• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Looks like the first 5 hits come out faster. I still get the full ultra on EX Psycho crusher but I haven't done much experimenting outside of that.

I should have made it clearer; does it have juggle properties?

i.e. use it like U2 for juggles. If it's just some anti-air thing then it means jack shit =/

cHaotix8

I should have made it clearer; does it have juggle properties?

i.e. use it like U2 for juggles. If it's just some anti-air thing then it means jack shit =/

Nope it doesn't juggle off of anything. No EX SSB xx FADC, No DP, No cr. RH and no EX MGB juggles. I know in early builds of Super Dudley used to be able to get EX SSB xx FADC Ultra 1. It'll be interesting to see what the final build looks like, assuming he gets anything else.

USD

If you guys didn't know yet, Kayane is now part of eLive. I love eLive's artist.

FB4Bo.jpg

In Yeb's version, Evil Ryu can do DP, FADC, fully charged Ultra. In some cases you will get full ultra, especially if you hit with a up close DP or do it in the corner. But if you combo it from st. HP while not in the corner, you won't get the animation. The thing is it does more damage without the animation because with the animation your opponent will not take all the hits. But currently DP, FADC, U1 with Evil Ryu equals 377 damage. If you can charge full U1 and still hit your opponent in AE 2K12, it's 406 with the animation and 423 without. A pretty nice buff if you ask me so I really hope the actual AE 2012 works the same as Yeb's version.

Nope it doesn't juggle off of anything. No EX SSB xx FADC, No DP, No cr. RH and no EX MGB juggles. I know in early builds of Super Dudley used to be able to get EX SSB xx FADC Ultra 1. It'll be interesting to see what the final build looks like, assuming he gets anything else.

So basically, we get to see him hit the dead opponent a few times during the KO screen. =/ That and a bit of AA and backdash OS that doesn't get full anim. great.

yeb

It actually can juggle off the EX MGB at the very least, the timing's just really difficult. They specifically said only the second hit and onwards would hit against airborne opponents, so that's what I went for.
In Yeb's version, Evil Ryu can do DP, FADC, fully charged Ultra. In some cases you will get full ultra, especially if you hit with a up close DP or do it in the corner. But if you combo it from st. HP while not in the corner, you won't get the animation. The thing is it does more damage without the animation because with the animation your opponent will not take all the hits. But currently DP, FADC, U1 with Evil Ryu equals 377 damage. If you can charge full U1 and still hit your opponent in AE 2K12, it's 406 with the animation and 423 without. A pretty nice buff if you ask me so I really hope the actual AE 2012 works the same as Yeb's version.
That's surprising, I was only going for the fully charged ultra off a FA2 crumple, it's fun seeing how unintended consequences like this can develop.

That's surprising, I was only going for the fully charged ultra off a FA2 crumple, it's fun seeing how unintended consequences like this can develop.

I knew the charge time was shortened so the first thing I wanted to do was see if I could land fully charged U1 from DP FADC and jumping MP. Another thing about Evil Ryu, I mentioned this in the thread at SRK, but I might as well do this to. If you decide to do another update, make Evil Ryu's air tatsu the same as Ryu. He has the same change and it was mentioned in the dev blog.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/08/25/dev_blog:_ssfiv:_ae_2012_rebalancing_details_(part_3)

Vice

I actually never played vs a mak before, care to explain the matchup for me?

IIRC, Fei can control the entire pace of the match. I think his attacks beat out nearly all of Makoto's, aside from some EX moves. She has a few solid punishes though and a few moves that trade at an advantage(I think.)

cHaotix8

It actually can juggle off the EX MGB at the very least, the timing's just really difficult. They specifically said only the second hit and onwards would hit against airborne opponents, so that's what I went for.

Yeah, I didn't know it had to be the second hit. I got it to juggle off of EX MGB and Cr. RH but the damage isn't even worth mentioning. I only got two hits of the first Five. Cr. RH > Ultra I was 156 damage.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I actually never played vs a mak before, care to explain the matchup for me?

She has to have some kind of presence from mid range to be able to do well, and Fei controls that space so well that it's really hard for her to get anything going. That combined with her poor wakeup options and Fei's gdlk corner carry and pressure options makes it a really rough match. Probably her worst match, and it doesn't seem like it'll change that much in 2012.

But she can punish any blocked 2nd rekka with U1 at least.

Yeah, I didn't know it had to be the second hit. I got it to juggle off of EX MGB and Cr. RH but the damage isn't even worth mentioning. I only got two hits of the first Five. Cr. RH > Ultra I was 156 damage.

The first 5 are supposed to be 45 dmg each at 100% so if it fully juggles it should be 45*4 + the last hit which I don't know off the top of my head. Sounds to be on par w/ U2 which would be ideal. Can use against fireballs/shotos outside of reading fireballs/sweeps.

Hopefully in 2012 it will somehow guarantee those hits and make it almost as good as U2. Hopefully. Then again, giving dudley useful buffs is something Capcom don't like to do (except EX duck <3)

Airan

Been playing with Sak a bit, got a question: given that both U1 and U2 can combo off Ex Tatsu, what are the advantages/disadvantages to both?

Top Bottom