• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So gaf poll time, should I play :

a) Seth

or

b) Makoto

Remember this is as important, if not more important than Dog v Space.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ryan Hart's Oni mix ups are cool.

How is Oni's normals? From when I played him for like 2 hours, seemed like they had really good priority, but slow startup. Does that sound about correct?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Energizer Lithium is sponsoring Dreamhack and there are less than 1,000 viewers and probably less than 500 in attendance.

Call them up and tell them to sponsor tournaments here where you get 10k viewers for better advertising. Get some fucking money into this shit.

Energizer Lithium is sponsoring Dreamhack and there are less than 1,000 viewers and probably less than 500 in attendance.

Call them up and tell them to sponsor tournaments here where you get 10k viewers for better advertising. Get some fucking money into this shit.

Listen to this wise man.

vulva

going to a local tournament today. Last night I was feeling myself while practicing on PC online, but today I'm getting a bit worried. We'll see =\.

USD

Shoutouts to our button-mashing heroes (I was like, "lol wut" when the announcer said that), Good job Infiltration on taking it from Loser's.

cHaotix8

For those that are interested, if Dudley's 2012 rose works how it does in Yeb's build, you can get back throw > Rose xx FADC > low short > Ultra/Forward MK/Crouching Medium punch combos. That's pretty much a full punish combo off a hit confirmed low at the expense of two bars. Thing is though, I'm not sure you'll be able to get the same damage off of an overhead because of how crappy the recovery is on it. I'll probably mess with it a bit more when sometime next week when I'm done with this school load and see what else I can come up with. Though I'd still rather have better normals than more damage, since you could do the same amount of damage with those two bars using EX duck combos but whatever.

For those that are interested, if Dudley's 2012 rose works how it does in Yeb's build, you can get back throw > Rose xx FADC > low short > Ultra/Forward MK/Crouching Medium punch combos. That's pretty much a full punish combo off a hit confirmed low at the expense of two bars. Thing is though, I'm not sure you'll be able to get the same damage off of an overhead because of how crappy the recovery is on it. I'll probably mess with it a bit more when sometime next week when I'm done with this school load and see what else I can come up with. Though I'd still rather have better normals than more damage, since you could do the same amount of damage with those two bars using EX duck combos but whatever.

Rose is overhead? or is the timing such that it adds another hit so you can link ultra to it?

cHaotix8

Rose is overhead? or is the timing such that it adds another hit so you can link ultra to it?

Rose hit's mid but yeah, it adds another "hit" as in it adds hit/blockstun but doesn't count in the combo. If they're not blocking low or using a reversal, they'll get hit by the meatly low short, then the rose will hit them extending the combo. After that you can link directly into ultra or any other normal for a big combo. Low short recovers fast enough for this to work but I'm not sure if it will work with overhead. I'd spend more time testing it out but I'm already procrastinating enough by posting on Gaf instead of finishing my homework haha.

vulva

Went 2 -2. Lost to jsmaster on stream pretty free. Then against a ryu that I should have beat. Oh well. Team tournament next

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Awesome. Something to watch while everybody is knocked out.

So like, is Daigo and all the big names confirmed?

I'm really awaiting 2012. Surrounded by all these new games, it's still the only game I really care about.

Dreamhack is proof that fighting games still have a long ways to go. So many ignorant opinions being thrown around from those who have no clue what the FGC and fighting games themselves are about.

Dreamhack is proof that fighting games still have a long ways to go. So many ignorant opinions being thrown around from those who have no clue what the FGC and fighting games themselves are about.
I only checked out the Quake Live stuff, what happened with SF4?

Top Bottom