• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rice-Eater said:
Was he free? And I don't mean free as in free to the top guys, I mean did he look pretty free to most decent players? The way I saw him play last year didn't lead me to believe he was anything special. He did some really strange stuff like cr. HP, tatsu on his opponents wake up. Has he improved a lot since then or is he still doing strange stuff like this or is just not that great of a player who somehow pulled of a miracle by beating Poongko.

See for yourself.

Canada Cup was amazing, Lapchi is insane, dude was having $1000 mm's and shit. Sucks to hear about what happened with the stream though. Luckily Cross Counter will be dropping a ton of match footage and most of the matches will be going up on CanadaCup's youtube channel so it's not all bad.

Conceited said:
See for yourself.

Canada Cup was amazing, Lapchi is insane, dude was having $1000 mm's and shit. Sucks to hear about what happened with the stream though. Luckily Cross Counter will be dropping a ton of match footage and most of the matches will be going up on CanadaCup's youtube channel so it's not all bad.

Poongko definitely should have won that match. It was a combination of attempting flashy combos, choosing not to kill just for a cooler finish, and plain ol' dropped combos. But with that said, Excited Beast looks much better then the guy I saw from last year. Not a great player by any means, he still takes some crazy risk, but at least he's better then the guy I saw last year.

cHaotix8

Hitokage said:
Unless the mook mistakenly lists a move as not having the frame advantage it actually has, as was the case with Ken's close standing forward.

I stand corrected! The main point I was trying to convey is that there's loads of people around providing "sweet new tech" that's been known for a while but never really made public (Like Dudley Forward Fierce into full ultra or Cody Safe Jump setups off of EX Ruffian). This clearly wasn't the case in this situation though.

Rice-Eater said:
Was he free? And I don't mean free as in free to the top guys, I mean did he look pretty free to most decent players? The way I saw him play last year didn't lead me to believe he was anything special. He did some really strange stuff like cr. HP, tatsu on his opponents wake up. Has he improved a lot since then or is he still doing strange stuff like this or is just not that great of a player who somehow pulled of a miracle by beating Poongko.

Eh, he was mostly just a Ken that likes to take high risks with no real footsie game. I played a set against him at the end of SB and he took the first match off me because I gave him a bit more credit than he deserved. After that it was wrap time nap time!

Rice-Eater said:
I recorded the self proclaimed discoverer of this link lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usFzTAI6Ec&feature=channel_video_title

If that wasn't bad enough, DBJ showed up in the Season's Beatings Velocity thread and said that this guy actually beat Poongko in a FT3 MM and went nuts afterward.
I never proclaimed at the time, because I assumed the combo would just become common knowledge but I figured out close st mk to u2 way early before super even came out.

@izuno- easiest way is to use close st mk after a cr jab to punish people that do delayed crouch techs. It forces stand plus u get counterhit, making the ultra link a 3 framer. Without ultra u cAn either just sweep, dp, or cr mk xx ex tatsu

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Black Jesus is our lord and savior

298263_197917266949603_104503136291017_452949_1571425977_n.jpg

wut

296739_197917973616199_104503136291017_452956_1009826242_n.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally caught the team tourney archives. So close.......so close. It could've gone either way but Wolfkrone was definitely the MVP of the tournament taking out so many high level opponents. Once in singles and then again in teams. I always thought he was the better Viper between him and Latiff.

And Kindevu is my favorite Japanese player ever since EVO. He knows how to be funny without the expense of others. Plus he seems to enjoy every moment.

Anybody up for some AE tonight or should I entertain the Marvel crowd?

vulva

I know bp doesn't matter for anything, but can't help but be happy. Just cracked 10k bp in AE. I'm almost caught up to my super bp now =)

Izuna

Banned
Okay. 21k BP. Swear down if Jamhally surpasses my BP on AE PC again I'm just going to leave it. I only want #1 spot so more people look at my guide anyway.

Any clue who Jamhally is?

Satyamdas

Banned
izunadono said:
Okay. 21k BP. Swear down if Jamhally surpasses my BP on AE PC again I'm just going to leave it. I only want #1 spot so more people look at my guide anyway.

I play him a lot on PC. Run of the mill braindead Ibuki player. Don't think he is some known tourney player, if that's what you're asking.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
cHaotix8 said:
I don't know how you "discover" combo's into ultra. With frame data you have an idea of everything that is possible with a character for the most part, though that combo is a bit more practical as a counter hit setup. He has another sweet combo called "The Three Musketeers" (Jab DP, Fierce DP FADC EX DP) haha.

And yeah, that guy challenged every top player to a money match at SB. Wish he would have challenged me too. :(

I've never once seen anybody do Makoto's counterhit st.hp xx hayate cancel > U1 except for me in training mode. Imma gonna upload a video of it and claim I'm the first person to know about it and demand it be named after me.

Daigo with 66K BP on his Akuma card already. Makes him the 4th ranked Akuma in Japan.

1. -6 148,581
2. Eita 90,190BP
3. Tokido 74,201
4. Umehara 65,919

Kaako

Felium Defensor
black_vegeta said:
Daigo with 66K BP on his Akuma card already. Makes him the 4th ranked Akuma in Japan.

1. -6 148,581
2. Eita 90,190BP
3. Tokido 74,201
4. Umehara 65,919
Sick. I wanna see him blowing people up with gouki.

zlatko

Banned
I'm like halfway through I Got Next, and I can't believe people were hating on Gootecks back in '08. I'm glad that Mike and him got to where they are now and that the skies the limit. Best dynamic duo of all time! :D

KidA Seven said:
Just finished "I Got Next." Gootecks' vision for the fighting game community is coming true.

What exactly do you mean by this? It has gotten bigger, and they got jobs doing what they love. But which part are you talking about?

USD

Apparently Umehara went on a 53-game win streak at Taito with Akuma (lost to a Viper). Ume Gouki is serious.

toypop

A Viper who scored 4-9 Daigo today stopped it.

Current status of his Akuma is,
BP 78,448 Grandmaster.
1,457 wins / 1904 matches. WR 76.52%.

As for Viper, in Japan, she has been considered as KoF-esque character since vanilla days.

toypop said:
A Viper who scored 4-9 Daigo today stopped it.

Current status of his Akuma is,
BP 78,448 Grandmaster.
1,457 wins / 1904 matches. WR 76.52%.

As for Viper, in Japan, she has been considered as KoF-esque character since vanilla days.

:eek:

Remus

izunadono said:

All I know is that after several matches prior he suddenly decided to rage quit on me once and I asked him why. He said he hated fighting T. Hawk, lame.

Joekage

PhatSaqs said:
Viper is the most annoying dumb shit character in this game... Her and Seth can die in gas fires.

Can't agree with you more, You can play a "good" Viper and play lights out the entire round, make one wrong guess and eat close to 600 damage. Her reversals are ridiculous, and her frame advantage on burn kick is dumb as well. She has low health and I'm cool with her having such a solid mixup but Viper is one of those characters who has no reason to block/press buttons which I really hate about this game.

2nd place @EVO - Keep pressing those buttons. (No offense to Latif, but he knows it's true)

BlueCrest

Where exactly are people getting that C.Viper is some sort of godly character, she's one of the best but she not in the same tier as Yun, Yang, and Fei Long, yet there's so many complaining about her. Some information, so complainers can shut their mouths.
Arcadia Magazine Tier Ranks
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/21/updated-tier-rankings-arcadia-magazine-ssf4-ae/
Rankings by Daigo,Tokido and Mago
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/30/complete-ssf4-arcade-edition-tiers-daigo-mago-tokido/

Imm0rt4l

BlueCrest said:
Where exactly are people getting that C.Viper is some sort of godly character, she's one of the best but she not in the same tier as Yun, Yang, and Fei Long, yet there's so many complaining about her. Some information, so complainers can shut their mouths.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/21/updated-tier-rankings-arcadia-magazine-ssf4-ae/
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/30/complete-ssf4-arcade-edition-tiers-daigo-mago-tokido/
smh.gif

"Fuck Viper"-Mago

BlueCrest said:

It's worth noting also that no viper has had the same success as latif and wolfkrone had. Peeps can hate, but the fact is not even in Japan did they think she was as good as krone/latif made her seem. It's the players, not the characters. In the same way that Kazunoko said, if you're not mago, then ur fei is gonna get bodied, it also applies to latif/krone. If you're not them, then your viper is more than likely not going to hang.

vulva

BlueCrest said:
To be fair good vipers only really exist in north america

Top Bottom