• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Got to fool around with blanka for a couple of minutes.

Don't see the point of rockcrusher buff unless I totally botched it. I couldn't get a fully charged rockcrusher to hit after a lvl 3 focus. Sooo... who is going to let me do that move out of the blue so I can link the c.mk xx etc after it? No one that's who.

Guess it's cool that heavy balls in combos now knockdown but don't really see the point since it's not untechable ( obviously there's the added bonus of not being punished when your balls hit... but that's was so bad I don't even want to remember it )

Nobody likes you blanka, go home.

Satyamdas

Banned
Got to fool around with blanka for a couple of minutes.

Don't see the point of rockcrusher buff unless I totally botched it. I couldn't get a fully charged rockcrusher to hit after a lvl 3 focus. Sooo... who is going to let me do that move out of the blue so I can link the c.mk xx etc after it? No one that's who.

Guess it's cool that heavy balls in combos now knockdown but don't really see the point since it's not untechable ( obviously there's the added bonus of now being punished when your balls hit... but that's was so bad I don't even want to remember it )

Nobody likes you blanka, go home.
You can combo into his Ultra 1 if you connect rockcrusher overhead. 2 frame link. >:|

Of course landing that is no trivial thing. Can be done off a focus crumple. >:|

Axis

Cody is the same character except a slight bit faster and more rounded defensively. I love every second of it.

I'm going in hard in 2012. I feel like I'm on the cusp of greatness here. I have a solid character, good footsies, anti-air is on point, damaging combos, execution is getting much better, unblockable setups, OS's against almost every character, and a FGC in Texas that's expanding exponentially and growing stronger every day. We just got our last local tournament on the front page of SRK even!

2012 is gonna be a good year. Got my training/matchup log started. Learning everything I can as I travel to different areas and tournaments. It's a great feeling. Lots of hours of practice and games await me but glad to see 2012 is what I wanted so I'm ready and willing.

Watch out for me in the coming months. I promise not to fail you GAF!

P.S. Shoutouts to Vex and Saty for always having my back. <#

yessir mayne <# now lets get it in on dat 2012 :eek:

So any word of when the update hits the PC version?

And looks Viper has more tricks. Capon trolled Saty.

I'm sure there might be new wrinkles to all of the characters. But with the way they update, it's hard to discover the tech like people have in TS or ST. And with the resurgence of fighting games, who know how much life this game has.

alstein

So any word of when the update hits the PC version?

And looks Viper has more tricks. Capon trolled Saty.

I'm sure there might be new wrinkles to all of the characters. But with the way they update, it's hard to discover the tech like people have in TS or ST. And with the resurgence of fighting games, who know how much life this game has.

I don't think it's going to have much of an effect either way, outside of a short-term bump.

Prediction: EVO 2k12 SF4 numbers are lower then 2k11 numbers, even if overall attendance rises.

I wouldn't be shocked if SC5 gets more entrants if the game reaches its potential. (big if there)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if SFIV numbers went down if it meant good turnout for KOF, UMVC3, MK, etc. The FGC is too pro capcom.

But Marvel and SF will most likely be the top dogs again.

I haven't seen anything. Honestly, we've gotten a little international plate happy (hello Canada Cup, Season's Beatings and Shadaloo Showdown).

I'd personally like to see more east versus west action. These tournaments need more regional salt. I loved Noel and Jago last weekend. Imagine if Viscant had been at NEC?

Degen

Heard that the update was today, ditched my MvC3 avatar, read the list of changes all over again...

aaand just realized that my game is still at a friend's house. fffff

never lend. always exchange.

cackhyena

People always flock to buffed characters. Ive been playing him since super and I tend to keep it that way.

Same. I'm not good enough to take advantage of his buffs of which, beyond walking speed I know little of anyway. So whatever.

Tried Kadey's room a couple times. Both times, right before it's my turn, it says host has left. She didn't, it was some weird way of kicking me even though it said it was a good connection. I'd love to know how or why our connections to each other somehow went to complete shit since AE dropped. It's fucking ridiculous.

I haven't seen anything. Honestly, we've gotten a little international plate happy (hello Canada Cup, Season's Beatings and Shadaloo Showdown).

I'd personally like to see more east versus west action. These tournaments need more regional salt. I loved Noel and Jago last weekend. Imagine if Viscant had been at NEC?

I disagree. I like seeing the best of the best play. Currently, Japan have the most and best players in SF4. I get hype whenever a lot of big JP names enter, or any other international players enter. It just makes the tournament feel bigger, with more on the line. That's just how I feel.

Threi

notag
5 minute impressions

1. deejay's low jab may or may not be 3 frames now. Feels as fast as his close stand jab on startup (which is 3f) this is most likely unchanged

2. super > ultra is a dumb gimmick. Does a SHITLOAD of chip though (and scales just as bad as i thought it would; full combo > super > ultra did about 325 on a low-health roo) U2 is still the better ultra...unfortunately (terrible pretzel motion)

3. stand strong is buff as all hell. Better range (same range as his low short on a standing opponent), better active frames, being special cancellable works wonders on the ground (but is not very useful on a jumping opponent as...they shouldn't be jumping at all on a charged deejay in the first place)

4. Don't know what to make of close hk. I don't think it's very useful at all.

I expect to see some nasty pressure setups with this button.

overall...meh, not very hyped for this revision. Hopefully an american deejay starts beasting on people in tourneys and inspires me to play better.

Yes, I am a scrub that is that easily influenced.

5 minute impressions

2. super > ultra is a dumb gimmick. Does a SHITLOAD of chip though (and scales just as bad as i thought it would; full combo > super > ultra did about 325 on a low-health roo

overall...meh.
Seems it only cancels the super at a certain frame. The input window is huge for the ultra.

cHaotix8

Haven't got the chance to play it yet.

Chaotix, I want your Dudley impressions!

RIP Yun ;_;

I've only spent a few minutes with it so I don't have any solid impressions yet. Once I finish school tomorrow I'm gonna be going in hardcore.

Some things I did notice were some stealth nerfs. Counter-hit st. RH pushes back hella far, so you have to cancel into lk duck or ex duck to continue the combo. I'm pretty sure CH RH xx lk duck is at least +5. Now you can combo into ex SSB on counterhit RH though, so that's cool at least. 400 damage in the corner if you tack on HP Jet Upper.

Another stealth Nerf was on forward fierce hitstun. In super and AE when you hit with a meaty Step Straight, you could combo into Ultra, fierce, roundhouse , crouching strong, whatever. Now you don't get anything.

You can juggle Ultra I off of Cr. RH and EX MGB, for not that much more damage than you would get for doing a regular combo. I guess you would do it if you wanted an untechable knockdown or if it would kill?

That's all I got, I spent about 20 minutes with him this morning before I got back to studying. Hopefully by tomorrow I can see what kind of potential these changes really hold.

How big is the patch?
XBL read 10MB for me.

Robot Pants

Dude. I can't believe the disc version is sold out online at bestbuy.com already. That was like 6 hours ago when I went to sleep and they hadn't even started selling it yet.

I've only spent a few minutes with it so I don't have any solid impressions yet. Once I finish school tomorrow I'm gonna be going in hardcore.

Some things I did notice were some stealth nerfs. Counter-hit st. RH pushes back hella far, so you have to cancel into lk duck or ex duck to continue the combo. I'm pretty sure CH RH xx lk duck is at least +5. Now you can combo into ex SSB on counterhit RH though, so that's cool at least. 400 damage in the corner if you tack on HP Jet Upper.

Another stealth Nerf was on forward fierce hitstun. In super and AE when you hit with a meaty Step Straight, you could combo into Ultra, fierce, roundhouse , crouching strong, whatever. Now you don't get anything.

You can juggle Ultra I off of Cr. RH and EX MGB, for not that much more damage than you would get for doing a regular combo. I guess you would do it if you wanted an untechable knockdown or if it would kill?

That's all I got, I spent about 20 minutes with him this morning before I got back to studying. Hopefully by tomorrow I can see what kind of potential these changes really hold.

XBL read 10MB for me.

Can't juggle off EX MGB for the life of me.

Even on Cr.RH, you'd have to do it in a very specific window and the window starts too fast for it to be a hit comfirm.

If you do manage to hit it, it does about 180-195 on a full juggle.

Eh. Not worth whiffing it unless you're in some casual matches or something.

Oh, and you can juggle off of any srk fadc U1 in the corner I think. Still, very tight timing required. No juggles off of duck upper/ex duck upper or straights =/.

Vice

Rose seem quite a bit better in 2012. The change to counter-hit mk makes her frame traps more dangerous. Especially when you use U2. It can also lead into Ultra 1 if you have meter to burn, the timing seems very strict though.

Lots of her basic combos can be FADC'd into ultra 1 and since her meter gain is up burning bars for it should be worthwhile.

Ex reflects buffs are dope. I feel like it will make matches against fireball characters shit loads easier.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Oni is a freaking beast. The new ex tatsu after air dash is so freaking ambiguous. In the corner i got a setup that i have a 100% success rate so far. Free ultra all day

And comboing into air demon from srk/air dash+++ i just so fun. 400dmg off a aa srk? yes please

Air dash cancel to air ultra is mad hard tho :/

cHaotix8

Can't juggle off EX MGB for the life of me.

Even on Cr.RH, you'd have to do it in a very specific window and the window starts too fast for it to be a hit comfirm.

If you do manage to hit it, it does about 180-195 on a full juggle.

Eh. Not worth whiffing it unless you're in some casual matches or something.

Oh, and you can juggle off of any srk fadc U1 in the corner I think. Still, very tight timing required. No juggles off of duck upper/ex duck upper or straights =/.

For EXMGB the timing is pretty strict. I think Fwd. MK, RH xx EXMGB > Full Ultra I did like 411 damage. That's only eleven more damage than a regular corner combo and Ultra adds no stun.

The forward fierce thing is a pretty big nerf. Also, go to training mode and hit the dummy with a counterhit RH and see how far they fly. I have no idea what they were thinking.

I disagree. I like seeing the best of the best play. Currently, Japan have the most and best players in SF4. I get hype whenever a lot of big JP names enter, or any other international players enter. It just makes the tournament feel bigger, with more on the line. That's just how I feel.

I'm not denying the level of play that Japanese players bring, but the East versus West hype has been a bit subdued the last few years. Remember how it was popping off after Bar Fights 2? It caused the whole scene to step up. And look at how great the west coast is now. The below all dominate tournaments.

Ricky Ortiz
Vangief
XSKSamurai
F.Champ
Valle
Combo fiend
Mike Ross
And J Wong

The Bar Fight 3 saw some of that. At this point, I think we know Japan is a little better (we're not free anymore with Wong, Latif, Krone, PR, etc.)

My question is what is more exciting another USA versus Japan match or seeing someone from say Texas like a FMF, Jop, Joe, etc win a major or a new regional rivalry like Texas versus SoCal, AZ versus Florida, etc.

vulva

I'm not denying the level of play that Japanese players bring, but the East versus West hype has been a bit subdued the last few years. Remember how it was popping off after Bar Fights 2? It caused the whole scene to step up. And look at how great the west coast is now. The below all dominate tournaments.

Ricky Ortiz
Vangief
XSKSamurai
F.Champ
Valle
Combo fiend
Mike Ross
And J Wong

The Bar Fight 3 saw some of that. At this point, I think we know Japan is a little better (we're not free anymore with Wong, Latif, Krone, PR, etc.)

My question is what is more exciting another USA versus Japan match or seeing someone from say Texas like a FMF, Jop, Joe, etc win a major or a new regional rivalry like Texas versus SoCal, AZ versus Florida, etc.
vangief's been dominating tournaments lately?

rCIZZLE

I see. Ah well, foreign competition will run a train on US regardless. They've had the game longer.

Eh, the changes aren't the same as when AE launched and we were getting boned by twins. I believe Latif will be there so it'll be interesting to see him back in action.

I got that email by Sony for 3 1-month codes for me and 2 friends, so I felt like sharing it with this thread. So the first two people to post the biggest plate of nachos you can find will get a code.

I got that email by Sony for 3 1-month codes for me and 2 friends, so I felt like sharing it with this thread. So the first two people to post the biggest plate of nachos you can find will get a code.

COtt5.jpg

Top Bottom