• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

BadWolf

Great grand final

Tokido lost to Viper, as expected. I'm sure Kindevu picked her because he knows Tokido and Mago don't do well against her. Daigo took her out pretty easily though, getting rid of the problem for Mago. Mago takes care of the rest, RF's Sagat was so free it was sad.

I think there are fun times ahead with Daigo's Akuma, glad he went with the kick Ultra.

Great grand final

Tokido lost to Viper, as expected. I'm sure Kindevu picked her because he knows Tokido and Mago don't do well against her. Daigo took her out pretty easily though, getting rid of the problem for Mago. Mago takes care of the rest, RF's Sagat was so free it was sad.

I think there are fun times ahead with Daigo's Akuma, glad he went with the kick Ultra.

That wasn't RF on Kindevu's team. That was Nyanshi.

yeb

So, would anyone be interested in playing around with a 2012 mod I made for the PC version? I added almost all the balance adjustments that have been announced for 2012.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3uebyc

The biggest issues:
Health/stun changes: They involve modifying the .exe, which shouldn't be done.
Juri: FSE changes, probably the biggest thing I left out.
Hakan: He does get oil at the start of the round, but he also gets it mid-round if he stands perfectly still for 2.5 seconds. Shouldn't be an issue in matches, considering it's faster to do HK oil. I also didn't make his oil dives fly over the opponent, because I couldn't find a way to do it without changing the trajectory.

Smaller things I didn't change:
Chun: The "bug where characters fell out of the Ultra 1 juggle in Arcade Edition." I'm just not familiar with it.
Cody: Blocking during the knife pickup animation.
El Fuerte: s.HP xx Run sweep whiffing
Gen: Glitch where he receives extra counterhit damage during crane c.HP.
Makoto: Charged Hayate because no one cares.
Oni: EX DP causes an untechable knockdown at any point, not just off the first hit.

That's about it. Everything else should be in there and working properly. I obviously had far too much fun playing with the moveset editor.

cHaotix8

So, would anyone be interested in playing around with a 2012 mod I made for the PC version? I added almost all the balance adjustments that have been announced for 2012.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3cxn7

The biggest issues:
Hakan: He does get oil at the start of the round, but he also gets it mid-round if he stands perfectly still for 2.5 seconds. Shouldn't be an issue in matches, considering it's faster to do HK oil. I also didn't make his oil dives fly over the opponent, because I couldn't find a way to do it without changing the trajectory.

Chun: The "bug where characters fell out of the Ultra 1 juggle in Arcade Edition." I'm just not familiar with it.
Oni: EX DP causes an untechable knockdown at any point, not just off the first hit.

That's about it. Everything else should be in there and working properly. I obviously had far too much fun playing with the moveset editor.

Thanks for posting this up man. Obviously, things like walk speed and hitboxes wouldn't be as accurate as Capcom's final build but I'll assume everything in your build is a best case scenario.

I messed with Dudley, Cody and Cammy for about an hour and a half. Obviously Yeb isn't working with an exact build but it's close enough for you to get an idea of what 2012 will be like.

With Dudley the most significant change would be to his cr mk, which actually feels noticeably faster. Counter-hit RH. trap is good to have back, but the timing to hit a jab or another RH after an empty duck seems way tighter than it was in Super. Either way, it's a good tool to have and I'm glad he has it again.

Rose FADC seems pretty useless outside of beating focus xx backdash and armor command grabs. I tested for a long time against Balrog's EX dash punches and the tracking on the rose isn't good enough to hit them consistently. The hit stun on the rose itself is horrible and will actually leave you negative if you hit an opponent with a meaty attack first and rose second. You have to hit with the rose first then your meaty normal if you want to actually net anything.

The Ultra I change is kind of meh as well. It's still doesn't punish Chun backdash but I guess it should catch focuses and armor attacks easier? The first 5 punches come out really fast.

The changes to short swing blow aren't even noticeable. And with HP Jet Upper I could punish Makoto's EX Hayate at all ranges except full screen. Still doesn't punish Balrog dash straight though. If Dudley's changes only amount to this then I think he's still going to be pretty bad. What he really needs is hitbox adjustments on his normals and focus and maybe a frame shaved off of his forward dash. I've still got my fingers crossed that they're adding some last minute changes.

As far as Cody goes, his forward walk speed seems much faster, which mean his pressure is going to be even scarier. His backwards seem doesn't seem as dramatic but I'm sure anything is better than what he was. He should be a pretty decent threat with all these changes.

Cammy is much better now that she has her old SA back because now she actually gets a good setup for landing a combo (Meaty divekick/ambiguous crossup pressure). Then you factor in that all of her combos now do more damage due to the second hit of RH SA. The only thing I have to complain about is that you still can't FADC the second hit of SA unless you're at a specific range, which is fairly close. This will probably remain a mystery until the real build comes out. Personally, I'm hoping I'll be able to FADC at the last minute if I drop a combo, seeing as how you'll eat an ultra if you can't. Spin knuckle start up is still way too slow to be useful.

haha guess that ends my rant. :p

Joekage

Thanks for posting this up man. Obviously, things like walk speed and hitboxes wouldn't be as accurate as Capcom's final build but I'll assume everything in your build is a best case scenario.

I messed with Dudley, Cody and Cammy for about an hour and a half. Obviously Yeb isn't working with an exact build but it's close enough for you to get an idea of what 2012 will be like.

With Dudley the most significant change would be to his cr mk, which actually feels noticeably faster. Counter-hit RH. trap is good to have back, but the timing to hit a jab or another RH after an empty duck seems way tighter than it was in Super. Either way, it's a good tool to have and I'm glad he has it again.

Rose FADC seems pretty useless outside of beating focus xx backdash and armor command grabs. I tested for a long time against Balrog's EX dash punches and the tracking on the rose isn't good enough to hit them consistently. The hit stun on the rose itself is horrible and will actually leave you negative if you hit an opponent with a meaty attack first and rose second. You have to hit with the rose first then your meaty normal if you want to actually net anything.

The Ultra I change is kind of meh as well. It's still doesn't punish Chun backdash but I guess it should catch focuses and armor attacks easier? The first 5 punches come out really fast.

The changes to short swing blow aren't even noticeable. And with HP Jet Upper I could punish Makoto's EX Hayate at all ranges except full screen. Still doesn't punish Balrog dash straight though. If Dudley's changes only amount to this then I think he's still going to be pretty bad. What he really needs is hitbox adjustments on his normals and focus and maybe a frame shaved off of his forward dash. I've still got my fingers crossed that they're adding some last minute changes.

As far as Cody goes, his forward walk speed seems much faster, which mean his pressure is going to be even scarier. His backwards seem doesn't seem as dramatic but I'm sure anything is better than what he was. He's should be a pretty decent threat with all these changes.

Cammy is much better now that she has her old SA back because now she actually gets a good setup for landing a combo (Meaty divekick/ambiguous crossup pressure). Then you factor in that all of her combos now do more damage due to the second hit of RH SA. The only thing I have to complain about is that you still can't FADC the second hit of SA unless you're at a specific range, which is fairly close. This will probably remain a mystery until the real build comes out. Personally, I'm hoping I'll be able to FADC at the last minute if I drop a combo, seeing as how you'll eat an ultra if you can't. Spin knuckle start up is still way too slow to be useful.

haha guess that ends my rant. :p

Yes sir! We in there. Cody's back walkspeed is the most important improvement to his footsie game so I'm anxious to see just how much it really has changed officially. Forward walkspeed buff is very welcome though. Look forward to applying pressure without having to push myself back to the point where the opponent gains a neutral standpoint.

Yeah but the walkspeed increase is yebs guess. We havent really seen it in action. But yeah almost any walkspeed buff is gonna make him better.

vulva

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o3cxn7

The biggest issues:

I'll check it out, as for the Chun ultra animation thing, this is what they're referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v9weMs0v_Q&feature=related

yeb

Thanks for the feedback. Did Cammy's spiral arrow work differently in Super? An FADC window is exactly the kind of thing I could have overlooked.

Cody's walk speed was more than a random guess though. I moved both his forwards and backwards walk speed up one tier (see this post), I basically copied and pasted Ken's walk speed... but that means his backwards walk speed should have been very noticeable. Now I just realized a glitch that I kept running into with movement properties got me with Cody, and the backwards walk speed change didn't actually stick. >_<

Oh well, problems like this were inevitable, I'll make a quick update later tonight.

I'll check it out, as for the Chun ultra animation thing, this is what they're referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v9weMs0v_Q&feature=related
Hah, I'll take a look at that too.

vulva

Thanks for the feedback. Did Cammy's spiral arrow work differently in Super? An FADC window is exactly the kind of thing I could have overlooked.

Cody's walk speed was more than a random guess though. I moved both his forwards and backwards walk speed up one tier (see this post), I basically copied and pasted Ken's walk speed... but that means his backwards walk speed should have been very noticeable. Now I just realized a glitch that I kept running into with movement properties got me with Cody, and the backwards walk speed change didn't actually stick. >_<

Oh well, problems like this were inevitable, I'll make a quick update later tonight.

Hah, I'll take a look at that too.

I almost only play Chun and her changes were pretty minimal. That said, it's kind of neat seeing ex legs juggle slightly better. It's lead to some very impractical combo opportunities with ultra 2 that I would have never cared to even think of before haha.

Thanks for doing this, by the way, kind of fun to add in some new dimensions to playing theory fighter while waiting.

yeb

Man, that Cody walk speed issue was really annoying. When I originally did it, I looked at various characters to make sure everyone in a given tier really was the same, found a location test video with Cody walking back and forth (1:14), and put in both his new speeds, but only the forward speed saved. When I tested it, his forward walk speed was noticeably better and his backwards walk speed was still pretty slow in comparison, just like the video. It didn't take me long to become aware of that bug, so it hopefully it didn't affect anything else.

After trying it again now, a full tier increase looked too fast for his backwards speed. It's a huge gap between those tiers, so I put him in between at 0.025. I also fixed the Cammy spiral arrow FADC. No idea what's going on with Chun vs. Rose though, it looks like it's just a hitbox issue but that didn't fix it.

Anyway, updated the link.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Wait, Yeb, why did you spend time making those changes when 2012 is out in like 3 weeks? Just for programming/game design practice or something?

yeb

It was more like... taking it apart to see how it worked, I guess. I started with a few characters just to play at local casual sessions, but I was having fun so I kept going. I happen to enjoy things that are challenging and complicated. *cough*Gen*cough*

gutabo

It was more like... taking it apart to see how it worked, I guess. I started with a few characters just to play at local casual sessions, but I was having fun so I kept going. I happen to enjoy things that are challenging and complicated. *cough*Gen*cough*
Nice work Yeb! Will try your mods at a friend's place later!

BTW, is there a mod somewhere to be able to see the hitboxes like in those leaked vids from super? Thanks in advance!

cHaotix8

Just checked the new patch, that walk back speed coupled with his low short is going to be pretty nice for Cody. He's got a lot of good tools now. One thing I noticed when I was testing out bad spray FADC is that it would sometimes get counter-hit by Cammy's close strong. lawl reversal.

Cammy Spiral Arrow changes makes it feel like it was back in Super. Hopefully it'll be the same way in the Capcom build. Thanks again for taking note of these issues Yeb, even though you didn't have to. :p

Can I install that shit on steam PC version? Is it easy to uninstall for when real 2012 comes out?

Yeah, it's pretty much just a folder swap. I imagine the update will just replace all of the modified files when it comes out.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Packed my shit and visited yoshichan for a couple of days, we played some SF and it was bananas. Sweden SF-GAF should definitely have gettogethers and play some games.

Izuna

Banned
I won 54 matches in AE, and lost 1. My win-streak reached 50 but because I had to keep restarted the scores as I was beating Seth, I couldn't get a picture of it.

Okay so, this is what happens when I play at the Arcades, everytime:

387611_10150393021122819_709122818_8566802_1667353492_n.jpg

What you are seeing here is everyone playing at the cabinet that isn't linked to me. After jumping off the cabinet you see me on to beat the Juri player (my new SF buddies I made that day wanted me to beat him 'cause he had a 9 win-streak). After losing 4 times, he switched cabinets again to play against the computer.

Anyway this is all in spite of me retiring from SF4. What a way to go out, right?

Izuna

Banned
It was pretty dull until some sort of peak time where there was about 10-15 heads. None of the guys that go WSO, at least I don't think so. Only lasted about an hour though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I think the final dev changelog is being released 11/30

Ryu better get some some hitbox buffs on normals, old damage back on EX tatsu, bigger "behind" hitbox on srk, neutral jump mk crosses up, or trade into ultra (since Sagat still has that bullshit).

Thanks for giving us a sneak peak at AE 2K12 Yeb. I played around with my main(Evil Ryu) quite a bit and I think his mix up game is going to be much better now that he has a couple new ways to land hard knockdowns. You have to give up some damage, but being able to combo into HK axe kick from st. MP, allows you to keep the dive kick pressure going. Where as before, you got one dive kick combo and your opponent was free unless you attempted a mix up instead of finishing with a special. He's still not top tier, but I think AE 2K12 Evil Ryu will definitely be a strong character. But I'm still crossing my fingers for more buffs, especially the return of sweep being a 6 frame start up.

rivals

Went to a tourney here on Saturday and went 2-2 in that order. 3rd match I was against probably the best Yun in CA (Julio from the NCR shit), and I made some dumb mistakes that I'm not used to getting called out for against him (used the same frame trap twice, he raw ultra'd me the third time). The 4th match I just played terribly, was too exhausted to focus because it was a long fucking day. Kinda wish I played better that match because I think I could've won it but oh well. It's the best I've done in a tournament so far so I'm not too upset with it.

eissan

Good Ish. That strong counter hit or meaty combo was great at the end.

gj farms! enjoyed your match at the end against joe haha I said it was GG the moment he went to ryu :D.

also, teknique-san is a whiny girl! he uses herpaderp mak and then he wants feilong nerfed(the finals between farms and joe he was saying a bunch of different nerfs he'd put in for fei)! seriously play a real character(not sim :p)!!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
gj farms! enjoyed your match at the end against joe haha I said it was GG the moment he went to ryu :D.

also, teknique-san is a whiny girl! he uses herpaderp mak and then he wants feilong nerfed(the finals between farms and joe he was saying a bunch of different nerfs he'd put in for fei)! seriously play a real character(not sim :p)!!

To be fair, Fei/Mak is a 7-3 easy. But yea.

Did you mess around with Dudley's U1? IIRC i read something about air hits and U1. I have PC version but I'm too busy with Skyrim to do the mod :p

cHaotix8

Did you mess around with Dudley's U1? IIRC i read something about air hits and U1. I have PC version but I'm too busy with Skyrim to do the mod :p

Looks like the first 5 hits come out faster. I still get the full ultra on EX Psycho crusher but I haven't done much experimenting outside of that.

Top Bottom