• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

SamVimes

I dunno, man. I'm happy about those changes, but we are still fucked when it comes to damage. Champ tweeted about 2012 Sim after that tourney last week:

Even though I respect Champ's opinion like crazy I doubt those are all set in stone, but it's about what I expect. We will still get mauled by the usual suspects :(

Yeah Abel already destroyed Sim back in vanilla and in super, the matchup got even better for him because Sim's nerfs were more significant and now that they're reverting his nerfs but Sim's damage stays the same i don't see any top Abel lose to any Sim. Even Champ's.

Ah crap, I was hoping Capcom would have implemented some damage increase buffs on the down low for Sim.

Is the nerfed Fei, Seth, and Fuerte really that bad for all three to be considered 7-3 against Sim in AE 2012?

For PSN probably, for Xbox Live it might be 5AM Est.

I can't speak much on Fuerte; I don't know much of what's going on in a match against that fucker, even if I win. But dammit, Fei in your face as a Sim player is maddening. In AE and Super it was rekkas with damn near impunity, low poke throw/command throw mind games. Seth wasn't much different. Which calls back to why the sim nerfs in AE were so dumb. Honestly his damage should have been upped a little. But at least, if you're able to zone someone out, you feel like a psychic genius. There's nothing more humbling than having a near full life lead blow away after your opponent gets in on you once.

I hate to sound like a whiny Sim player with all that, but whatever. If he got some of the buffs he needed in the first place, I feel like he'd be too strong. Nah, maybe not.

Satyamdas

Banned
Is the nerfed Fei, Seth, and Fuerte really that bad for all three to be considered 7-3 against Sim in AE 2012?
None of the nerfs to those characters impact their matchup with Sim in any way.

Fei/Sim was a borderline 8-2 matchup in AE. Fei's Rekka nerf doesn't affect Sim at all since Sim could already punish any close blocked Rekka with Super.

Seth's dp>fadc nerf doesn't matter since Sim has no reversal that Seth has to be wary of. He will still be able to mix Sim up for free all day.

Fuerte got nerfed? I thought he got a better Propeller Tortilla and EX Quesadilla Bomb and mashable jabs and less recovery on whiffed Guacamole Leg Throw?? Of these only the buffed Propeller will give Sim trouble, but again, this is a character that once they knock Sim down they can just run mixups all day and have nothing to fear in doing so.

Wiseblade

I wasn't being very clear, I only meant Fei when I said nerfed. I thought most Sim's considered those matches 6-4 and not 7-3.

While I wouldn't call it that way, I can definitely see the argument for Fuerte-Dhalsim being 7-3. Once Fuerte is in, it's pretty much over for Sim.

Is the PC online competition really that bad?

Depends how good you are. I guess most of them are free for Saty, eva, Jlai, and now Fragment. For me most of the top comp I run into are right around my skill level. I normally hover around the 2500-3000pp range and the better players I run into have about the same amount while those 3(saty, eva, Jlai) are all over 4k. Besides those 3, I've never even ran into another 4k PP guy in Ranked. Points aren't everything but it gives you a idea and most of the time it's right when I match up with guys with close to the same amount of PP as me.

While I wouldn't call it that way, I can definitely see the argument for Fuerte-Dhalsim being 7-3. Once Fuerte is in, it's pretty much over for Sim.

This is the reason why I always argued that Ryu-Sim is 7-3. Not only is it very hard for him to get in. But even when he's in he lacks the proper mix ups to stay on top of Sim. No dive kick, no command throw, no vortex of any kind, no move that propels his body forward quickly and safely, and it wouldn't surprise me if Sims would actually thank you for doing a cross up tatsu on them as long as it doesn't kill them because it basically sets them free unlike Ken or Akuma's cross up tatsu.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Is the PC online competition really that bad?

If I'm doing as well as I am then yeah, it's pretty bad. Depending on your reasons behind playing the game, this can be either a good or a bad thing. But for me personally, I wish there were more better players on PC because I'd rather play the PC version otherwise.

If I'm doing as well as I am then yeah, it's pretty bad. Depending on your reasons behind playing the game, this can be either a good or a bad thing. But for me personally, I wish there were more better players on PC because I'd rather play the PC version otherwise.

If only Capcom released the game simultaneously with the console versions.

That being said, that is a good thing for me. I have a 1:10 ratio right now. But that's more so due to me not playing a fighting game in YEARS. I'm rapidly getting better.

Those match ups for sim make sense. Sim is a type of character with little even matches and alot of matches that are in his favor or not. He probably the character with the least amount of even match ups.

Satyamdas

Banned
Proof that fortune cookie writers are fg stream monsters:

K5pam.jpg

cackhyena

So I kind of hounded someone to come back to my lobby tonight. He wouldn't do it, but man I wouldn't let up. This guy lilo diablo on XBL is a joke. I'm rusty as fuck and I gave him a run for his money. His Gouken beat me first game and I beat his Akuma second game easily. Guy leaves, I ask why and he says he wants better players. Top 100 or nothing. I was laughing. I've played far better. So fucking high and mighty for being so mediocre. Ugh.

So I kind of hounded someone to come back to my lobby tonight. He wouldn't do it, but man I wouldn't let up. This guy lilo diablo on XBL is a joke. I'm rusty as fuck and I gave him a run for his money. His Gouken beat me first game and I beat his Akuma second game easily. Guy leaves, I ask why and he says he wants better players. Top 100 or nothing. I was laughing. I've played far better. So fucking high and mighty for being so mediocre. Ugh.

Well at least it's better then "haha I beat you and I'll never give you a rematch ever again". Even though it's clear that they're not much better or better at all, they refuse the rematch just to have the last laugh.

Imm0rt4l

I'll leave if the other guy is just really bad, and I'm picking up bad habits playing. If it's obvious that I'm that much better then they usually don't say shit. But if somebody beats me by the skin of their teeth and wanna pop off? smh......

Top Bottom