• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

zlatko said:
I have a question about newer TE sticks for you guys.

I have a TE Round 2 for SF4. It's the black one with most of the vanilla cast in the background. My problem with it is that I sweat from my hands an insane amount when playing on it, so much so that the screws in the corners have started to get the sweat on there and are now rusting/rusted up. They look gross, dirty up the stick when my hands start to sweat, and give off a horrible smell.

My question is do any of the new TE's do anything to possibly not have me run across this issue? Like are the screws better protected or placed?

I have to have a towel around to wipe off my sweaty hands, but it's too late at this point and I'll need a new one in the near future. :(
I think the bolts are cheap and generally subject to rust. You can replace them with ones from any hardware store.

rivals

_dementia said:
I think the bolts are cheap and generally subject to rust. You can replace them with ones from any hardware store.

I really should do this when I swap out my buttons next week. Also I'm fairly certain they fixed this with the new SC5 stick and they have better screws on the top panel.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What hex size and thread size are the TE bolts again? Amazone wishes they never gave me a free 6 months of Prime. I'm always getting 2 day shipping on tons of stuff that costs less than 5 bucks that I could just buy across the street at the store.

Timedog said:
What hex size and thread size are the TE bolts again? Amazone wishes they never gave me a free 6 months of Prime. I'm always getting 2 day shipping on tons of stuff that costs less than 5 bucks that I could just buy across the street at the store.
5mm

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Infiltrations AE tier list

S : Yun, Yang, Fei long

A+ : Akuma, C.Viper, Seth, Makoto, Cammy, Sagat.

A : Ryu, Ken, Gouken, Adon, Ibuki, Sakura, M.Bison(Dictator), Cody, Zangief, Rufus,
Balrog(Boxer), Guile.

B+ : Juri, Dhalsim, Chun-li, Abel, E.Honda, Oni, Evil Ryu, Rose, El Fuerte, Guy, Gen.

B : Vega(Claw), Dee Jay, Blanka, Dan, Dudley,

C : T.Hawk, Hakan.

Gouken A tier seems kinda crazy, but he'd know better than I would.

notworksafe

Conceited said:
It's AE, and Infiltration certainly made him look that way.
One person playing well does not an A tier make. Gouken has significant disadvantages that prevent him from being ranked at the tier he is in that list.

Where's Immortal to give us the Gouken bitchfest? :p

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
notworksafe said:
One person playing well does not an A tier make. Gouken has significant disadvantages that prevent him from being ranked at the tier he is in that list.

Where's Immortal to give us the Gouken bitchfest? :p

Never said it did, and I personally don't fully believe him, but he made the character look capable at the very least.

Lost Fragment said:
Ibuki is fucking retarded. Goddamn I hate that character.

But why? There are only like 2 people who are actually great with her. Iyo and Sako. In Sako's case, he usually doesn't do damage in JP tournaments with his Ibuki. It seems that more people would use her if she was retarded as you say. She also doesn't have the same momentum Viper has when doing mixups.

Vice

KidA Seven said:
But why? There are only like 2 people who are actually great with her. Iyo and Sako. In Sako's case, he usually doesn't do damage in JP tournaments with his Ibuki. It seems that more people would use her if she was retarded as you say. She also doesn't have the same momentum Viper has when doing mixups.

Because she can be a pain to play against at lower levels. Once her vortex gets going it's just annoying. Especially when she's in her schoolgirl outfit.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
KidA Seven said:
Because she's a brain-dead character with a safe, autopilot mix-up loop.

A character doesn't have to be great to be obnoxious.

vulva

Threi said:
because mash low strong buffered into neckbreaker (omg im so good at teh footsies!) into standard kunai mixup is far more effective than it should be.
block low against her. problem solved.

zlatko

Banned
I have a problem with the replacing of the screws. One of them is basically a giant hole in the top and every screwdriver I've tried no longer twists this one. I basically can't open up my TE from the top and have to go from the bottom where the four smaller screws take off the plate.

Do the new SC5 sticks really fix the rusting issue with the top screws? My hands reek right now from playing UMvC3... ugh.

vulva

zlatko said:
I have a problem with the replacing of the screws. One of them is basically a giant hole in the top and every screwdriver I've tried no longer twists this one. I basically can't open up my TE from the top and have to go from the bottom where the four smaller screws take off the plate.

Do the new SC5 sticks really fix the rusting issue with the top screws? My hands reek right now from playing UMvC3... ugh.
When you remove from the bottom, are you able to view the top screws' bases? If so, can you twist them from there to force them off the top?

zlatko

Banned
vulva said:
When you remove from the bottom, are you able to view the top screws' bases? If so, can you twist them from there to force them off the top?

Oooh not sure, but I wager you are right that this is possible.

5mm screws right gang?

vulva

zlatko said:
Oooh not sure, but I wager you are right that this is possible.

5mm screws right gang?
yeah, hopefully that way works. I honestly have no idea if they're accessible that way, but can't hurt to try, right?

DjangoReinhardt said:
Because she's a brain-dead character with a safe, autopilot mix-up loop.

The mix up is not autopilot. You do the same thing and it will get blocked every time. There is the kunai mix up that is done from up close and far, which you time so that you can get it to hit from whichever side you want. There is the lk mixup. There is the dash mix up. Well, you get the point. And it's not safe, you have to time it just like every other character has to time their jump ins. Every mix-up character has their options after a knockdown. I don't see what makes Ibuki so different from them. Just watch Gootecks. He is an example of your autopilot ibuki and he gets owned all the time.

If there was a character that was brain-dead and had a safe, autopilot mix-up loop, it wouldn't be hard to become good with her. Not only that, but the skill gap between the noob and pro wouldn't be that big of a skill gap. That just isn't true.

zlatko

Banned
vulva said:
yeah, hopefully that way works. I honestly have no idea if they're accessible that way, but can't hurt to try, right?

Just tried, no dice. From the bottom would only let you tinker with the gate, but there is a giant plastic barrier not letting you fuck with anything else that can't be moved or anything.

Only real way in is from the top, and that's not an option.

:(

notworksafe

lol vortex not autopilot. it's just the same exact shit on every character and only requires button press execution to pull it off, not any kind of brain power other than switching up your setup once in a while.

notworksafe said:
lol vortex not autopilot. it's just the same exact shit on every character and only requires button press execution to pull it off, not any kind of brain power other than switching up your setup once in a while.

Can't you say the same for a lot of other characters?

notworksafe

A lot? Nah. I can think of Wiper, and that's about it. Other characters have brain dead setups, yes. Few are as consistently the same as an Ibuki or Viper. They don't require knowledge of the other character's setups, just the ability to mash out the same old shit.

EDIT: Beef predicted my response. Goddamit. >:|

Izuna

Banned
haha, people are hating on a C-tier character

--

let me elaborate. It's so easy to escape Ibuki's Vortex that, once you do and know how Ibuki players are only looking for block-stun i.e. safe-jump set-up (where she gets way less advantage that most characters anyway).

yeah it's ambiguous, but if you're Ryu just mash HP DP for example

vulva

zlatko said:
Just tried, no dice. From the bottom would only let you tinker with the gate, but there is a giant plastic barrier not letting you fuck with anything else that can't be moved or anything.

Only real way in is from the top, and that's not an option.

:(
could you use grips to force it open by gripping the sides of the rusted over screw?

Robot Pants

Ok, bros. Need your help.
My second SE stick finally just broke. I don't abuse it, I don't mash like crazy, it just finally died in the classic Mad Catz product style. (Seriously how did this company get the license for these things? They've always been shit). My SE was cool cause it was cheap and I just modded it with a sanwa stick and buttons. But this second stick just had the HK button completely die on me months ago. I had to switch around the god damn wires just to get the main 6 buttons to work, at the cost of losing the PPP and the KKK buttons. Oh well.
But now the joystick doesn't read the left input so I think it's time to put her down.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about moving onto the TE. Problem is, I refuse to pay 100 dollars for it. I've already spent...almost 100 on my last two sticks, paying another 150 for the TE just isn't an option for me. So the question is, anyone know where to get TE stick for cheap?
If not I'll just have to try and get ANOTHER SE and mod it and probably deal with the same shit again. Who knows.

izunadono said:
Okay fair enough, but Ibuki's Vortex doesn't even work on 23/40 given up to 1-bar, where just less than half of these do damage to Ibuki if she tries. You can't hate on Ibuki for whatever reason, but the Kunai Vortex is very overrated.
I don't even use vortex because I never wanted to rely on a gimmick that is easily escaped by most of the cast and puts you at risk if they do.

Top Bottom