• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

zlatko

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
I know this is a little off topic, but I was just curious what the gaf sf4 players interest level is for SxT

I think my hype will raise once they are getting closer to release and we see how the fights pan out with a near complete build. What's been shown so far isn't all that exciting, but the roster does keep getting better. If they throw in Rolento then I'll be there day one. :p

I'm definitely more excited for TTT2 right now.

Chavelo

MarkMan said:
TTT2. GETHYPE.

Gif29.gif

Degen

Either Dhalsim or Hugo will be teamed up with a Tekken character I haven't decided on. Gotta represent the superior side somehow

SFxT is just the odd man out for me. I mean, I don't even really have time for one fighting game. And I'm more interested in 3rd Strike (I never played it and I love sprite art) or Skullgirls (GGPO + support indie devs) and those are both $15 not $60. Plus I've never even played a Tekken game, so just waiting to try TTT2 as a "real" Tekken game sounds better than playing some SFxT hybrid. So I don't really see myself picking it up.

Number45

https://twitter.com/#!/MarkMan23/status/101011049330909184

Unfortunately, I will not be attending Super VS Battle this weekend in London :( Best wishes to everyone in Europe <3

https://twitter.com/#!/KayaneChan/status/101008859778387968

How will I do for SVB with the London situation right now ..?

Hopefully it will have settled down by the weekend.

zlatko

Banned
Kimosabae said:
Why is Namco being so stingy with Direct Feed HD footage of this game?

I suppose because it's not the console version yet? You can find some quality footage though from gametrailers.com, but I agree I would like some direct HD footage and a new website for the game, because right now one doesn't exist right?

LakeEarth

Yeah it's been there for a while now.

And I am very interested in SFxT, but I dunno if I'm going to day 1 purchase it. I'm already split between AE, MvC3, LoL, SC2 and coming soon, 3s online. But then again, if I wait for the price drop I miss out on the best time to be online. Decisions, decisions...

I am kinda excited for SFxT. I mainly want to play the tekken guys and see how the designers interpreted them into 2D gameplay.

Plus the chain combos give me this SF Alpha 1 vibe. I don't know. Maybe I will be more hype closer to release.

SFxT is weird. You have to hold forward to do Sim's long normals and Hwoarang's dive kick is executed on the ground. My friend couldn't figure out how to do a low with Crocodile Dudley, either.

Kimosabae

Banned
I keep hearing about how fun SFXT is but the looks like SUCH an abortion.

At his moment, I'm thinking there's too many as is, and coming, so I can easily pass this one up.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So how much invincibility does Seth's U2 have now? I reversal ultra'd a Seth player after he tried to chip me with that shit the other day and I was all like fuck yea~

Lost Fragment said:
So how much invincibility does Seth's U2 have now? I reversal ultra'd a Seth player after he tried to chip me with that shit the other day and I was all like fuck yea~
not much, they fixed it because it was so good in Super.

Fraeon

Well, fuck. I was going to come go to the UK for SVB but with the riots and all, I'm having second thoughts.

You guys don't like the art style of SFxT? It (the in game models/graphics) looks like one of those old Fatal Fury games, I forget which one, but new and improved. I kinda like it.

I hate the HUD of course.

BotoxAgent said:
yeah, no matter how cool the cast can be, I still can't get over how fugly the overall design looks.
The UI is downright offensive and the overly saturated look of the game is terrible

Degen

I think the latest build's HUD looks fine. My only complaint was the overly-crazy health bar before that

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I just spotted a spelling mistake in the title.
Stop the thread. I want off

Gettin' ready for dem gafbats. Everytime I get read to play a long set with Fei, I start out so well, then after a short while (6-7 matches) I start playing like complete crap, and can't get a win for the life of me. God dammit, Fei, why you no give me free wins all the time?

USD

Lost Fragment said:
It has 12F of invincibility, so you're typical 10F UC won't be able to beat it mashed out head-to-head, but with a slight delay (more for the faster UCs), you'll win every time, assuming you're using an invincible, non-projectile UC (as it's completely projectile-invincible).

Top Bottom