• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Then why can I play with people who have an Xbox Live account then?

I mean if they did that then why not just combine the online lobbies for both of them?

Few games have cross platform play like that. I can only think of the Lost Planet Colonies Edition, Shadowrun, and Blazblue Calamity Trigger as games that share lobbies between PC and Xbox 360

Does it really take that long to just code in the lobbies of Xbox Live?

I'm guessing there would be synchronization issues with PC and 360s. PC is fragmented and with a framerate based game, there will be problems synchronizing the frames when the framerate won't be guaranteed on both clients.

Or something.

Any word on when the update drops? I think AE dropped at 6AM EST from what I can remember. Would it be fair to say AE 2012 also becomes available at the same time?

AE was released at 5am like a lot of xbla stuff.

I remembered it being really early in the morning because a friend and I stayed up all night to download it and played a few matches as well. I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow morning. It's my routine anyways since I work 2nd, stay up all night, and sleep in the morning. I probably should have mentioned that I meant the Xbox version though. I didn't get the PS3 version until a week later.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Slightly OT but did anyone stop getting email notifications for when streams go live at Twitch recently? I stopped getting them this Saturday and they haven't returned yet.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Slightly OT but did anyone stop getting email notifications for when streams go live at Twitch recently? I stopped getting them this Saturday and they haven't returned yet.
PM Mr Jared about it. He is the TwitchtTV community manager.

Does it really take that long to just code in the lobbies of Xbox Live?
Its more about having two paltforms developed on parity and QA Certification.
PC + <Insert your game platform of choice> adds a lot of work for the QA.

Its not worth it.

eissan

Compiled some match statistics with Zhi, Lynaken and Baka Oro (french blog).

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/...icks-ryu-fuudo-hits-matchup-trouble/#comments

SO Daigo is back to ryu ?! good for him :) with the new changes I guess made Ryu good enough for him again. Really surprised to see him beating on a fei 4-0! I can also take a guess that whenever he plays ryu's bad match ups, specifically sim he will switch to yun just because that match up is soo damn free :D. I wish I could have 1/10 his skill so I could do the same but I am too scrubby ...

Lothars

I am watching the Canada Cup International Tournament and wow I am surprised at how well jozhear did, It is crazy to watch but I love watching AE and can't wait for AE 2012 and more tournaments for that.

I am watching the Canada Cup International Tournament and wow I am surprised at how well jozhear did, It is crazy to watch but I love watching AE and can't wait for AE 2012 and more tournaments for that.

jozhear did amazing, but you have to remember that nobody on the europe team knew the vega matchup. There are 0.5 good vegas in all of europe lol.

alstein

Great article. I wonder if some of this stuff is why I've kinda grown tired of the FGC. I've never really been part of that demographic. Not trying to sound like a snob here, but there are some folks even locally who come off in ways I've never really liked.

I wonder if the Euro scene is the same way, or if it varies by country.

Satyamdas

Banned
I'm calling out Saty. My Yun vs your Sim.
Q2Ut2.png

Only thing I cry is tears of laughter at how freeeeeeeeeee you are Freelix!

saty, renta, time to make the most of dem Sim changes. Hard knock down on blast? No more negative edge blasts? I'll take that shit. I hope st.LP is decent, too.

UMvC3 is gonna have me messed up hopping back on AE, though.

Satyamdas

Banned
I dunno, man. I'm happy about those changes, but we are still fucked when it comes to damage. Champ tweeted about 2012 Sim after that tourney last week:

FChamp said:
fchampryan Ryan Ramirez
Dhalsims Overall damage in 2012 is the same ......

fchampryan Ryan Ramirez
Is abel gonna be the new 8-2??

fchampryan Ryan Ramirez
6-4's akuma , vega , bison , gouken , yang , rufus , blanka , adon , chunli , juri

fchampryan Ryan Ramirez
7-3's viper , makoto , yun , cammy , elfuerte , feilong , seth , ibuki

Even though I respect Champ's opinion like crazy I doubt those are all set in stone, but it's about what I expect. We will still get mauled by the usual suspects :(

Even though I respect Champ's opinion like crazy I doubt those are all set in stone, but it's about what I expect. We will still get mauled by the usual suspects :(

My opinion is that Champ over exaggerates sim's strengths. So if Viper is 7-3 for him, then it's actually worse than that.

Satyamdas

Banned
My opinion is that Champ over exaggerates sim's strengths. So if Viper is 7-3 for him, then it's actually worse than that.
I'd have agreed with this a while back, but he's gotten a lot better at rating Sim's matches lately. He said that Viper/Sim was a 5-5 or slightly in Sim's favor during Super, but that was mostly trolling and stroking his own ego since he was doing so well vs. Crizzle for a while. AE fucked Sim so hard that he was forced to admit how bad his matchups got since the results were in plain view. In Super the matchups were still tough but Sim had that extra damage and Champ was good enough to make them look closer than they actually were so he was prone to exaggerate how well Sim did.

Rice-Eater said:
Those numbers are in reverse. Those 7-3's and 6-4's are suppose to be his opinion of Dhalsim's bad match ups. Still I think he exaggerates how bad some of those match ups are.
lol, no.

Top Bottom