• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky said:
I...I know, you want to kill blanka? Then do as I command.

edit : no but seriously, if you block a ball, you can atleast dash forward and connect a c.hp can't you?
In Super you could use lp. palm to punish Blanka balls. In AE...not so much.

Imm0rt4l

Corky said:
I...I know, you want to kill blanka? Then do as I command.

edit : no but seriously, if you block a ball, you can atleast dash forward and connect a c.hp can't you?
Nah, if I block standing then I believe I can dash cr. rh for one of the balls, but it's otherwise still unpunishable, but dash cr. rh is nice for a knockdown. I can't really run okizeme on him, not sure what to do when I knock him down really other than safe jump. I stay falling for the hop around and throw, hop over me then electricity. I suppose I should use counter on electricity but I don't rely on that move I especially don't want to just throw it out since it's a good way to get thrown.

and like beef said you could punish blanka balls in super, IF you block standing.

Imm0rt4l said:
I play gouken.
LOL. On a serious note, it still blows my mind that a character that is supposed to be the teacher of ryu and ken is such a bad character STILL. The game has had 3 iterations but still they haven't buffed him enough. I play cody so I feel your pain to a certain degree, but still even cody isnt as bad as gouken(Even though theyre really close on the tier list). Stay strong brother.

Imm0rt4l

biosnake20 said:
LOL. On a serious note, it still blows my mind that a character that is supposed to be the teacher of ryu and ken is such a bad character STILL. The game has had 3 iterations but still they haven't buffed him enough. I play cody so I feel your pain to a certain degree, but still even cody isnt as bad as gouken(Even though theyre really close on the tier list). Stay strong brother.
I'll try till version 2012, till then I guess I'll be working on the bottom tier boss and my other main Dudley.

Edgeward

Wow, Zhi just goes in on Kindevu. lol Did not know he knew Kayo growing up. And lol at "little girls/moe"

Such a good pick-up to have Zhi as he can make interviews with Japan players possible.

So Kindevu is not gonna be at Tougeki. That sucks, I do hope the sponsor brings him around to the US more often, I haven't even seen his master Cammy/Evil Ryu. *_*

Satyamdas

Banned
There are a lot of cool and unique nicknames and handles in the fighting game community, but "Golden Fatty" trumps them all. That name's awesomeness is overshadowed only by Kindevu's godlike skills.

ShinNL

Back from holiday: what's the point of PC version if it doesn't recognize my Hori Fighting Stick 3... D:

(Worked in Vanilla just fine)

Satyamdas said:
There are a lot of cool and unique nicknames and handles in the fighting game community, but "Golden Fatty" trumps them all. That name's awesomeness is overshadowed only by Kindevu's godlike skills.

Don't get me wrong, that name is pretty bad ass, but nothing best "Ojisan Boy" IMO. The name is just pure genius, I wish I thought of it.

FindMyFarms said:
I know this is a little off topic, but I was just curious what the gaf sf4 players interest level is for SxT

For me it's so-so. I like my fighters 1 v 1, I hate the concept of team fighters. I don't want to worry about assist, I don't like tagging in my the guys on the side line, I don't like team combos, and so on. I just want my guy versus your guy, not my team vs your team. I'm not sure which of these features SFxT actually has as I'm not really following the game much. I was at EVO and didn't bother to play it because I didn't care to wait in line behind guys who are probably a lot more interested in the game.

But I will buy it and I think I'll try to get into it more then I did with Marvel just because it looks like SF4. So although it's more over the top, it's not going to be the madness that is Marvel vs Capcom 3. But I don't see this replacing AE for me as my main game, hell I'm actually looking forward to AE 2K12 more as crazy as that may seem to some of you guys. Honestly I hope I like it, it'd be great to have something on the side that I actually want to play besides SF4 until SF5 comes out.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
FindMyFarms said:
I know this is a little off topic, but I was just curious what the gaf sf4 players interest level is for SxT

Me personally, very low. I've never had any interest in non 1v1 fighting games.

Number45

Rice-Eater said:
For me it's so-so. I like my fighters 1 v 1, I hate the concept of team fighters. I don't want to worry about assist, I don't like tagging in my the guys on the side line, I don't like team combos, and so on. I just want my guy versus your guy, not my team vs your team.
This sums up my opinion perfectly as far as fighting games go. I barely have the smarts to keep tabs on what I should be doing in a 1v1.

"I know this is a little off topic, but I was just curious what the gaf sf4 players interest level is for SxT"

Very high. Julia, day one. If they bring in some Rolento, I might go harder. TBH, I think I'm a smidge more excited for TTT2 and SC5, though.

Rice-Eater said:
For me it's so-so. I like my fighters 1 v 1, I hate the concept of team fighters. I don't want to worry about assist, I don't like tagging in my the guys on the side line, I don't like team combos, and so on. I just want my guy versus your guy, not my team vs your team.

This is pretty much how I feel. Though I think it would've been really cool if the game offered the option to not only do 2 v 2 but also 1 v 1. If that was offered with the game, it would've been an insta-buy for me.

Spacebar

Triple Oceans said:
This is pretty much how I feel. Though I think it would've been really cool if the game offered the option to not only do 2 v 2 but also 1 v 1. If that was offered with the game, it would've been an insta-buy for me.

I agree. I'm hyped for the game, but I would rather have the option to be 1 vs. 1 or just leave out 2 vs. 2 all together. SSF4AE will still probably be my main game and play MK and this on the side.

it's official, online Yun players are the biggest pieces of shit ever!!

I fuckin hate fighting Yun. Once he's in, I can't do fuckin shit but guess and pray. So i fought this scrub Yun player last night abusing typical shit...mashing DP and lunge punch, so I play footsie and runaway looking out for his specials. I ended up winning. He then picks Rufus....so I try to avoid his range and fished out his Ex messiahs when he got close (we all know they mash out that shit). Then he picks Sakura, kept jumping in like an idiot. He lost some more. It was getting really bad for him.

I kept beating him that I started to feel bad and picked Ryu and I lost one and then he left.

He then messaged me calling me a pussy.

Screw you!!! I am not going to stand around let myself eat dive kicks. Sorry. Not gonna happen. Then he had the nerve to call me a whiner. What!? He messaged me first and calling me names!! WTF!!

Even though I demolished him with Guy of all people. I don't feel satisfied. I wanna go to his house beat the shit out of him IRL. ugh!!

New Rule! i will kick out any Yun player in my lobby, no hesitation. It seems that when u pick Yun, all you care about is winning and get really salty if you don't. Go to hell!!

Gegz

Banned
Edgeward said:
So Kindevu is not gonna be at Tougeki. That sucks, I do hope the sponsor brings him around to the US more often, I haven't even seen his master Cammy/Evil Ryu. *_*

That's the plan !

BotoxAgent, u mad. Save yourself some sanity and change your settings so you can only receive messages from people on your friends list.

rivals

FindMyFarms said:

I wasn't super excited until I got in a few games at Evo. I definitely enjoyed it. I think AE or whatever at the time will still be my main game but I'm definitely going to get into SFxT.

EDIT:
BotoxAgent said:
all you care about is winning and get really salty if you don't.

It's a competitive game, why is this surprising?

Chavelo

Soneet said:
Back from holiday: what's the point of PC version if it doesn't recognize my Hori Fighting Stick 3... D:

(Worked in Vanilla just fine)

Should of been patched out. Does it still not work for you? Or did you read that a few weeks ago?

_dementia said:
BotoxAgent, u mad. Save yourself some sanity and change your settings so you can only receive messages from people on your friends list.

I didn't even know i can do that! lol

rivals said:

His stupidity was more suprising. In one his messages, he actually said that winning was the only thing I cared about, lmao!!! The fuck!?

Chavelo

rivals said:

Not really a competitive game (or maybe a good player, really) if all you do is play online AND pick top tier... I give far more respect to people on my local scene playing for money and choosing top tier or for Gaffers/friends playing for the hell of it.

In the other hand, you're doing it wrong if you're getting mad from scrubs doing this. Just let go and walk away, and smile that someone bothered to write something to you (pissed off, too!) because of how good you played.

Just my two cents. :-/

MightyKAC

BotoxAgent said:
His stupidity was more suprising. In one his messages, he actually said that winning was the only thing I cared about, lmao!!! The fuck!?

And this is why the good lord invented Trolling.

rivals

Chavelo said:
Not really a competitive game (or maybe a good player, really) if all you do is play online AND pick top tier... I give far more respect to people on my local scene playing for money and choosing top tier or for Gaffers/friends playing for the hell of it.

Well sure, I mean I'm not arguing anything about respect, my question was to be taken entirely at face value. When I play online, the person BotoxAgent posted about is the exact kind of person I expect I'll end up playing against if I'm playing ranked against randoms just because of how common it is from what I've heard and seen. Honestly was just curious because it's really not worth getting worked up and mad about people like that, just play against gaffers/people you know (or take _dementia's suggestion because I didn't know about that either) if you don't want to deal with the idiots.

Chavelo

rivals said:
Well sure, I mean I'm not arguing anything about respect, my question was to be taken entirely at face value. When I play online, the person BotoxAgent posted about is the exact kind of person I expect I'll end up playing against if I'm playing ranked against randoms just because of how common it is from what I've heard and seen. Honestly was just curious because it's really not worth getting worked up and mad about people like that, just play against gaffers/people you know (or take _dementia's suggestion because I didn't know about that either) if you don't want to deal with the idiots.

Ah, okay. Looks like we're both agreeing on the same thing ^.^

(BUT I EDITED MY POST SO I FAILED. D:)

Chavelo said:
In the other hand, you're doing it wrong if you're getting mad from scrubs doing this. Just let go and walk away, and smile that someone bothered to write something to you (pissed off, too!) because of how good you played.

rivals said:

you are right, and I usually don't let opponents get under my skin like that. But it was building up from a entire day of playing against Yun and getting my ass kicked. And when I finally achieved a small victory, that person had to act like a tard.

notworksafe

FindMyFarms said:
About as high as possible. I was only mildly excited until I played it a ridiculous amount at EVO and now I can't wait for it to come out. It's a lot of fun! Poison/Juri team forever! :D

Also GGs last night Rocwell. My friend and I traded off playing you, so I apologize for all the Yun. :p

XenoRaven

FindMyFarms said:
I WANT to be excited and it looks fun and all, but I'm really worried about the dial-a-combos. Part of the fun of Street Fighter is learning the combos and the rewarding feeling of finally being able to pull of some of the harder ones consistently. If most of the damage is just going to come from L, M, H, Tag Combo then I'm not sure it can be considered an improvement over SF4. It may turn out that it's not like that though. We'll see.

rivals

XenoRaven said:
I WANT to be excited and it looks fun and all, but I'm really worried about the dial-a-combos. Part of the fun of Street Fighter is learning the combos and the rewarding feeling of finally being able to pull of some of the harder ones consistently. If most of the damage is just going to come from L, M, H, Tag Combo then I'm not sure it can be considered an improvement over SF4. It may turn out that it's not like that though. We'll see.

The feeling I got from it was that it's in between MVC3 and SF in terms of how the combo chains and timing works. If you really must play a link combo system this obviously won't be the game for you, but it's not entirely dial a combo.

Top Bottom