• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

As Fei I have a really hard time with that matchup. I don't know any Bisons so I've played the matchup probably less than 10 times and haven't had a chance to really figure it out. I tend to get caught in the scissor pressure and can't find a good way out (and by that I mean I get impatient and do stupid shit because pushing buttons is fun).

heh and that is exactly what Bison wants you to do. Fei's normals almost all beat Bison's hitbox wise and lp rekka might as well be treated as a normal on its own.

Imm0rt4l

- "Gouken's counter can no longer be broken, and he loses less grey health when activated."

tumblr_lr2m4tTara1qkhy3e.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I can't recall that Tortilla Propeller spin was totally invincible from the first to 13th frame in any 2012 changelog, so if this is what Seth was talking about, it really was a good change after all, nice.

Oh, and unless they took some things back that they announced earlier, some things are missing, like Dee Jay being able to combo his super into U1.

Thank you for getting rid of that stupid counter-hit mess for Dee Jay with Air Slasher, and thank you for returning Honda's Jab Headbutt to its former glory!

Welps, no further changes for Evil Ryu. Which I'm somewhat disappointed with but I can easily live with it as I've been playing Yeb's version a lot to prepare for it and I think he's good enough the way he is. Still would have liked a couple more changes but like I said, I can live with it. I really don't think the charge time for Metsu Hadoken is as short as Yeb's version so I better stop getting use to it unless somehow it turns out to be true.

I haven't read all the changes. Did anybody get better or worse since the last update?

Wiseblade

S.Kill got me excited over a wall bounce? All that really leads to is guac since you can't do a super after an EX move. The other changes are great, although I wish they'd have give Ultra Spark it old startup back.

Oni has 1000 health now?

Also, aside from the cr.hk buffs and the down-forward lp change, Hawk's changes are as meh as I expected.

Yeah Oni has a lot of other problems other than his health. It helps a bit but his mobility and pokes are pretty bad.

Changed damage motion when hitting crouching opponents, making it easier to land
a hit when canceling a special or other move from a Gankauchi.

I am hoping that means TC2 will work on crouchers now. I can't tell you how annoying that is that it doesn't.

Gen is all buffed, but we already know this.

I never really used Medium or Heavy version of Gekiro, not since Vanilla anyways. The buffs on that is good, too bad there is no change on weak version.

EX Roll attack seems to get buffs all around, but I only use it from getting out of fireball traps and such.

Crane's Cr. Roundhouse with + active frame is good for me.

Gen is still not going to be high tier because he is kinda free on wake up still.

MIMIC

Banned
S.Kill got me excited over a wall bounce? All that really leads to is guac since you can't do a super after an EX move. The other changes are great, although I wish they'd have give Ultra Spark it old startup back.

*reads Fuerte changes*

2hX2h.gif

Hmmm...they fixed the RSF slide glitch. I guess that's a plus

EDIT: Oh wow, they killed Viper. The EX Hammer loses its throw invincibility.

Correct me if I am wrong but hp tk can be cancelled as well.

Yes it can be(and it's harder from what I hear), but I'm talking about it using it as a reversal. Like in those situations where you hit her in air to air encounters and you want to go for a throw or a low attack but then you have to worry about reversals EX seismo or HP TK. At least now they're both unsafe in there own way.

Threi

notag
Are there any bad matchups that people like playing? Personally, I love the Sagat matchup even if it's a nightmare for Hawk to get around the tiger shots.

I love fighting guiles. And despite how I hate how easy things are on their end (and how little they have to think to win), fighting bisons are kinda fun.

Top Bottom