• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

BlueCrest

Guess, Shoryuken information was wrong, telling me that Kindevu had used C viper, and Rufus, but nonetheless I disagree with the premise that she's overpowered if if were so you would see a surge of Viper players, such as with Yun, who dominates Japanese top 20 BP rankings accounting for 35% percent of all players.

Kindevu uses a ton of characters, he used Evil Ryu for the Godsgarden pools and got bodied. People complain about Viper not because she's overpowered or top tier, it's because she's a poorly designed character that is purposely made to be cheap and not a very fun character to fight against. Apparently it's ok for her to have easy safe ambiguous burn kicks and EX seismos beating everything but it's not ok for Cammy to have her TKCS.

BlueCrest

Disagree with that premise also, we are talking about Japanese Players with the most BP points in whole of Japan, do you really think that they wouldn't be able to execute Vipers attacks consistently, and that they would only drop her only because one needs a little bit more execution that with other characters.
1. BP 323807 WARRIOR Kazunoko (Yun)
2. BP 322736 U.MASTER Daigo (Yun)
3. BP 259111 U.MASTER Mago2DGOD (Fei Long)
4. BP 230470 U.MASTER Nemo (Yang)
5. BP 207093 U.MASTER Michaeltan (Ken)

6. BP 200653 U.MASTER MDR (Yun)
7. BP 185641 U.MASTER Yaz (Yun)
8. BP 178178 U.MASTER Iyo (Ibuki)
9. BP 169893 U.MASTER Banbaban (Yun)
10. BP 168604 U.MASTER Fuudo (Fei Long)

11. BP 168303 U.MASTER Ojisanboy (Yan)
12. BP 163588 U.MASTER Nekojita (Abel)
13. BP 132889 G.MASTER -6 (Akuma)
14. BP 141793 U.MASTER @4Taku (Blanka)
15. BP 139483 U.MASTER Dogura (Dictator)
16. BP 140607 U.MASTER Hisyou (Sagat)
17. BP 137910 U.MASTER Kyabetsu (C. Viper)

18. BP 134906 G.MASTER Sekiganryu (Ryu)
19. BP 134129 G.MASTER Maakun (Yun)
20. BP 131193 U.MASTER Fu*k Yun (Yun)

BlueCrest said:
Disagree with that premise also, we are talking about Japanese Players with the most BP points in whole of Japan, do you really think that they wouldn't be able to execute Vipers attacks consistently, and that they would only drop her only because one needs a little bit more execution that with other characters.

Viper is frequently called a Marvel character in a Street Fighter game, and you know how much those Japanese hate Marvel games.

broz0rs

scytheavatar said:
Kindevu is the Japanese Marn, he's obviously a much better player but yeah like Marn you shouldn't be expecting much from him.

asides from the fact that they got the same body type, but seriously now?

broz0rs said:
asides from the fact that they got the same body type, but seriously now?

As someone (James Chen if I am not wrong) said in EVO Kindevu is well known as a troll in the Japanese community and he isn't popular there. Also, like Marn he's highly talented but you never know whether he's going to be playing seriously or not.

TGMIII

scytheavatar said:
As someone (James Chen if I am not wrong) said in EVO Kindevu is well known as a troll in the Japanese community and he isn't popular there. Also, like Marn he's highly talented but you never know whether he's going to be playing seriously or not.

scytheavatar said:
Viper is frequently called a Marvel character in a Street Fighter game, and you know how much those Japanese hate Marvel games.

Holy shit stop talking.

Vice

scytheavatar said:

Viper is pretty popular in Japan though.

broz0rs

Vice said:
Viper is pretty popular in Japan though.

she is not. i don't know exactly, but there's probably just 2-3 Viper players in top 50 BP rankings.

Kazunoko said in an interview at CC that US Viper players are stronger than the Japanese.

Vice

broz0rs said:
she is not. i don't know exactly, but there's probably just 2-3 Viper players in top 50 BP rankings.

Kazunoko said in an interview at CC that US Viper players are stronger than the Japanese.

Popularity =/= rankings.

V_Arnold

Viper is definitely not overpowered, never was. But it is always easier to ask for a nerf on her. Even if you play Ryu, lol. Lulz.

bluecrest: when it comes to yun vs viper one is pretty much safe on everything and can punish most everything in the game. Someone could roll their face on a cabinet and have a friend control the stick with their big toe and those 2 people could probally manage to somehow steal a win from a player.. the other is able to confuse a opponent into a static state where they just dont know what to do. However if a opponent is used to her or you cant control her properly she's dead...

I am far more scare of yun than I am viper. I can beat burnkicks and seismos free as long as I am in control of the match viper doesnt get a say in the matter as for yun I have to play the perfect match to win. its not a contest when it comes to who you are gonna see more of when it comes to play. Anything for the W

I believe the 1 thing keeping viper out of the top 5 is her execution barrier. she has damage she has massive stun and she has decent frame advantage on shit she can be a nightmare in the right hands (hi krone)

V_Arnold said:
Viper is definitely not overpowered, never was. But it is always easier to ask for a nerf on her. Even if you play Ryu, lol. Lulz.

You're stuck in 2009 when people hated on Ryu and loved Viper because they can't SJC to save their life. It's a new game now.

cHaotix8

cHaotix8 said:
Timedog, your avatar is ready!

17715196.png

Just IMAGINE the things that might happen to you while you use it! OOOOOOOOOH!

Hey, I guessed you missed my post. Let me re-size it for you:

BigbigBathhouse.jpg

'gone ahead now!

Satyamdas

Banned
scytheavatar said:
As if your moran status wasn't clear enough, you go and drop this gem. You are talking directly from your posterior orifice. I'd say smarten up, but I don't think that is an option for you. :(

Satyamdas said:
As if your moran status wasn't clear enough, you go and drop this gem. You are talking directly from your posterior orifice. I'd say smarten up, but I don't think that is an option for you. :(

when did you get that tag Saty?

Fought 4 Fei Long players in ranked the other day who threw out Chicken Wing like it was going out of style. Fei players just don't give a fuck, enjoying some time before ver.2012.

And after getting a good number of negative edge yoga blasts, I can't wait for my sim buffs

Kindevu has multiple first place finishes at evo, and has won sbo. Marn has......well...I think he might have won an evo in guilty gear once? Though probably not.

Threi

notag
framerate, stability, and getting all your viewers to watch without audiosync/time delay problems >>>>> resolution.

Hopefully spooky feels the same.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's what quality controls are for. But yeah, that's why Sp00ky is godlike. Because he cares about the vast majority.

notworksafe

cHaotix8 said:
Hey, I guessed you missed my post. Let me re-size it for you:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/ethNargy/BigbigBathhouse.jpg[img]

'gone ahead now![/QUOTE]
I now wish there was a way to "like" posts on GAF.

[QUOTE=Threi]framerate, stability, and getting all your viewers to watch without audiosync/time delay problems >>>>> resolution.

Hopefully spooky feels the same.[/QUOTE]
He always puts the community and quality of stream for them first. So I expect that won't change.

eissan

Aruarian Reflection said:
Sherryjenix had a very realistic opportunity to make it out of pools, but choked at the end =/

She got 33rd, this was probably her best finish ever, especially impressive considering the level of competition.

yo real talk about sherry! she played one of the guys from my scene and he was literally a round a way from winning the match then floe and wolfkrone both fucken stepped in and pretty much coached her through the match...I dunno to me that was pretty stupid...let her play the match and see what she does...why coach? she is good enough to stand on her own.

The only reason Kindevu isn't doing as well right now (which is still very good) in singles tournaments is because he doesn't want to play as his beast Yun, nor does he play as much as he used to. Kindevu is still one of Japan's best players and he always places high. Comparing him to Marn is an insult. Marn had 1 period where he actually looked like he could compete at a high level in SF and that was when he first started to use Dudley. Kindevu was a beast in Vanilla, winning The national JP tournament and also winning SBO. He just placed top 8 at Evo this year.

Kadey said:
Sp00ky is making the jump to 720p. Game over.

Interesting....

Threi said:
framerate, stability, and getting all your viewers to watch without audiosync/time delay problems >>>>> resolution.

Hopefully spooky feels the same.

I assume he does, isn't that why he took so long to try a 60fps stream?.

Spooky merging donations into an subscription model? interesting...

Reconsidered replays and will have them now (though not "instant" or as godlike).

Top Bottom