat an EX Electricity). You have to learn through experience who you can and can't Vortex.

Another tip is Vortexing characters like Ryu, Claw, Blanka... You can't TC4 them (force stand) if they are crouching or counter-hit (can't full TC4) when you Vortex them. Which also means you shouldn't commit to Tsumuji Loops on those characters after a Vortex because you can't Tsumuji Loop a crouching character... Things like that would take too much space to put in the book, and you can only learn through experience anyway.

NICE! Thanks for the info, man!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
kevo_huevo said:
sucks. in my experience, the honda forums have been really helpful and informative. jewelman and mr snk provide some good advice, and gutabo is a fucking genius in the lab.

But....

Gutabo's as free as DBJ

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Smelly SF-people, someone should invite me to their country. I'm bored.

vulva said:
hXgPX.gif

V_Arnold

Rice-Eater said:
It doesn't help your argument that Mike and Filipino Champ were eliminated by a Viper and complained about her several times during interviews in Japan. Basically nobody knows how to play Viper. Moral of this story, FUCK Viper.

Haha. Man up instead.

Imm0rt4l

Apparently Chris Hu is playing gouken, not sure why you would go from oni to gouken though. I give him a few weeks, or maybe he'll pick him up in apology edition.

Rice-Eater said:
"Fuck Viper"-Mago

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
http://blog.twitch.tv/2011/11/01/canada-cup-2011-to-be-presented-by-twitchtv/

TwitchTV said:
We’re also thrilled to announce that, moving forward, TwitchTV is the official home of Canada Cup.

In cooperation with Canada Cup, there will also be a premium stream available this weekend. For a flat fee of $8.95, premium viewers will be able to watch the Canada Cup stream in high-definition and without advertisements during the course of the event.

In addition to an HD and ad-free stream, premium subscribers will be automatically entered into a raffle for prize packs from Mad Catz, Canada Cup Gaming, and Hori, including fight sticks, apparel, and more!

Regular (free) viewers will still be able to watch the event at a resolution of 360p, including advertisements.

Really curious to hear what all of your opinions on this are. Personally I think it's too much money for too little incentive. HD is great and everything, but I'm assuming the broadcaster will still be in control of when to run ads, and since they don't want to lose viewers or piss people off they will only run ads during downtime, so if you pay for no ads you won't really gain anything except not having to listen to or watch ads, it's not like you'll get exclusive access to gameplay or something.

However if due to this partnership twitch forces them to run ads constantly during pools even when gameplay is happening or something, then I could see it being beneficial.

So what do you guys think, do you think it will be a success? Would you pay for it to support the FGC/Twitch/Canada Cup/whatever, or would you pay for it because you want HD/no ads? Or would you pay at all?

notworksafe

100% support this! The price is a little much coming from MLG pricing ($10 a season of SC2), but it's a good start.

Just not having to see ads is good enough for me. I'm sure the ads will be during a downtime, but watching ads sucks. It's worth it to me to pay to get rid of them. HD is pretty sweet as well. I prefer that access to HD VOD properly separated by matches be added too, but there's no chance of that.

If people want fighting games to be the next big e-sport, then this is the future.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
notworksafe said:
100% support this! The price is a little much coming from MLG pricing ($10 a season of SC2), but it's a good start.

Just not having to see ads is good enough for me. I'm sure the ads will be during a downtime, but watching ads sucks. It's worth it to me to pay to get rid of them. HD is pretty sweet as well. I prefer that access to HD VOD properly separated by matches be added too, but there's no chance of that.

If people want fighting games to be the next big e-sport, then this is the future.

Yes, this is definitely the future, but I think if they really wanted to make people comfortable with a fee-based future for the FGC, they should have kept the price to $4.99 (even if that meant them taking a loss when compared to what they would have made on ad revenue), or possibly even cheaper. It would have incentivized more people to pay and thus got them used to the idea of having to pay, and then they could have increased the price further down the road when they rolled out a more serious service.

At this price I think most people will just end up ignoring it.

Satyamdas

Banned
Conceited said:
However if due to this partnership twitch forces them to run ads constantly during pools even when gameplay is happening or something, then I could see it being beneficial.
How is running ads during gameplay in any way beneficial? It will piss off viewers who will probably be a lot less likely to want to buy their streams in the future. The option for no ads and HD is nice, but purposefully shitting up the regular stream as a means of coercing people to upgrade is some weaksauce shit.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Satyamdas said:
How is running ads during gameplay in any way beneficial? It will piss off viewers who will probably be a lot less likely to want to buy their streams in the future. The option for no ads and HD is nice, but purposefully shitting up the regular stream as a means of coercing people to upgrade is some weaksauce shit.

No, I meant the service would be beneficial if that is what happened, did you miss the part where I said running ads during gameplay would piss people off?

Who knows how Twitch will end up handling this situation. We might end up watching ads all throughout pool play and the less interesting stuff, and then the ads might just magically stop during the 5 on 5 or finals day.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm already doing the $26 for three months ads free, everything free thing. Way better because it applies to all streams.

Not only is it ad free but the stream chat box is bigger (twice as big) and things appear to be overall quicker.

Been messing around with Vipah lately. Saty's second favorite character behind Yun.

Timedog and Threi. Man your battle stations.

*Oh. I think it's absolutely stupid to having to pay for HD. I can understand the ads free part.

Sp00ky wouldn't agree with that and he's brought this issue up before. My streams are top notch quality and I wouldn't want anybody paying for it. If you are able to run it, then the pleasure is all yours.

Satyamdas

Banned
Conceited said:
No, I meant the service would be beneficial if that is what happened, did you miss the part where I said running ads during gameplay would piss people off?

Who knows how Twitch will end up handling this situation. We might end up watching ads all throughout pool play and the less interesting stuff, and then the ads might just magically stop during the 5 on 5 or finals day.
You said "I'm assuming the broadcaster will still be in control of when to run ads, and since they don't want to lose viewers or piss people off they will only run ads during downtime"

Then you said "However if due to this partnership twitch forces them to run ads constantly during pools even when gameplay is happening or something, then I could see it being beneficial."

The benefit to paying is already outlined in the press release. It's the lack of ads and the HD presentation. I'm just saying there is no benefit to twitch by being dicks and forcing them to run ads during gameplay, and I doubt they would even want to. If anyone would be interested in running intrusive ads to make people pay up it would be the Canada Cup organizers.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Satyamdas said:
I'm just saying there is no benefit to twitch by being dicks and forcing them to run ads during gameplay

Except for, you know, incentivizing people to go pay for the premium service, which is the whole point of this thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they will be running ads during gameplay when the 5 on 5 or grand finals are happening, but I could see it happening during pools. I wouldn't put it past twitch to do this but again, nobody knows how this partnership will work, so you can't assume anything.

Satyamdas

Banned
Conceited said:
Except for, you know, incentivizing people to go pay for the premium service, which is the whole point of this thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they will be running ads during gameplay when the 5 on 5 or grand finals are happening, but I could see it happening during pools. I wouldn't put it past twitch to do this but again, nobody knows how this partnership will work, so you can't assume anything.
Oh but I can. I can assume that people who didn't want to pony up $9 for HD and no ads will probably not be any more likely to pay after they see that the stream is shitting on them with ads during gameplay. I'm not assuming twitch/CanadaCup will be going that route, in fact I seriously doubt they will.

Venfayth

Ads during gameplay is asinine and would never happen, it'd cost them more in lost viewers than it would gain them, they'd do it between matches or whenever there's a natural break in content.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Acullis said:
Ads during gameplay is asinine and would never happen, it'd cost them more in lost viewers than it would gain them, they'd do it between matches or whenever there's a natural break in content.

Oh I admit there is a very, very low chance of ads during gameplay happening, but there is definitely a possibility, even Arturo mentioned it on his stream. If it doesn't happen though, this makes the no-ads as an incentive essentially pointless (unless you really hate ads), and the value you're getting for $9 even more diminished.

El Sloth

Banned
vulva said:
Sure is nice that such controversial news always comes up the same day as cross counter and frame trap
It's also convenient that it showed up just in time to distract the thread away from a certain comment.

Never had this issue before but now the game will freeze during online play and take me back to the game menu, then it says "you have been disconnected from XBOX Live."

However, my actual profile hasn't been disconnected from XBOX Live, meaning that people on my friends list say I'm still online.

Also, the message that says I've been disconnected from XBOX Live appears to be a Street Fighter message, and not the normal XBOX message that comes up when I usually get disconnected.

Happened 3 times in a row just now. Anyone know what this issue is?

Top Bottom