• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Imm0rt4l

I think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Also, did you guys not expect this? This happened from super to AE as well.

Kobe Bryant! For 3! It's good! And the lakers take the game!!! Oh wait, kobe, that doesn't count, since you were in the corner and there's less than 2 minutes left. Kobe, "wtf? that wasn't in the rule list update with the handchecks over the summer???" Stern, "teehee...sometimes its better for the players to find out on their own hehehehe."

Not the biggest deal to me, since SF4 isn't exactly the most respected competitive game/hobby in the world, but if it ever hopes to be, then this is something capcom absolutely cannot do.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah that sucks about the unlisted changes. I think it's mostly a cultural thing that Capcom Japan just doesn't understand. They probably think they're doing a good thing by making it "exciting" to find new changes for ourselves.

So anyway

2012のまことの調整について感じることはかなり強くなったなーという印象。後ろ投げのフレーム変わって逆に起き攻め強化だし、セビ割りなどからヒット確認でコンボにいけるターゲットコンボ、そして最大溜め疾風が思いのほか強かった。ちょっと溜めれば出せるEX疾風の強化版みたいな感じ。

【まことネタ2012】後ろ投げからの前ダッシュ垂直ジャンプで起き上がりが通常タイプへの4F詐欺は間違いない。1F起き上がりが遅いキャラにはちゃんとスカってくれたので。

From Shrio. Can anyone translate?

gutabo

From Shrio. Can anyone translate?
Say thanks to google translate!
Adjustment of feeling that I had swallowed a pretty strong impression 2012. It happened in reverse and reinforce aggressive changes throw back frame, go to combo with a combo sure hit the target from Seville assignment, Gale is surprisingly strong and the largest reservoir. Gale felt like an enhanced version of EX 出Seru be a little 溜Mere.

4F to the type of fraud usually get up in front of the dash from a vertical jump after throwing doubt neta [2012] Makoto. The characters are slow so I got up 1F What ska fine.

AZ Greg

I like the idea of leaving some things for the players to discover. I dont see the big deal.

Seriously.

I can't believe people are upset over this. Then again, I don't get the people who get enjoyment out of the game when they just x-copy combos, setups, etc... from top players and don't try and discover anything on their own.

broz0rs

In regards to the hidden changes, some of the biggest whiners are people who are in the scene but aren't competitive players. Check out the tweets from Fubarduck and UltraDavid and man, you'd think their livelihood are at stake by the way they are reacting.

In regards to the hidden changes, some of the biggest whiners are people who are in the scene but aren't competitive players. Check out the tweets from Fubarduck and UltraDavid and man, you'd think their livelihood are at stake by the way they are reacting.

You don't have to be a competitive player to be angry at Capcom intentionally hiding things from a "complete change log."

His forward is very slight but noticeable but the backwards looks exactly the same. To be honest thats what i was expecting, a very slight buff. Juri got a bigger speed buff then that from what it looks like. Knife buffs are neat.

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, I just realized you could toggle between normal and "elite" in the Boss, Newcomers, Alpha etc. channels.

*WTF does "elite" mean?*

*Presses play and up comes a match between Tokido and Daigo*

^_^

EDIT: Heh, currently watching a fellow Gaffer get his ass whooped in the elite channel. =p

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
What were you people like in 1992 when CE came out?

I was picking Bison. Unless you had money to burn and unlimited free time, trying to test stuff in a crowded arcade where it was every man for himself was not a great idea. The "community" was nothing like it is today. Hell, you were lucky if someone would tell you the correct input for a move if you asked.

It boggles my mind that people defend Capcom's archaic nonsense. Who benefits from this? Who is asking for them to disclose less information? If it's such a great idea, why don't the more successful competitive games do it to this extent as well?

Capcom has spent the last 20 years demonstrating that they have almost the most myopic view of the competitive scene possible. Street Fighter had a massive headstart on StarCraft and is way more accessible, but is nowhere near as popular. What has Capcom done to convince people that they deserve the benefit of the doubt on this stuff?

Imm0rt4l

No one is defending capcom, just saying it's not something to get your panties in a bunch over. Is it something to be annoyed about? Yea(ok not really...), but they've been doing this for a while now, why act brand new now? It's really not even that big of a deal, you'll know the differences after you've played it extensively. I don't understand feeling of entitlement.

vulva

Question to the people outraged about the 'hidden' changes. Would you be more upset or less upset if Capcom just said "balance change coming", left it at that and let people figure this stuff out for themselves?

Besides, regardless of knowledge on these buffs and nerfs, it's still going to take people the same amount of time to actually put these changes in to motion. It's not like theory fighter has ever proven to be 100% accurate.

Joekage

I don't care if Cody's walkspeed is .000001 percent faster. I'll be happy.But to be honest, Realized at the end of the day, that right now I'm using him to effectively place top in tournaments locally and that the cause of my shortcomings aren't the character but moreso myself and my application of his moveset.

Buffs are great and make me excited for the new game but I'm not gonna cry any moar and blame my character who in the grand scheme of things is already tournament viable.(Shoutouts to Momochi)

I am very happy at the change to MK ruffian though. I can't tell you how many times I've legitimately used it to punish a Focus attack or just as a combo ender against characters like Fei Long and Zangief and just completely whiffed through their entire hitbox. Glad Capcom noticed and hopefully fixed that.

notworksafe

Blizzard releases some of the most comprehensive patch notes I've ever seen with their WoW stuff, and even they don't put everything in the notes. If they don't do it....not sure what company will. It'll be okay. Just take a deep breath and read SRK a week after the patch comes out on console. It'll all be revealed.

I don't care if Cody's walkspeed is .000001 percent faster. I'll be happy.But to be honest, Realized at the end of the day, that right now I'm using him to effectively place top in tournaments locally and that the cause of my shortcomings aren't the character but moreso myself and my application of his moveset.

Buffs are great and make me excited for the new game but I'm not gonna cry any moar and blame my character who in the grand scheme of things is already tournament viable.(Shoutouts to Momochi)

I am very happy at the change to MK ruffian though. I can't tell you how many times I've legitimately used it to punish a Focus attack or just as a combo ender against characters like Fei Long and Zangief and just completely whiffed through their entire hitbox. Glad Capcom noticed and hopefully fixed that.

The mk ruffian buff is my favorite buff lol. It always annoyed me that the hitbox ended at his ankle.

Question to the people outraged about the 'hidden' changes. Would you be more upset or less upset if Capcom just said "balance change coming", left it at that and let people figure this stuff out for themselves?

Besides, regardless of knowledge on these buffs and nerfs, it's still going to take people the same amount of time to actually put these changes in to motion. It's not like theory fighter has ever proven to be 100% accurate.

The combination of Seth teasing it on twitter (before admitting that he doesn't necessarily agree with it) and Capcom hiding things from a "complete" changelog are what annoy me. It's up to them if they want to reveal things, but don't lie to people at the same time.

vulva

The combination of Seth teasing it on twitter (before admitting that he doesn't necessarily agree with it) and Capcom hiding things from a "complete" changelog are what annoy me. It's up to them if they want to reveal things, but don't lie to people at the same time.

I agree it's annoying, in the same way that someone stopping in an aisle at a store is. Extremely mildly. Certainly not worth caring about for more than a moment.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
So the Grand Finals of the first American AE2012 tournament was Rufus (Ricky Ortiz) vs Evil Ryu (Mr. Naps), and Ricky took it. Not surprised that Ricky made it but I was a little surprised Naps did, great tournament regardless.

Ricky played very well in the finals. Props to Mr. Naps for bodying everyone save Ricky.

I'm happy to see him do well with Evil Ryu but he's just scratching the surface of what he's capable of. The character has some mix ups, gimmicks, combos into hard knockdown and Naps wasn't utilizing any of this. I was kind of frustrated watching because I think at certain times it would have been a good idea to try this or that. But he stuck with fundamentals and I think some of it has to do with him just now knowing what works. For example two of the best situations to start a dive kick mix up with Evil Ryu is forward and back throw, whenever Naps landed a forward throw he went for a dive kick, but when he landed back throws he didn't.

He's just scratching the surface right now so I hope he can keep it up and do some new stuff as well as the stuff that's been there since day one.

Top Bottom