• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Just watched I Got Next. Definitely an improvement over the rough cuts. Watching it now versus later, you get to see many popular players in the community, ie

Valle (before his resurgence in the community in 2010 and the start of Level Up)
Skisonic
Chris Hu (quick cameo)'
Juicebox (probably the earliest I can remember seeing him)
LI Joe (back when he was relevant)
Gootecks (Not a relevant player anymore but definitely huge in the community, this movie is the precursor to his role)
Combofiend
J.Wong (before leaving Empire)
Marn
Sabin (funny as always)
Ed Ma
Sanford Kelly (funny as he was Top 8 in SFIV and won MVC2 in 2009 but now...)
Mr. Wizard's Orange Shirt
Daigo

If you wanted to get a glimpse of the community in 2008 to early 2010, this movie gives it to you and how SFIV definitely caused a fighting-game resurgence.

We still have a ways to go after Canada Cup, but the community has definitely come a long way.

And sorry to see Timedog back to the avatar.

Izuna

Banned
Remus said:
All I know is that after several matches prior he suddenly decided to rage quit on me once and I asked him why. He said he hated fighting T. Hawk, lame.

LMAO. He hates fighting T.Hawk with Ibuki?

MarkMan said:
Old yeah, but just wanted to watch this again over and over....

1Uupl.gif
I own that same American Apparel cardigan Richard is wearing.

Corky said:
yo people hatin on seth now? 1 counterhit fierce/roundhouse with any character and boom 25% of the life gone.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing the character but I really really hate playing against him. I'm terrified to be near a good Seth when he's on the offensive, too many options to deal with EVERYTHING. And when you get in on him you have to deal with arguably the best SRK in the game, a SDP, and a decent teleport.

As for Viper, for all the things that I hate about her. What I probably hate the most is her mashable reversals that are completely safe on block. HP TK, who cares about that. You want to frame trap her or do a CH set up? Forget about it, she can burn kick or EX seismo for free. Look at it this way, you do a block string on Ryu and then just block to bait a DP. If he doesn't have meter to burn, you get a big punish. You do the same to Viper, she could do EX seismo or BK. Both are safe and BK leaves her with frame advantage.

Oh, but we can OS that. Come on, really? In order to beat her safe reversals, we have to OS a normal move? Not every character has a good reversal, and most people can't OS a reversal after a light attack. Oh well, just wanted add to Joekage's post about her Viper hate.

Holy fuck. I'm reading that thread from the beginning, and some of the posters who got banned early make me wanna pull a Yoshichan on my fucking laptop.

Izuna

Banned
I glad I never touched that thread. I don't have much to say other than I dislike it when people differentiate Gender so much.

--

Anyway I've been practising more and more Makoto. OS Fukikusa's up next.

cackhyena

I guess I don't see why he was banned. None of that looked ban worthy. I actually find his comments ironic considering the other night.

Spiderjericho said:
Just watched I Got Next. Definitely an improvement over the rough cuts. Watching it now versus later, you get to see many popular players in the community, ie

Valle (before his resurgence in the community in 2010 and the start of Level Up)
Skisonic
Chris Hu (quick cameo)'
Juicebox (probably the earliest I can remember seeing him)
LI Joe (back when he was relevant)
Gootecks (Not a relevant player anymore but definitely huge in the community, this movie is the precursor to his role)
Combofiend
J.Wong (before leaving Empire)
Marn
Sabin (funny as always)
Ed Ma
Sanford Kelly (funny as he was Top 8 in SFIV and won MVC2 in 2009 but now...)
Mr. Wizard's Orange Shirt
Daigo

If you wanted to get a glimpse of the community in 2008 to early 2010, this movie gives it to you and how SFIV definitely caused a fighting-game resurgence.

We still have a ways to go after Canada Cup, but the community has definitely come a long way.

And sorry to see Timedog back to the avatar.

Sounds like I really need to watch this.

USD

Does anybody know where I can find a list of wake-up times for the entire cast. Testing something out, but it would be nice to not have to go through the entire cast manually.

USD

Okay, I found this, which is good enough:

Face Up
31f = Everyone Else
32f = Sagat, Cammy
33f = Blanka

Face Down
20f = Adon
21f = Everyone Else
22f = Blanka, Dhalsim, Vega, Sagat
26f = Hakan

But testing things out some more there are some other factors I wasn't considering.

What I was testing out was this with Fei Long:

(In the corner) HP Rekka, HP Rekka, MP Rekka, (opponent techs) Dash, Tenshin

I was testing this out a while ago, and on some characters, the only way to escape the Tenshin is hold up (or doing an instantly airborne move), backdash, do a reversal 2F (or 3F*) SPD, or do a (throw) invincible move. Or more importantly, you can't normal throw (or jab/short) Fei out of the Tenshin. Final MP (or LP) Rekka recovers 4F faster than HP does, so makes a significant difference which you use in this case.

But testing it out some more, it only works if the opponent techs on the first possible frame. There's also some other funkiness going, because Rose's wake-up time is supposed to be the same as everyone else's, but the Tenshin always whiffs, regardless of how fast the tech is. On Seth, Fei actually dashes through Seth, putting himself in the corner.

*There is some random element to it, because testing it against Hakan, sometimes Tenshin would beat reversal Oil Rocket, but most of the time it lost.

SamVimes

That's probably old, i don't think Adon wakes up this fast.
Plus you have to consider some glitches if you're testing safejumps, for example Gen has one similar to Yang's where if you don't press anything you're invulnerable for a few frames.

USD

SamVimes said:
That's probably old, i don't think Adon wakes up this fast.
Plus you have to consider some glitches if you're testing safejumps, for example Gen has one similar to Yang's where if you don't press anything you're invulnerable for a few frames.
I'm pretty sure the info is right though, it's only a frame's difference and only when face down, it used to be more than that.

Also, I edited my above post, added what I was testing.

Joekage

cHaotix8 said:
Just watched I got next. Keno's Ex girlfriend was mad cute. I wonder what happened to that guy.

He still plays, just not nearly as much. I remember him doing pretty well at a recent tournament in So Cal. I cosign on his ex girl being cute. Yo ugh, is all I have to say...

vulva said:
I'm canadian and can't wait it on hulu. Link to ex gf? :x
Sorry in advance for the creep

Just google "Teresa SF4 tournament" I'm pretty sure Karaface has a gallery from an Arcade Infinity women's tournament that she participated in.

Joekage said:
He still plays, just not nearly as much. I remember him doing pretty well at a recent tournament in So Cal. I cosign on his ex girl being cute. Yo ugh, is all I have to say...
Ex? :eek:

She was defintely easy on dem eyes.

Veal said:
Balrog has a Tyrone Biggums alt?!

Yeah, it's a mod for PC

Veal

Also, I love the self-righteousness being good at fighting games (or games in general) gives other people. I'm reading the Gouken forum on SRK, and the FlashMetroid topic is getting really stupid. So people can't discuss problems they have with a character or the way certain things work on a forum dedicated to that discussion without being labeled a scrub? It's as if people of lower skill levels shouldn't be allowed to play at all!

Venfayth

the vanille outfit for ibuki made me laugh, too :p

also - i got next was fantastic. pretty cool to get another view of these guys' live and that rivalry.

Top Bottom