• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Imm0rt4l

Conceited said:
Infiltrations AE tier list

S : Yun, Yang, Fei long

A+ : Akuma, C.Viper, Seth, Makoto, Cammy, Sagat.

A : Ryu, Ken, Gouken, Adon, Ibuki, Sakura, M.Bison(Dictator), Cody, Zangief, Rufus,
Balrog(Boxer), Guile.

B+ : Juri, Dhalsim, Chun-li, Abel, E.Honda, Oni, Evil Ryu, Rose, El Fuerte, Guy, Gen.

B : Vega(Claw), Dee Jay, Blanka, Dan, Dudley,

C : T.Hawk, Hakan.

Gouken A tier seems kinda crazy, but he'd know better than I would.

Infiltration smoking that blue meth

notworksafe said:
One person playing well does not an A tier make. Gouken has significant disadvantages that prevent him from being ranked at the tier he is in that list.

Where's Immortal to give us the Gouken bitchfest? :p

lttp, I attribute this to not being motivated to play this shitty game, in part because gouken is trash.

In related news, flash metroid put up a contest to see which character would be the next that he learns to play and streams how he goes about learning the character. Gouken won. Flash was legitimately angry that he has to learn gouken, he wanted to learn hakan.

http://www.twitch.tv/flashmetroid/b/300172207

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Robot Pants said:
Ok, bros. Need your help.
My second SE stick finally just broke. I don't abuse it, I don't mash like crazy, it just finally died in the classic Mad Catz product style. (Seriously how did this company get the license for these things? They've always been shit). My SE was cool cause it was cheap and I just modded it with a sanwa stick and buttons. But this second stick just had the HK button completely die on me months ago. I had to switch around the god damn wires just to get the main 6 buttons to work, at the cost of losing the PPP and the KKK buttons. Oh well.
But now the joystick doesn't read the left input so I think it's time to put her down.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about moving onto the TE. Problem is, I refuse to pay 100 dollars for it. I've already spent...almost 100 on my last two sticks, paying another 150 for the TE just isn't an option for me. So the question is, anyone know where to get TE stick for cheap?
If not I'll just have to try and get ANOTHER SE and mod it and probably deal with the same shit again. Who knows.

The initial SE FightStick had some issues which we've addressed. While we can't go back and recall all of them; we do stand by our product and will help replace/warranty your product if you are not satisfied with it. Please contact our tech support team via phone and I'll make sure you get some help with your SE stick issue.

We have made some pretty big changes to improve upon the SE FightStick. I'm not sure how close you follow our products, but with each new iteration of the SE FightStick we've made sure to fix issues that we have come across in the past. First we released the Tatsunoko VS. Capcom FightStick for the Wii which had different parts.

The parts in the TVC sticks were engineered from the ground up and we are proud with how they work/feel for not being Sanwa/Seimitsu parts. I feel they are a good middleground that remains competitive with any stock arcade stick. While that's on the Wii, we also ported that same mentality to our latest line of SE sticks in the WWE All Stars BrawlStick (which you can find for as cheap as $59 or less at GameStop stores that still carry them).

As far as a TE deal for $100 or below. Good luck trying to find one for that; we don't plan on blowing them out or offering insane deals like we did last year. We often have 10% off deals and free shipping codes. I'd suggest waiting for that.

Izuna

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
lol...........

Ryu is airborne on the second frame. It will make him juggle so Ibuki can't do the same Okizeme. it's also impossible to react to this so Ibuki would have to commit to either doing an unsafe special (Raida/Kazegiri), or st.HK which doesn't give you the same knockdown.

If Ibuki messes her timing up by a single frame, Ryu will hit the Kunai and auto-correct on Ibuki. When I play other Ibuki players I switch to Ryu.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00l2Wxde-cg&feature=related (this link is right to the point) - other characters that can do this are Rufus, Sagat... and everyone with a good backdash. This makes her main Vortex more to do with j.LK/j.MK cross-ups. But the problem is that because Ibuki must use j.LK, she doesn' even get a block-string afterwards.

rCIZZLE

Anybody looking for someone to play with on ps3? I'm in the process of trying to learn a few different characters so it'd be perfect if someone else was doing the same. We could be moving training dumbie partners.

Vice said:
I just bought my first stick today. Let's see how this goes, I should get it Saturday or Monday.

Get an interesting stick? Or did you go with the trusty TE?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Uryo gives his preliminary 2012 tier list:

Top Tier: Akuma, Seth, Abel, Makoto, Dictator, Boxer, Claw, Sagat, Guile, Rufus, Sakura, Cammy, Adon, Viper, Fei-Long, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, Juri, Ken

Mid Tier: Honda, Blanka, Gen, Evil-Ryu, Oni, Ryu, Yun, Yang, Ibuki

Low Tier: Zangief, El Fuerte, Gouken, Rose, Dan, T-Hawk, Deejay, Guy, Dudley, Hakan

Note: Cody seems to be missing from the list.

http://hsiensf.blogspot.com/2011/11/uryos-ae-2012-tier-ranking-prediction.html

Venfayth

Juri top-tier? :)

FSE has so much potential already through resets and its getting BUFFED! Hope to see some high-level stuff from her!

cHaotix8

narcosis219 said:
Dudley has received 0 nerfs and 100% buffs in AE and 2012 and he's still shit tier. =(

Dudley got nerfed from Super to AE. They took away St. Rh xx duck counter hit combo for some reason but they're giving it back in 2012. yey.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MIMIC said:
WTF. Wasn't Zangief considered top tier in AE?

Yes but now they nerfed the twins, so I guess that automatically brings down gief. Don't ask me why.

Threi

notag
narcosis219 said:
Dudley has received 0 nerfs and 100% buffs in AE and 2012 and he's still shit tier. =(
DeeJay got the longest list of changes out of all chars from Super to AE, is getting nothing but buffs again, and is still (presumably) low tier.

I know that feel bro

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
They should just make Deejay so he always has at least one super bar, then he'd be good.
Justin.Tv_Kappa.png

Lost Fragment said:
Uryo gives his preliminary 2012 tier list:

My predictions for top 5 for 2012 were Akuma, Abel, Sagat, Dictator and Makoto, so I'm close. What throws me off though are the placements for the shotos, Sim and Guile.

rCIZZLE

I think it's hard to put characters like Zangief, T-Hawk, and Gouken in shit tier since when they do hit they hit like trucks.

rCIZZLE

Conceited said:
That doesn't really matter in very high level play.

I think it matters at any level really. So many times I saw a Ryu or Sim keep someone like Zangief out most of the match to end up losing over ~10 seconds. There have been a lot of Giefs and lately Hawks wrecking shit.

rCIZZLE said:
I think it's hard to put characters like Zangief, T-Hawk, and Gouken in shit tier since when they do hit they hit like trucks.
They can hit as hard as they want, but it doesn't mean anything if they can't get in or have poor wakeup options.

Vice said:
Of course it does, it's why Gief has been floating around the top ten in every version of SFIV.
That's not the reason why Gief was so high. In Vanilla, his Lariat beat everything, or traded at worst, and did ridiculous damage for no effort. In Super it was taken away, but he still had his oki game and his green palm shenanigans. And now in AE, they buffed his LP Piledriver for god only knows what reason. He's always had extremely good tools, not just high damage.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Vice said:
Of course it does, it's why Gief has been floating around the top ten in every version of SFIV.

Yet T.hawk (who has similar damage output) is bottom tier. That is not how tiers work.

Sim-Gief is 7-3 Sim and it would remain that way (or drop to 6-4) even if Sim had 600hp, because if you utilize Sims options correctly you should never get grabbed (or even touched) by Gief. Damage output has very little to do with tiers.

Vice

Conceited said:
Yet T.hawk (who has similar damage output) is bottom tier. That is not how tiers work.

Sim-Gief is 7-3 Sim and it would remain that way (or drop to 6-4) even if Sim had 600hp, because if you utilize Sims options correctly you should never get grabbed (or even touched) by Gief. Damage output has very little to do with tiers.

T.Hawk doesn't have as many tools to avoid zoning the way Gief does. But without his massive damage Zangief would be a nearly worthless character.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Vice said:
T.Hawk doesn't have as many tools to avoid zoning the way Gief does.

Thats precisely the point, tools/options>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>damage. So Gouken and T.Hawk being bottom tier makes sense, which is what the guys point was originally.

Vice

Conceited said:
Thats precisely the point, tools/options>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>damage. So Gouken and T.Hawk being bottom tier makes sense, which is what the guys point was originally.

But if he lower damage witht he same tools he'd be a little higher than Hakan's level.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have new stream technology. I will be able to stream both PSN and LIVE lobbies at the same time. Still trying to figure out some stuff.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know how Sentinel gets blown up by overhead pressure? T. Hawk does too.

It doesn't really matter how much damage his moves do.

Top Bottom