• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

hey guys we're testing out our first ever stream!

twitch.tv/srkcencal

just casual matches tonight

me, Xsk Samurai, Cynistar and Nitropoint are here playing. So tune in for our very first stream.

we hope this will take off in the future. thanks guys!

EC

AZ Greg

eva01 said:
Ask Kak if he ever got his stick that he won from Marn's stick raffle.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29242523&postcount=17575

FOhuG.jpg

Vice

EraldoCoil said:
hey guys we're testing out our first ever stream!

twitch.tv/srkcencal

just casual matches tonight

me, Xsk Samurai, Cynistar and Nitropoint are here playing. So tune in for our very first stream.

we hope this will take off in the future. thanks guys!

EC

Where do you guys play at?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
-=shakes head at old man Saty=- Sometimes you just have to keep your own opinions to yourself.

SF GAF is apparently dead. Going to go Marvel for some time. It'll help me get other things done in the mean time while I host lobbies. Win-win situation!

Everybody needs to play Deadly Premonition. That game is so good. Reminds me of the better days of gaming where story and charm goes a long way. It features one of the better main characters in a game as of recent.

Gegz

Banned
Hey,

O'Gaming 2 Starting in 4 hours and a half. eLivePro|Kindevu Kumite (Vs eLivePro|Alioune, WDM Evans, LLL.MCZ Ryan Hart, V-Ryu...) + an exhibition on Kof XIII With great players.

No link for the streaming yet.

Gegz said:
Hey,

O'Gaming 2 Starting in 4 hours and a half. eLivePro|Kindevu Kumite (Vs eLivePro|Alioune, WDM Evans, LLL.MCZ Ryan Hart, V-Ryu...) + an exhibition on Kof XIII With great players.

No link for the streaming yet.
Oh my days!

sephi22

Hi Guys we are currently streaming Canada Cup 2011 Top Player training session at twitch.tv/crosscounterasia. This is our first showing and a test drive. Check it out!

Gegz

Banned
First exhibition is a fun one : eLive|KenBogard, SFIV french commentator VS Thud, SC2 french commentator.

Kumite is next.

Airan

I hope Ogaming has an archive (or overheadgreg is recording...) Gotta head out to work soon, I really really wanted to see Vryu beasting too :(

I just realized that these guys only finished Can-Cup last week. What's the average time to recover from jetlag? It must be exhausting flying around and then be expected to perform well on a pretty stressful game.

Edgeward

Airan said:
I just realized that these guys only finished Can-Cup last week. What's the average time to recover from jetlag? It must be exhausting flying around and then be expected to perform well on a pretty stressful game.

The time difference is close to what I had to adjust to coming back from the Phillipines. Took me about a week to fully go back to my normal sleep schedule and not feel fatigued, but I also had work as soon as I got back.

Rice-Eater said:
Does that mean Twitch is throwing in $1300 of their own money to sponsor the event?

They threw in $1000 for the east coast SBO quals earlier this year, so this isn't the first they threw down some cash. But yes, they are ponying up the dough for this is my understanding

jlai

Corky said:
mp oroshi - c.lk

does it have to be meaty?

Nope, so sometimes I like to do s.MP xx MP oroshi -> c.LK xx whatever on opponent's wake up since its likely they're crouch blocking. Has to be meaty for c.MP or U1 to hit though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
jlai said:
Nope, so sometimes I like to do s.MP xx MP oroshi -> c.LK xx whatever on opponent's wake up since its likely they're crouch blocking. Has to be meaty for c.MP or U1 to hit though.

awesome thanks, never thought you could just do s.MP xx mp oroshi, feels so slow.

edit : oh wait, you mean you don't combo the s.mp rather that the opponent is crouched so the oroshi hits regardless.

jlai

Corky said:
awesome thanks, never thought you could just do s.MP xx mp oroshi, feels so slow.

edit : oh wait, you mean you don't combo the s.mp rather that the opponent is crouched so the oroshi hits regardless.

It doesn't combo. It just capitalizes on people crouch blocking, similar to how balrog uses his overhead rush punch. Works well after you condition them to take the s.mp s.mp frame trap. Then there's other possibilities like s.mp karakusa reset, baiting reversals, kara forward throw, etc.

PS. jealous you're in the dota2 and d3 beta too iirc

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
jlai said:
PS. jealous you're in the dota2 and d3 beta too iirc

Get your ass here and I'd let you play both until you get tired, in return for some sf games :'(

Vice said:
Where do you guys play at?

last night we we're running the stream out of our friends room.....it's also the house we usually play at every week.

also....

Tomorrow, for any of you guys around the sacramento area, will be another NorCal Downtown Throwdown!!!

definitely try to make it out guys! the downtown throwdown events are always fun and full of good players.

Me and Xsk Samurai are heading up there together and will be there. And for the marvel players out there, our good friends of team MINE will also be there. so come say whats up and get some games in and enjoy a good tournament.

see you guys later!

-EC

Joekage

Hey guys, I know there is alot of stuff going on tonight in terms of streams, but BoomGorillas from Dallas, TX is providing a high quality stream tonight, showcasing some of our best SF players battling for bragging rights in a Top 10 format as well as a 5v5 MvC3 grudge match between Dallas and Denton, TX. As always the stream is in 720p and we would like to see as much support as you guys can give.

P.S. Unfortunately, I also have to stream monster the event, because of work.....yo ugh

But anyways, here's the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas

Going on now!

Izuna

Banned
Yo jlai, I have a bunch of PP if you want to fight me in Ranked.

--

EDIT: #1 I think is Dlieu? I've played him and he's not as good as you jlai. He doesn't glitch the game with resets. =)

Is there any archive of the Kindevu kumite? If not does anybody know how he did against everybody? I only saw him play Ryan Hart and Alioune before I had to go work. He used Seth and did very good, defeated both Ryan Hart and Alioune. I wonder why he didn't use Seth at Canada Cup? But anyways he's one of the most interesting Japanese players because he has personality and isn't afraid to show it. Hope to see more of him in the future.

Rice-Eater said:
Is there any archive of the Kindevu kumite? If not does anybody know how he did against everybody? I only saw him play Ryan Hart and Alioune before I had to go work. He used Seth and did very good, defeated both Ryan Hart and Alioune. I wonder why he didn't use Seth at Canada Cup? But anyways he's one of the most interesting Japanese players because he has personality and isn't afraid to show it. Hope to see more of him in the future.

he pretty much blew everyone up more or less free. Alioune gave him a run for his money and they both dropped some shit but overall it was just another day in the neighbourhood for him. Entertaining matches all around though

Onion_Relish said:
he pretty much blew everyone up more or less free. Alioune gave him a run for his money and they both dropped some shit but overall it was just another day in the neighbourhood for him. Entertaining matches all around though

You sure you got the right guy? From what I saw, Ryan Hart gave him a good fight. Alioune on the other hand got beaten pretty bad. Not only that but his execution with Yang was pretty bad, nothing compared to his Cammy from what I've seen of him.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
STREAMING HELP PLZ:

I'm using VHScrCap and Adobe Live Media Encoder to stream. It took way longer than it should have, but that's what you get when you're basically trolling forums for instructions.

Anyways, my stream is working fine, except Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition PC shows up as a black screen when I load it. My desktop shows perfectly, but when the game takes up the screen all you can see is black on the stream. Now I figured out why, it is because the game is full screen.

Vanilla SFIV works fine, because it is windowed, not fullscreen. AE (unlike Vanilla) doesn't have the option to be changed from full screen to windowed in the options menu.

Edit: I also used a program called "Shift Window" and that did not help either.

Another option I tried was typing "-w", "-window", or "-windowed" behind the .exe in the properties for the game. The game evidently supports does not support this, and it still shows up as full screen.

There are enough streamers on here that hopefully one of you has run into this problem and fixed it. It would fucking blow if I had to learn some new streaming programs when I already spent 7 hours on this today(mostly on audio issues which I had to overcome cause I have an ASIO sound card).

edit: I also used a program called "Shift Window" and that did not help either.

Threi

notag
remove both of those and use xsplit.

the guys who made xsplit also made vhscrcap/vhmulticam so it shouldn't be too hard to adjust.

Top Bottom