• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Threi said:
remove both of those and use xsplit.

the guys who made xsplit also made vhscrcap/vhmulticam so it shouldn't be too hard to adjust.
Again, I don't want to have to learn another program when I have this working fine other than this issue. If I can't fix this issue I might just say fuck it, I already wasted an entire day of my life on this.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Welp, just got xsplit running and that doesn't work either. Black screen when I bring up the game in my twitch stream. Obviously this must be a known problem and people must have gotten it fixed, other people are somehow able to stream this game.

Izuna

Banned
Timedog said:
x11915_good_work.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
the framerate is ass whenever I press alt+enter :(

edit: I mean the frame rate of the game itself (not the stream) changes to like 15fps. Unplayable :(. If just the stream changed to 15fps it'd be more acceptable, but I need to be able to play the game!

edit 2: I almost left my stream running (which has a webcum video of me and a video of my desktop, in HD) when I was about to fap. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

USD

Alioune said that the monitors used during the Kindevu kumite yesterday were laggy, the reason he didn't use Cammy, even though he wanted to. He beat Kindevu 9-6 (Yang vs. Seth) afterwards however on a non-laggy set-up.

Who do you guys think is going to win the Gods Garden x TwitchTV event? Only classic SF2 characters are allowed (didn't know that at first).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So, uhhh streaming?? Nobody knows? If FChamp can figure out how to stream AE PC, I figure anybody should be able to do it.

What program does he use? What program does cross counter use?

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Does anyone still play Sagat? I was trying him out because i enjoy doing crazy damage, but i'm not having much luck using F+HK as anti-air. It doesn't seem to hit anything significant, which is kind of a bummer because that one move is the whole reason i wanted to learn him.

Any advice for how i should set that up? His low fireball is so ridiculously slow on recovery that it seems impossible to F+HK people who jump over it. Is there some other way i'm supposed to bait people into jumping at Sagat?

CPS2

Majestros said:
Does anyone still play Sagat? I was trying him out because i enjoy doing crazy damage, but i'm not having much luck using F+HK as anti-air. It doesn't seem to hit anything significant, which is kind of a bummer because that one move is the whole reason i wanted to learn him.

Any advice for how i should set that up? His low fireball is so ridiculously slow on recovery that it seems impossible to F+HK people who jump over it. Is there some other way i'm supposed to bait people into jumping at Sagat?
I played sagat (badly) for a little while in vanilla, i just remember 6hk as an anti air being really rare, you pretty much have to see them jumping from the other side of the screen, and usually kara uppercut is better as a long range AA. I think it's more of a mid combo move, but someone else might know a good.way to confirm AA's with it...

CPS2 said:
I played sagat (badly) for a little while in vanilla, i just remember 6hk as an anti air being really rare, you pretty much have to see them jumping from the other side of the screen, and usually kara uppercut is better as a long range AA. I think it's more of a mid combo move, but someone else might know a good.way to confirm AA's with it...

the problem with sagat's f-hk is that some characters have a move that trades with it and the fact that there are some that beat it out right. Basically it only works as you said, when you know they are jumping. However, a really good way to do it is to go like this

go full screen or close to it, keep throwing low fireballs and letting them jump over it, then when you have trained your opponent throw a low fireball and fadc it immediately into f hk. with the right spacing they wont even see it coming and the fire ball will protect you from just about everything, you will then get a low scaling on the ultra.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
God, why are they so insane about tech questions in the NW Majors stream? What the fuck?

They're using Slash5150's xbox for the stream setup. Doesn't he post on GAF?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So it seems like in the past 6 months or so people have been talking a lot about "unblockables" in this game. I don't understand it. I don't understand how it is possible with the game system. Are they bugs? How do unblockables work?????

CPS2

Timedog said:
So it seems like in the past 6 months or so people have been talking a lot about "unblockables" in this game. I don't understand it. I don't understand how it is possible with the game system. Are they bugs? How do unblockables work?????

I think it's basically, if you hold either direction for more than 1 frame you get crossed up (doesn't matter which direction you hold) due to moving slightly. But if you block exactly on the right frame then you can block properly.

There was also the super/ultra freeze + projectile unblockable glitch that got patched out.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rob N Banks said:
There is no way this is a serious post..
Dhalsim is Ryu's worst matchup. Of course he'd beat me when he's playing as Dhalsim. Even Daigo has trouble in that matchup.

Izuna

Banned
Timedog said:

You know how your character changes stance when in blocking range of an attack? The idea is that when a attack comes from above, you blocking in one direction makes it so that the attack hits the other side.

You can actually block them, but it's a one-framer. Although I think Akuma can crouch to make it a two-framer.

Izuna

Banned
I played 37 games vs. two Sagat players as Ibuki.

Here are the final matches vs. each player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbt_SqoXCnY

vs. Tottethebreaker
- score = [14 to 1]

"He was making some great reads and jumping in was never in my favour, but he gave me too much respect so he didn't zone me out with Tiger Shots, giving me little reason to jump. In the second round of the game shown, I did some weird instant overhead."

*note: Tottethebreaker and I later played a ft3 with Ryu vs. Sagat and I got destroyed, very good at zoning.

vs. SuperMeatism
- score = [23 to 2]

"He only jumped out of the corner once in our entire set, 26 games, and I did the full SJC CD Anti-air. He gave me too much respect after that."

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
izunadono said:
I played 37 games vs. two Sagat players as Ibuki.

Here are the final matches vs. each player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbt_SqoXCnY

vs. Tottethebreaker
- score = [14 to 1]

"He was making some great reads and jumping in was never in my favour, but he gave me too much respect so he didn't zone me out with Tiger Shots, giving me little reason to jump. In the second round of the game shown, I did some weird instant overhead."

*note: Tottethebreaker and I later played a ft3 with Ryu vs. Sagat and I got destroyed, very good at zoning.

vs. SuperMeatism
- score = [23 to 2]

"He only jumped out of the corner once in our entire set, 26 games, and I did the full SJC CD Anti-air. He gave me too much respect after that."

GOT DAMN. I wanna play you.

Kadey said:
Shouldn't there be a thread for that? It's a major and apparently a lot of big names are there.

It depends really on how you define a "major", but despite the name I don't think the tourney is established enough to be considered a major. They are working hard to revive the Seattle scene but the organizers could have done a lot more to make this tourney more prominent. I know that the likes of J Wong wanted to go to this tourney, but yeah the timing of the tourney is really questionable, they seriously can't postpone it by a few weeks so that they can have UMvC3 in it?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
scytheavatar said:
It depends really on how you define a "major", but despite the name I don't think the tourney is established enough to be considered a major. They are working hard to revive the Seattle scene but the organizers could have done a lot more to make this tourney more prominent. I know that the likes of J Wong wanted to go to this tourney, but yeah the timing of the tourney is really questionable, they seriously can't postpone it by a few weeks so that they can have UMvC3 in it?

Uhhhhh, yeah dude, it's a major.

scytheavatar said:
I remember the first MvC3 major was so ass because no one knew how to play and it was really sloppy. One reason against delaying it would be that no one would know the game.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
You're on crack. Then, MVC3 was an entirely new game that nobody had really played yet. Now, UMVC3 is just a new version of a game that people have been beta testing playing for 9 months. How many people who were good during vanilla SF4 automagically became complete ass when Super dropped? You know, other than Yeb.

Lost Fragment said:
You're on crack. Then, MVC3 was an entirely new game that nobody had really played yet. Now, UMVC3 is just a new version of a game that people have been beta testing playing for 9 months. How many people who were good during vanilla SF4 automagically became complete ass when Super dropped? You know, other than Yeb.
Did you watch Max's video session with Justin, Marn, etc? It was real sloppy as old combos didn't work due to hitstun changes and float properties, and they dropped everything even with their familiar characters as a result.

If I want to see that, I'll just watch me and my friends play, lol.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
That was literally the first time many of them had even laid hands on the game. Give any of those dudes 30 minutes to mess around with their teams in training mode and they would've come up with new B&Bs and tactics.

Plus this wasn't a tournament. They were just playing the game at a friend's house. I'd assume they were just messing around with a ton of shit because it's not exactly like a lot's on the line.

vulva

_dementia said:
I'd just prefer watching high level play once they've had more time to get comfortable with the game. Different strokes I suppose.
I`d argue there`s more merit in having high level players playing now, so that their own development, style changes and so on can be more tangibly seen. Much like when you look at character play, looking at Justin's Fei Long back in Super, vs how Fei is played today.

Top Bottom