• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Hey guys, frame data help.

Dudley can do LP > LPMGB > LP > LPMGB >...

According to frame data:

LP
Startup 3
Active 2

LP MGB
On Hit +2

Let me try to plot this out starting with the MGB hit stun:

MGB finishes hitting

Frame 1: LP startup 1
Frame 2: LP startup 2 Hitstun gone
Frame 3: LP startup 3
Frame 4: LP active 1

How is it able to link? Am I reading this wrong? There are 2 frames before LP active 1 happens.

Taking c.HP > s.HK which is known to be a 1 frame link as an example:

s.HK
Startup 4
Active 3

c.HP
On Hit 4

c.HP finishes hitting

Frame 1: s.HK startup 1
Frame 2: s.HK startup 2
Frame 3: s.HK startup 3
Frame 4: s.HK startup 4 Hitstun Gone
Frame 5: s.HK active 1

Going by this example, that 1 frame link occurs 1 frame after hitstun is gone. Either way you look at it, the LP>LPMGB link makes no sense because it has 2 frames of a gap in there.

Can someone explain this to me

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well my older cabs use a CRT. Not sure about the new ones.

I've read that the old Capcom cabs like mine (CPS2 era) actually do have a slight lag of 4 ms. But something that small is basically unnoticeable.
It's more like 2-4 frames of inherent lag depending on the system and game. Console SF4 has 6 frames of inherent lag.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
My laptop is back, and now I don't have to feel like an outcast with SSFIV and Marvel videos and streams anymore!

I stumbled onto the team battle with Daigo's first go with Akuma on Saturday, and comboing into U2 off of c.MK blew my mind - the skill to do it off of standing HP already is one thing, and then he goes and does that.

And just from the first round of this match, I guess there's an option select for U2 cause he caught him on backdash, hot damn Daigo!

I stumbled onto the team battle with Daigo's first go with Akuma on Saturday, and comboing into U2 off of c.MK blew my mind - the skill to do it off of standing HP already is one thing, and then he goes and does that.

And just from the first round of this match, I guess there's an option select for U2 cause he caught him on backdash, hot damn Daigo!

Obviously Daigo is Daigo. But his current style doesn't seem to lend itself to the vortex and offense might of Go/Akumi. It's probably why Kazunoko (sp) is a better Yun, it fits his playing style and the way he plays the character it shows.

He's moving on the ground back and forth, doing footsies and occasionally sprinkling in demon flips/ambigous crossups. Whereas an Infiltration or Tokido, while still using defense, are confusing and blowing up the opponent.

I also think his execution is incredible with the jab to roundhouse links or the combos into U2.

I think a few months of 2012 and he'll probably be the best Akuma.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Obviously Daigo is Daigo. But his current style doesn't seem to lend itself to the vortex and offense might of Go/Akumi. It's probably why Kazunoko (sp) is a better Yun, it fits his playing style and the way he plays the character it shows.

He's moving on the ground back and forth, doing footsies and occasionally sprinkling in demon flips/ambigous crossups. Whereas an Infiltration or Tokido, while still using defense, are confusing and blowing up the opponent.

I also think his execution is incredible with the jab to roundhouse links or the combos into U2.

Yep, he's got such a nasty, different Akuma, but you can see that he's still feeling him out - and yeah, ditto on the LP to c.HK, making that link come out every time like a robot, and yet another thing I don't see other Akumas do.

Good news for Fuerte players.

Get hype for the final change list.

I'm happy, but I learned to stop holding my breath about things like this a long time ago.

But I'm happy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I bet Fuerte does 20% extra damage specifically against Yun.

Imm0rt4l

Well Seth is looking at the finalized list right now, and it would be pretty hard to troll and get away with it when the list is releasing on the 30th.

yea, but he said Sagat was strong to a group of players in NY as they were about to play a build of ssf4 in which sagat was still a shell of his former self. In any case I hope fuerte wasn't given anything annoying.

SamVimes

He plays him almost exactly how Momochi played him, and for that he was my favourite Akuma.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I can somehow understand the hate for blanka, on low-mid lvl play he is one of those characters that can win just by doing normals and the occasional special attack.

but...BUT!

El fuerte, is the worst thing.....ever...and the worst thing is that it feels 10x more horrible getting beat by some scrub fuerte than it its by someone who lands RSF as if it was a one button press for the entire chain.

I can somehow understand the hate for blanka, on low-mid lvl play he is one of those characters that can win just by doing normals and the occasional special attack.

but...BUT!

El fuerte, is the worst thing.....ever...and the worst thing is that it feels 10x more horrible getting beat by some scrub fuerte than it its by someone who lands RSF as if it was a one button press for the entire chain.

I hate both characters but my hate for Blanka dates back to the SF2 days so he's over El Fuerte by default. And since I only play Shoto's my hate for Blanka is more magnified since he was able to spam his moves against those characters for free(well not quite, but you get what I mean) through out most of the SF4 series. Thankfully that has changed with AE and now AE 2012. That long grueling set I had against the Belgian Blanka player from yesterday just further reminded me how much I can't stand that character.

Corky

You're having a kid? congrats!

He is actually adopting me.

baby_blanka_by_master1ufqi.jpg

Corky

All the 3s chars, Guy, and Adon are more annoying to fight than blanka.

Alright, it's time for listwarz :

Blanka is the threshold of those who are more annoying to play against ( above him ) and those that aren't as annoying to play against ( below him ). This list is not up for debate. Note : this is assuming the character is being played by someone who has more than half a brain ( for example, a Gen who knows nothing is obviously not annoying).

Ordered by most annoying to least annoying

AE Team Short bus - In a fucking league of their own
Cammy
Bison
Deejay
Thawk
Gen
Fuerte
Sakura
Juri
Adon
Rufus
Fei

Rest of the cast
Viper
Chun
Yun
Ibuki
Guile
Dhalsim
Abel
Guy
Honda
Makoto
Seth
---Blanka--
Rose
Hakan
Cody
Yang
Zangief
Ken
Akuma
Gouken
E.Ryu
Ryu
Dudley
Dan
Sagat
Oni
Balrog

Are there any bad matchups that people like playing? Personally, I love the Sagat matchup even if it's a nightmare for Hawk to get around the tiger shots.

MIMIC

Banned
Are there any bad matchups that people like playing? Personally, I love the Sagat matchup even if it's a nightmare for Hawk to get around the tiger shots.

As Fuerte, the only one I REALLY hate is Yun. SO MUCH BULLSHIT is at his disposal. Bison/Honda/Blanka/Balrog, I enjoy the challenge that the match-up presents. It's always so rewarding when you win ^_^

EDIT: Totally misread the question. So I guess my answer would be Bison, Honda, Blanka and Balrog.

Wiseblade

As Fuerte, the only one I REALLY hate is Yun. SO MUCH BULLSHIT is at his disposal. Bison/Honda/Blanka/Balrog, I enjoy the challenge that the match-up presents. It's always so rewarding when you win ^_^

EDIT: Totally misread the question. So I guess my answer would be Bison, Honda, Blanka and Balrog.

A definitely agree with you on the Honda matchup. That one in particular can be really fun. Balrog matches are cool too, if only because of how satisfying it feels to bait out a wakeup dash punch and punish with Ultra.

rivals

Bison's bad matchups are almost all of the extremely annoying kind. The only one of those I find at least interesting is vs Fei.

As Fei I have a really hard time with that matchup. I don't know any Bisons so I've played the matchup probably less than 10 times and haven't had a chance to really figure it out. I tend to get caught in the scissor pressure and can't find a good way out (and by that I mean I get impatient and do stupid shit because pushing buttons is fun).

Top Bottom