• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

I think I found a hidden buff. In AE I would never do Evil Ryu's cr. LP into cl. HP link because it was a 1 framer and I couldn't do that consistently. I've been doing it over and over in the training room with probably 80+% consistency. It has to be a 2 frame link because there is no way I should be able to do this when I never could before. Either his cl. HP is a 4 frame start up or his cr. LP is +6 on hit.

Vice

I wonder if any of these Rose combos I'm messing around with will even be practical. Oh well, they look neat.

Edit: I think I've nailed FADC into ultra 1. Rushdown as Rose should be a little more threatening now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
ultra1 against rog my man
Well, I thought that with the change from a 10f startup to a 9f startup it would keep the 9f invincibility, leading to U2 working on things it previously could not. Unfortunately, the invincibility is now 8f instead of 9f.

Robot Pants

Totally digging 2012 so far. Seth's Ultra 1 is how it should have been to begin with. Thing is so quick and he doesn't get hit out of it. Sagat players can't crutch on that EX Tigershot anymore.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wow, Honda's mp headbutt really isn't as good as it seemed it would be. I guess he can land a hit into an existing fireball hitbox but that's about it. Can't pass through a hp hadouken or sonic boom, but can pass through an ex sonic boom.

h3ro

Does the update change the title screen for the Disc version to finally say Arcade Edition?

It's a little thing, but I figured buying the Yun/Yang AE DLC would change it.

VerTiGo

Banned
Is it easier to fully connect now with Ryu's Ultra 2 now after medium punch juggle? What does the f mean? A measure of distance?

I am hoping this update can make me hop off third strike for the time being. My connections in SSFIV have not been good lately, damn you FIOS.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chun-Li stuff:

(Tested on Ryu)

cr. hp xx mk SBK 230 dmg, 300 stun

cl. hp xx hk SBK 290 dmg, 400 stun

j hk, cr. hp xx mk SBK 294 dmg, 464 stun

j hk, cl. hp xx hk SBK 350 dmg, 560 stun

nj hp, cr. hp xx mk SBK 334 dmg, 564 stun

nj hp, cl. hp xx hk SBK 358 dmg, 628 stun

(Switched to Sagat)

nj hp, cl. hp xx hk SBK 390 dmg, 660 stun

nj hp, cl. hp xx mk SBK, super 609 dmg

VerTiGo

Banned
I'm sticking with maining Ken and Dictator. I wish these changes would be a bit more ballsy and just give Ken his Third Strike kicks back. They still won't fix Ken.

kodecraft

Cody's walkspeed buff didn't seem too apparent in streams but actually using him now feels great. Thinking of using this dude.

Will the real Cody Travers please stand up?...challenge me sir if you want to use Cody....I'll send you back to your current main.

2012 baby!

I still hope for Charlie to be included sometime.

I love the buffs the Evil Ryu, but my struggle is to actually use them in matches. I feel like I'm trying to use the new stuff more then win although I'm definitely still trying to win. Funny thing is I've won quite a lot today, and have used some of the new stuff during matches. I'm looking forward to getting more comfortable with it so it won't feel strange to me.

El Sloth

Banned
Is there a way to lower the resolution? I don't see an option on the player. While the 60fps 720p look great, it's lagging like crazy for me.

No, it's something that people only get as an option to use on their streams once they have a certain amount of subscribers it seems.

Joekage

Cody is the same character except a slight bit faster and more rounded defensively. I love every second of it.

I'm going in hard in 2012. I feel like I'm on the cusp of greatness here. I have a solid character, good footsies, anti-air is on point, damaging combos, execution is getting much better, unblockable setups, OS's against almost every character, and a FGC in Texas that's expanding exponentially and growing stronger every day. We just got our last local tournament on the front page of SRK even!

2012 is gonna be a good year. Got my training/matchup log started. Learning everything I can as I travel to different areas and tournaments. It's a great feeling. Lots of hours of practice and games await me but glad to see 2012 is what I wanted so I'm ready and willing.

Watch out for me in the coming months. I promise not to fail you GAF!

P.S. Shoutouts to Vex and Saty for always having my back. <#

rbrogue

"Now viper players will feel what the rest of us felt" lol
Let's do yun cody and viper Cody sets tonight if you can Joe. Need to test yun on a good player.

hertog

Nice, my EX-upball feels like a shoryuken now :)

And finally I'm winning games again with Guile, the damage buffs make him somewhat playable again.

Joekage

"Now viper players will feel what the rest of us felt" lol
Let's do yun cody and viper Cody sets tonight if you can Joe. Need to test yun on a good player.

I'm off for the next few days so yeah we can definitely get that done. I need the Yun practice anyways as I'm sure you saw my blowup during the stream. As well as the Viper practice. I'm still gonna come down to San Antonio one day and get a nice long set with you guys.

Top Bottom