• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

FindMyFarms said:
. It's the players, not the characters.

1ONH6.jpg

BlueCrest

You are wrong about that Dry Eyed Relief, there's no player that wins tournaments, who uses Dark Phoenix that doesn't demonstrate perfect or superior proficiency, with their other characters, Dark Phoenix gives you a boost but still you gotta be one of the best to be able to win at tournaments, every Phoenix User that usually places high at tournaments such as Viscant, Fchamp, and Flocker, are able to use other characters with perfect proficiency such as Viscant Wesker, Fchamp Dormmamu, and Flocker's Zero, they are some of the best players, Dark Phoenix doesn't help scrubs at fighting the top players.

vulva

the only reason that krone lost in the 5on5 is because he was against a viper, and viper is a bullshit character. Otherwise, krone would have won since he's the best american viper.

vulva said:
the only reason that krone lost in the 5on5 is because he was against a viper, and viper is a bullshit character. Otherwise, krone would have won since he's the best american viper.

Him losing to a Viper was poetic justice.

BlueCrest

First, and foremost Krone isn't the best american Viper, that title belongs to Latif, and also Wolfkrone didn't lose to Viper only, he lost to Yun, and he lost to Sagat, if what you are saying is just because he lost to Viper, she's a bullshit character then Yun, and Sagat are also on the same boat.

Imm0rt4l

BlueCrest said:
First, and foremost Krone isn't the best american Viper, that title belongs to Latif, and also Wolfkrone didn't lose to Viper only, he lost to Yun, and he lost to Sagat, if what you are saying is just because he lost to Viper, she's a bullshit character then Yun, and Sagat are also on the same boat.
It's ok to be opinionated but people really shouldn't pass off there opinion as gospel. Krone is more consistent. Sure this could be in part because of latif going to fewer tourneys, but him placing over krone at evo isn't really an indication of who is better. I do believe that Latif is stronger than krone in many areas(execution mainly), but I'd say Krone is the better sf4 player, he knows how to block. To me it seems that krone is a bit more methodical, I think Latif can maul better than any other viper, but when he isn't mauling and is on the defensive he seems a bit panicky.

Also mirror matches, especially ones like viper, viper mean very little imo.

vulva

BlueCrest said:
latif is american?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
PhatSaqs said:
Viper is the most annoying dumb shit character in this game... Her and Seth can die in gas fires.

yo people hatin on seth now? 1 counterhit fierce/roundhouse with any character and boom 25% of the life gone.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
BlueCrest said:
Where exactly are people getting that C.Viper is some sort of godly character, she's one of the best but she not in the same tier as Yun, Yang, and Fei Long, yet there's so many complaining about her. Some information, so complainers can shut their mouths.
Arcadia Magazine Tier Ranks
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/oct/21/updated-tier-rankings-arcadia-magazine-ssf4-ae/
Rankings by Daigo,Tokido and Mago
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/30/complete-ssf4-arcade-edition-tiers-daigo-mago-tokido/
El Fuerte sucks and I still think he's a poorly-designed character who doesn't belong in a Street Fighter game.

Satyamdas

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
Also mirror matches, especially ones like viper, viper mean very little imo.
Why do they mean any less than any other match? If anything, Viper mirrors mean more than other matches since they will oftentimes expose a Viper player's inability to deal with their own bullshit, since they usually never have to deal with it. A mirror is the only true 5/5 matchup in the entire game, where your character's weaknesses and advantages are completely nullified, so I really don't understand the mentality of dismissing mirror matches out of hand.

I'm not saying that the winner of a mirror means that that person is the superior player of that character, but it is just as meaningful a matchup as any other in the game.

Mirror matches aren't really indicators of who is the better user of that character. It just shows who knows the matchup better. Latif could beat Krone 100 times in a row in a mirror, but I would still consider Krone the better Viper player.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Satyamdas said:
Why do they mean any less than any other match? If anything, Viper mirrors mean more than other matches since they will oftentimes expose a Viper player's inability to deal with their own bullshit, since they usually never have to deal with it. A mirror is the only true 5/5 matchup in the entire game, where your character's weaknesses and advantages are completely nullified, so I really don't understand the mentality of dismissing mirror matches out of hand.

I'm not saying that the winner of a mirror means that that person is the superior player of that character, but it is just as meaningful a matchup as any other in the game.
Wow, somebody actually gets it!

Joekage

Just played a good set with RBRogue and I must say.....

Fuck Viper. Haha, good games bro.

Anyways, I don't really care who has the best Viper or how far she is in the tier list. I'm speaking on personal experience and frame data/numbers. Her reversals are some of the best in the game, and yes I know they can be option selected but that still doesn't take away from how ridiculously good they are. She has everything at her disposal plus one of if not the best mixup games in the entire cast.

I don't want to sound like a complainer but it is laughable when people say "Oh she's not that good" or "LOL you lose to Viper, the only good ones are Krone and Latif" That's bullshit. I respect Wolfkrone and Latif tremendously, and won't take away any of their accomplishments but regardless of their skill level, it helps having a character who can bully most of the cast without 3 frame reversals or valid option selects to counter her. Don't even get me started on anti-airing the bitch.

P.S. I'm also not one of those people who complain and don't learn and adapt with my character to actually beat her. I use training mode religiously to make sure I stomp her into the ground but yeah, fuck Viper <3

Satyamdas

Banned
Joekage said:
Just played a good set with RBRogue and I must say.....

Fuck Viper. Haha, good games bro.

Anyways, I don't really care who has the best Viper or how far she is in the tier list. I'm speaking on personal experience and frame data/numbers. Her reversals are some of the best in the game, and yes I know they can be option selected but that still doesn't take away from how ridiculously good they are. She has everything at her disposal plus one of if not the best mixup games in the entire cast.

I don't want to sound like a complainer but it is laughable when people say "Oh she's not that good" or "LOL you lose to Viper, the only good ones are Krone and Latif" That's bullshit. I respect Wolfkrone and Latif tremendously, and won't take away any of their accomplishments but regardless of their skill level, it helps having a character who can bully most of the cast without 3 frame reversals or valid option selects to counter her. Don't even get me started on anti-airing the bitch.

P.S. I'm also not one of those people who complain and don't learn and adapt with my character to actually beat her. I use training mode religiously to make sure I stomp her into the ground but yeah, fuck Viper <3
Joe always dropping that real shit. <#

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Professor Beef said:
The fuck is this? I'M SHUTTING DOWN THE STUDIO.
Not only did you not vote for me, but you actively campaigned against me. Beef is certainly the correct word.

rocK`

Banned
vulva said:
To be fair good vipers only really exist in north america

I feel like c.viper and makoto (in 3s) had very similar standings, they were complete wild cards that based their game around good execution and great mixups, which earned their right to be in top 5 depending on the player.

Top Bottom