• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Looks like cody's changes are basically the same. The only changes i see is that they took away his jump jab buff and gave him a jump strong buff.

Also any character can be dangerous in the right hands, including juri. Dee jay needs that knee drop, without it he's a much worse character.

gutabo

Honda's back. Being used to anti air with headbutt since SF2, and then not being able to do so was bad for me. Anyway I'll be back!

Momochi am cry?

He's already using the current version of Cody. Why would he cry if Cody only got better?

As for Yun, Yang, and Fei. I don't play these characters and have no idea how to use them so I don't know how these nerfs really effect them. It wasn't like Vanilla Sagat who mainly lost damage(I know about st. LK and TK trap as well). Apparently these guys lost more then that and I'm interested in seeing how much easier it'll be to play against them. Between them Yun was the only one I really hated. So if he's toned down then I'm pretty happy about that.

Threi

notag
i'd like to hear what bottom five would be as well (always getting left out)

Deejay was dumb in super. or do you forget knee drop hell? you had to have a good reversal or guess right to get out.

ST or SSF4? The latter makes no sense considering his knee shot didn't change, he did far less damage and had far worse tools in that version, and knee shot is easily stuffed on reaction by certain normals (it's NOT a dive kick), and if it was the former IIRC knee shot wasn't used much (if at all) in ST.

XenoRaven

Happy with Chun changes. Nice to see HK SBK might actually be used for something. Though that new cl HP xx HK SBK combo is kind of meaningless if you can do Legs loop. I like seeing the sweep stun is back and it looks like the changes to cr. short and EX Legs make her more lame, so hooray for that. Now cr. short xx EX Legs > U2 is truly braindead. U2 shouldn't whiff when you do EX Legs at max distance anymore. It will make comboing into U1 in the corner more consistent too.

Can't wait until this drops! I'm fine with the sim changes. I'll make the most out of them. Looking forward to putting in work on a solid secondary, too...

jlai

i'd like to hear what bottom five would be as well (always getting left out)

ST or SSF4? The latter makes no sense considering his knee shot didn't change, he did far less damage and had far worse tools in that version, and knee shot is easily stuffed on reaction by certain normals (it's NOT a dive kick), and if it was the former IIRC knee shot wasn't used much (if at all) in ST.

Your new avatar throws me off

Imm0rt4l

smh, haven't played much ae lately, but played a really good akuma who beasted me 2 matches and left.

Then I fought some yun, who beat me by the skin of his teeth, I felt compelled to go in since he was taunting but whatever. I chose fei long the next match and bodied him something fierce, it was fast, match took probably a little over a minute. I choose ryu, barely lose and he sends me a message "you can only win with fei". Next match I toe-tag his ass with ibuki, on some herp derp, you can't escape my vortex shit. He kicks me, and I send him a message that "December 13th can't come soon enough". Now I remember why I took a break from this game.

Axis

You're all on crack, Cody has been hella buffed. easily top 10

not so much. considering his wakeup is still ass-tier and no one's seen how fast his walkspeed buff is yet...cody will be a good character but easily top 10? not so sure about that one

Joekage

You're all on crack, Cody has been hella buffed. easily top 10

Hit Cody with an untechable knockdown, safe jump or meaty him on wakeup. Watch as they crumble.

Don't get me wrong though. My whole mission is to show people how good Cody is, I look forward to showing why he can be a top character. I just don't believe his toolset even with the patch is solely enough to put him in top 10. Think that solely depends on the person using that toolset. Hopefully Momochi won't steal my thunder this time. Haha.

On a side note: I would drop all other buffs besides the walkspeed buff if Cody had a decent backdash and forward roundhouse was actually airborne. Still mad that wasn't addressed but it's all good

Hit Cody with an untechable knockdown, safe jump or meaty him on wakeup. Watch as they crumble.

Funny that you say that, I just had a semi-long set with a Cody player who kept coming back to play me in Ranked on XBL. He's the better player and has better execution, but I was able to go back and forth with him because he wasn't punishing me for doing cr. MK, LK axe kick. He only kept trying to punish the recovery but not the special cancel.

The other thing is when I knocked him down, my dive kick mix ups were taking away chunks of his life. If I were playing Ryu, I don't think I would have done nearly as well. But since I was using Evil Ryu I escaped a lot of stuff with my teleport and have some mix ups on wake up that he(and most people) just aren't familiar with so I was able to punish him hard whenever I landed a throw.

cHaotix8

On a side note: I would drop all other buffs besides the walkspeed buff if Cody had a decent backdash and forward roundhouse was actually airborne. Still mad that wasn't addressed but it's all good

That'd be dumb!

I see Cody just outside of top 10. Rog, Akuma, Bison, Sagat, Viper, Cammy, Makoto, Seth, Ken and Rufus will all be better than him.

USD

If anyone wants to know the official blog (JP) lists what exactly was changed from the last location test:

BLANKA
-Jungle Wheel (back throw) has one additional frame of recovery (in order to prevent an unblockable set-up)

ROSE
-EX Soul Spiral does 120 damage (up from 100)

HAKAN
-K follow-up to Oil Slide gives 30 meter, the oil lasts for 450F

YAN
-Raishin Mahaken (UC1) damage back to AE value (480)
-Tenshin Senkyutai (UC2) damage back to AE value (440) with the full cinematic

ONI
-Air Shun Goku Satsu damage to 350 (from 320) ground version is still 370
-When done during Zanku Hadosho (air dash), EX Air Tatsumaki has 3F less land recovery (now 22F)

If anyone wants to know the official blog (JP) lists what exactly was changed from the last location test:

YAN
-Raishin Mahaken (UC1) damage back to AE value (480)
-Tenshin Senkyutai (UC2) damage back to AE value (440) with the full cinematic

pretty happy about that, I really felt they took too much away from Yang. I'm a Sagat player at the matchup was about to get way too easy.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Don't let "low tier" discourage you. Cammy isnt Dan tier or even close so it's still possible to be competitive. Just be prepped to learn matchups and not have many (if any) advantages. Take it from Rose.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Don't let "low tier" discourage you. Cammy isnt Dan tier or even close so it's still possible to be competitive. Just be prepped to learn matchups and not have many (if any) advantages. Take it from Rose.

I remember the days when makoto-tier was the dan-tier.

Top Bottom