• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
What? She isn't dan-tier now?

coulda fooled me.

oh_you_re_masturbatiof9ffc.jpg

With that health nerf she might as well be OMGGG!11!!1"

cHaotix8

lol, Cammy isn't low tier and the spiral arrow buff is actually a really big change (mixup off of knockdown and consistent hitconfirm). The only thing I would have asked for was a throw range increase, but even then she has a kara throw with far mk that gives her a decent enough range. I even talked to Justin about her after I played his in a set at SB, the only matchups she has that are very troublesome are some of the charge characters bison/rog and fei.

Robot Pants

Tiers lists, whatever. You are all no match for the glory that is the Tanden Engine. All your data will prove useful.

.......So my picks are:
Zangief, Sagat, Viper, Cody, Makoto.

Axis

lol, Cammy isn't low tier and the spiral arrow buff is actually a really big change (mixup off of knockdown and consistent hitconfirm). The only thing I would have asked for was a throw range increase, but even then she has a kara throw with far mk that gives her a decent enough range. I even talked to Justin about her after I played his in a set at SB, the only matchups she has that are very troublesome are some of the charge characters bison/rog and fei.

cammy's definitely not low tier...the fact we're getting back SSF4 oki timing and setups with the spiral arrow is fucking great. slight disagreement, tho...her throw range(really bad) is fine where it is because of her walkspeed(2nd best in the game?). i think it fits her well as it stands...i also don't think she loses to bison since she has tools to deal with everything he can do and can hard punish bison's mistakes

Imm0rt4l

cammy's definitely not low tier...the fact we're getting back SSF4 oki timing and setups with the spiral arrow is fucking great. slight disagreement, tho...her throw range(really bad) is fine where it is because of her walkspeed(2nd best in the game?). i think it fits her well as it stands...i also don't think she loses to bison since she has tools to deal with everything he can do and can hard punish bison's mistakes

I agree with this.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Fuck that's just terrible. He was a great Rose player and a hell of a nice guy.

I just saw him a couple weeks ago. I havent been to the 8 bit sessions in a while and he was there. Definitely a cool guy, introverted but a nice dude. RIP.

cHaotix8

That doesn't really mean anything though. She has the worst throw range in the game hands down. No one in the top 3 walk speed tiers have bad throw ranges. In the four game set I played against him, not once did Justin get me with a frame trap, and that's because I'm aware of how ass her throw range is. What makes Cody good is his above average throw range, combined with his kara throw and normals that push him forward, he becomes much more of a threat up close. Cammy didn't need this in any version prior to AE because she had TKCS. Now she has to rely on meter to provide that same threat.

And I kinda co-sign on the Bison thing, but I always get conflicting opinions. I feel like most Bison's I play don't know the match-up that well though.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
That doesn't really mean anything though. She has the worst throw range in the game hands down. No one in the top 3 walk speed tiers have bad throw ranges. In the four game set I played against him, not once did Justin get me with a frame trap, and that's because I'm aware of how ass her throw range is. What makes Cody good is his above average throw range, combined with his kara throw and normals that push him forward, he becomes much more of a threat up close. Cammy didn't need this in any version prior to AE because she had TKCS. Now she has to rely on meter to provide that same threat.

And I kinda co-sign on the Bison thing, but I always get conflicting opinions. I feel like most Bison's I play don't know the match-up that well though.

That's how Street Fighter is supposed to work. Characters are supposed to have weaknesses that balance out their strengths. It wouldn't take a whole ton of additional range on Cammy's throw to make her absolutely stupid. She's still better than (conservatively) half of the cast without the meterless low-risk/high-reward, brain-dead method to open up characters that she had in Super.

Axis

fair point, but...after two c.lp's i can slightly move forward and grab(barely noticeable movement)...i get an easy frametrap setup off of it with c.lp c.lp c.fp to blow that up after executing it a few times(and leads into ultra on CH) and i truly think people aren't utilizing her frame traps completely yet. they work really well off of xup lk because of how close it leaves you(i also don't see enough damage maximization off of xup lk but that's another story lol). i also really like c.lp c.lp far mp, far hp ^_^ it's all in how you set your opponents up

Axis

haha, I'd say Cammy's weakness is the inability to get in without meter and no way to build it but whatevs.

agreed on the meter building part but c.mk xx arrow is good at whiff punishing and getting a knockdown for the opening needed to get in

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hopefully the game becomes active again. Kinda tired of the randomness and nonsense in Marvel. It's fun for a minute.

I finally finally finally after so long am satisfied with the quality of my stream. It cannot possibly look any better now. It looks and runs exactly like it should on a Kuro. Now I just need that producer badge.

vulva

Hopefully the game becomes active again. Kinda tired of the randomness and nonsense in Marvel. It's fun for a minute.

I finally finally finally after so long am satisfied with the quality of my stream. It cannot possibly look any better now. It looks and runs exactly like it should on a Kuro. Now I just need that producer badge.

start streaming PC

Vice

I'm out of touch. What into what?

There's soul satellite from most anything with +5 but you can now FADC from EX soul spark into Illusion Spark, apparently. It seems like it just cements U1 as Rose's ultra of choice against fireball characters for the most part. Then again I

iplaywinner said:
featuring heavy hitters such as EG Ricky Ortiz, coL. CC. Filipino Champ, Crackfiend, Lamerboi, Mr Naps and more!

That means Evil Ryu, yeah baby. I think he's high mid tier now, so I hope to see Naps do even better and for more of a Evil Ryu bandwagon to develop. the E. Ryu forums are so lonely, we could use some new blood.

XenoRaven

So is there some kind of trick to linking Gen's st.mp after hands? I can't do that shit for the life of me :(
I know next to nothing about Gen, but can you cancel hands into hands like you can with Chun's legs? Like in order to do Chun's legs loop you have to do cr. HP xx HK Legs xx MK Legs. MK legs gives you the frame advantage you need to link the next cr. HP. It doesn't look like a cancel, but you will see her legs slow down a bit halfway through. You just have to tap MK 3x after you've activated HK legs. Not sure if it works the same for Gen. Just something to try I guess.

MIMIC

Banned
I played against Rose, beat her and her Ultra orbs were still spinning around her. LOL, does this happen often?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Mago and Tokido do, or at least used to.

Not sure about Momochi and Fuudo.

Wouldn't surprise me about Tokido, dude plays every game. And As for Mago, I originally heard of him through CvS2, so I guess it wouldn't be a stretch.

Top Bottom