• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

eissan said:
yo real talk about sherry! she played one of the guys from my scene and he was literally a round a way from winning the match then floe and wolfkrone both fucken stepped in and pretty much coached her through the match...I dunno to me that was pretty stupid...let her play the match and see what she does...why coach? she is good enough to stand on her own.

Just curious, but were they shouting instructions during the actual match? Coaching before the match begins is bad enough, but it would be awful if they were able to make a good read on your friends play style and basically told her what she should and shouldn't do as the match was going on.

As for Kindevu, he was known for playing Rufus back in the vanilla days, but I think he was also a Grand Master with Viper as well. I remember him and Momochi being the only two players with 2 different characters ranked in the top 50 BP chart. So he's very capable with her. But for some reason, I get the feeling he decided to use her because he felt that if he had to face Wolfkrone, then the Viper mirror gave him his best shot since he couldn't use Yun because Kazunoko was using Yun.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Regardless of whether Sp00ky does the jump to 720p, half of the quality is still dependent on the venue. And NEXT LEVEL itself isn't adequate.

broz0rs

I have a question for stream experts here.

If a stream has 20k unique viewers. You run four ads every hour for eight hour straight. How much can you make out of that?

This is what a League of Legends streamer has and he's claiming some pretty decent chunk of change.

broz0rs said:
I have a question for stream experts here.

If a stream has 20k unique viewers. You run four ads every hour for eight hour straight. How much can you make out of that?

This is what a League of Legends streamer has and he's claiming some pretty decent chunk of change.

No idea but I am curious myself. The way Vesper Arcade bombarded the stream with ads like how the Soviets bombed Berlin, you figure they had to have made a decent amount of money from just that. They must have ran easily over 100 commercials during the weekend.

eissan

Rice-Eater said:
Just curious, but were they shouting instructions during the actual match? Coaching before the match begins is bad enough, but it would be awful if they were able to make a good read on your friends play style and basically told her what she should and shouldn't do as the match was going on.

As for Kindevu, he was known for playing Rufus back in the vanilla days, but I think he was also a Grand Master with Viper as well. I remember him and Momochi being the only two players with 2 different characters ranked in the top 50 BP chart. So he's very capable with her. But for some reason, I get the feeling he decided to use her because he felt that if he had to face Wolfkrone, then the Viper mirror gave him his best shot since he couldn't use Yun because Kazunoko was using Yun.

floe was talking the entire match, wolfkrone was giving instructions between rounds...whatever it happens all the time I just dont get why the need for it though...she is pretty good. I saw her play some MM's at evo and at canada cup she even was giving BAS from team japan the works so I dont see why they need to coach...

Kadey said:
Something like $2 per 1000 views.

So lets assume that the stream averaged 15k viewer per hour for the entire day and ran 10 hours each day. Lets also assume that they ran 12 ads per hours(1 every 5 minutes). That would mean they made $7200 over the 2 day weekend, which actually sounds pretty fucking good. But like I said, I'm just using theoretical numbers and I'm not sure if ad blockers are taken into account. Regardless of what it actually is, they probably made more then any other fighting game stream(maybe with the exception of EVO) ever. But they did it at the expense of there viewers.

I understand there need to recoup the cost of flying in so many players. I've actually defended them quite a bit on this subject. But man they went overboard and really set a bad precedent for anybody else who will probably attempt a premium stream. Hopefully someone like Spooky can reintroduce the idea, but do it right so to not alienate the audience and further hurt the idea because I feel this it is necessary move for the community to grow.

Satyamdas

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
So lets assume that the stream averaged 15k viewer per hour for the entire day and ran 10 hours each day. Lets also assume that they ran 12 ads per hours(1 every 5 minutes). That would mean they made $7200 over the 2 day weekend, which actually sounds pretty fucking good. But like I said, I'm just using theoretical numbers and I'm not sure if ad blockers are taken into account. Regardless of what it actually is, they probably made more then any other fighting game stream(maybe with the exception of EVO) ever. But they did it at the expense of there viewers.

I understand there need to recoup the cost of flying in so many players. I've actually defended them quite a bit on this subject. But man they went overboard and really set a bad precedent for anybody else who will probably attempt a premium stream. Hopefully someone like Spooky can reintroduce the idea, but do it right so to not alienate the audience and further hurt the idea because I feel this it is necessary move for the community to grow.
BSK3c.gif

Satyamdas said:

I always use "there" rather then "their" even if it's incorrect. Although I never make that mistake with "they're".

Same goes for "then" and "than". I always use "then" between the two(notice how I also made that mistake which you didn't point out). I often mistaken those words so I just don't care anymore and always choose to use one instead of distinguishing between the two. It doesn't make me look smart and that's a pretty lazy attitude to have but as long as you get what I mean then that's good enough for me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. The first grudge match ever between COOLIO and I.

He was supposed to wear this avatar after losing to me 10-4.
rlg5lg.jpg

But he never did so he's forever a chump.

Joekage

GG's to Saqs, if you still lurk this thread. I'm TheTostitoSalsa on XBL. Cody/Ryu player. Had some close and interesting matches. Good stuff.

El Sloth

Banned
It's too bad I can't watch the Canada Cup archives without subscribing. I should have just payed when I was watching the thing live. Feels like a waste paying now.

El Sloth said:
It's too bad I can't watch the Canada Cup archives without subscribing. I should have just payed when I was watching the thing live. Feels like a waste paying now.
Just wait until they get put up on Youtube.

On my old pc and crappy internet I stick with lowest resolution possible to keep up with the action. Streams with a 360p and below option tend to be unwatchable for me.

El Sloth

Banned
It'd make for a funny image macro.

Not sure if I'd wear it on a shirt though. Then again, people pay money for all kinds of strange shit.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
When did they announce the winners of the prizes. Every 1/100 subscribers to CC was supposed to win something, but I never saw anything about it on the stream.

Edgeward

It was before the 5v5 on the first night if I remember correctly. I know they announced at least 3 names and most probably more

Hey guys, thought I'd put in a plug for Boom Gorillas. They just formed a streaming crew and are planning to start streaming all events, tournaments, and weekly casuals in the DFW area.

http://www.facebook.com/BoomGorillas
http://twitter.com/#!/boomgorillas
http://www.youtube.com/boomgorillas
(ps u can watch a shitty viper doin a ft5 with a shitter honda on the youtube)
and lastly, their twitch.tv account -
http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas

They put a lot of time and effort into this, and I'd love for the GAF community to get to know the Dallas guys a little bit better. As of right this moment, I believe they're streaming Puzzle Fighter, so yeah, come hang out!

Imm0rt4l

FindMyFarms said:
Hey guys, thought I'd put in a plug for Boom Gorillas. They just formed a streaming crew and are planning to start streaming all events, tournaments, and weekly casuals in the DFW area.

http://www.facebook.com/BoomGorillas
http://twitter.com/#!/boomgorillas
http://www.youtube.com/boomgorillas
(ps u can watch a shitty viper doin a ft5 with a shitter honda on the youtube)
and lastly, their twitch.tv account -
http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas

They put a lot of time and effort into this, and I'd love for the GAF community to get to know the Dallas guys a little bit better. As of right this moment, I believe they're streaming Puzzle Fighter, so yeah, come hang out!
liked, subscribed, followed

izunadono said:
Nice

are those vanilla blocking sfx?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Joekage said:
GG's to Saqs, if you still lurk this thread. I'm TheTostitoSalsa on XBL. Cody/Ryu player. Had some close and interesting matches. Good stuff.
GGs my man. The rust is coming off slowly but surely :)

cHaotix8

Rice-Eater said:
I recorded the self proclaimed discoverer of this link lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usFzTAI6Ec&feature=channel_video_title

If that wasn't bad enough, DBJ showed up in the Season's Beatings Velocity thread and said that this guy actually beat Poongko in a FT3 MM and went nuts afterward.

I don't know how you "discover" combo's into ultra. With frame data you have an idea of everything that is possible with a character for the most part, though that combo is a bit more practical as a counter hit setup. He has another sweet combo called "The Three Musketeers" (Jab DP, Fierce DP FADC EX DP) haha.

And yeah, that guy challenged every top player to a money match at SB. Wish he would have challenged me too. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cHaotix8 said:
I don't know how you "discover" combo's into ultra. With frame data you have an idea of everything that is possible with a character for the most part, though that combo is a bit more practical as a counter hit setup.
Unless the mook mistakenly lists a move as not having the frame advantage it actually has, as was the case with Ken's close standing forward.

cHaotix8 said:
And yeah, that guy challenged every top player to a money match at SB. Wish he would have challenged me too. :(

Was he free? And I don't mean free as in free to the top guys, I mean did he look pretty free to most decent players? The way I saw him play last year didn't lead me to believe he was anything special. He did some really strange stuff like cr. HP, tatsu on his opponents wake up. Has he improved a lot since then or is he still doing strange stuff like this or is just not that great of a player who somehow pulled of a miracle by beating Poongko.

rocK`

Banned
Hitokage said:
Unless the mook mistakenly lists a move as not having the frame advantage it actually has, as was the case with Ken's close standing forward.

Right - which makes this a discovery.

Top Bottom