• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Lostconfused said:
For some reason I can't pick a character other than Abel and I am still terrible at this game. Recommend an character that's easy to pick up or play. Because this is driving me nuts.
C.Viper

Lostconfused said:
For some reason I can't pick a character other than Abel and I am still terrible at this game. Recommend an character that's easy to pick up or play. Because this is driving me nuts.
Yun. I'm ass and I can scrape together wins with him.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I already own AE PC so I have a code to give away, I'm going to ask a friend if he wants it first, if not I'll give it away here.

Lostconfused said:
Any shoto. I'm partial to Ken.

El Sloth

Banned
Lostconfused said:
This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but have you tried a charge character? Maybe you'll have better luck with one of them. I'd recommend Guile or Bison.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Lostconfused said:
M. Bison or Balrog. Both have easy execution and a proven gameplan. They're damn near autopilot characters.

LakeEarth

Lostconfused said:
Charge characters. Honda, Balrog or Bison.

ShaneB

Lostconfused said:
I should probably just stick to easier games like blazblue.

Seems backwards saying that, Blazblue has a lot more going on than SF.

I'll echo what others are saying, check out a charge character like Bison or Balrog.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
jfhj5.jpg

Anyone want to fool around with me on pc?

zlatko

Banned
Corky said:
jfhj5.jpg

Anyone want to fool around with me on pc?

I would love to, but I lack the PC version. :( If any kind soul here gets that extra code from Evo I'd gladly take it to body you with my stellar gameplay. I make Daigo look freer than Poongko did.

El Sloth said:
Blazblue is an easier game? The super long combos always intimidate me away back to SSIV.
For some reason I just have a much easier time trying to play Blazblue than SSF4. Actually I've been having trouble with the game since SF4 came out, just never clicks with me for some reason.

Maybe I should give charge characters a shot, but I just realy don't like the idea of playing them.

zlatko

Banned
Lostconfused said:
For some reason I just have a much easier time trying to play Blazblue than SSF4. Actually I've been having trouble with the game since SF4 came out, just never clicks with me for some reason.

Maybe I should give charge characters a shot, but I just realy don't like the idea of playing them.

Do you not like playing Abel? I mean if you found a character you like and can do alright with, then sticking with them more will only make you better.

Makoto is similar to Abel in a couple of ways, but she has a harder time getting wins than Abel. For some reason I feel like recommending Rose to you, because she's a character that teaches you a lot of the principles of Street Fighter with footsies. She's not amazing top tier caliber by any means, and if you're looking for someone like that and easy to play like Abel is then Yang is your best bet.

zlatko

Banned
Lostconfused said:
I like Abel. But I am absolutely terrible with him. The few times I tried playing online I haven't won a single match.

Are you on 360? I mained him in Super and can show you some stuff.

notworksafe

Probably going to sell my AEPC code when it comes in cause I'm not sure my laptop can run it. Not sure what is a fair price though.

EDIT: Ooh just came in the ol' email. Got sent to Spam...dang GMail.

My brain and charge characters don't get along. I've tried to pick up Guile a couple of times but as soon as I try to actually play a match it's all, 'Am I charging? shit I should be charging what do these normals do again K.O.'

notworksafe

Figure I'll sell AEPC for 50% off...so $20. It's a GFWL code, not a Steam one (in case someone cares). I'll give you duders a shot at it before I post it in the B/S/T thread.

Sold to Edgeward

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
:'(

Trying to use seth against random underwater dudes is the closest I've gotten to wanting an asteroid to hit earth.

zlatko said:
:/ I want to help you, but you said don't bother.
It's ok, getting perfected online will drive me to become a hermit soon enough and you shant have to hear from me again.

Also again don't have a 360 version here.

zlatko

Banned
Lostconfused said:
It's ok, getting perfected online will drive me to become a hermit soon enough and you shant have to hear from me again.

Also again don't have a 360 version here.

Anyway for you to share a replay?

How well do you know what the entire roster of the cast is capable of? Do you know how to block cross ups? Do you know how to crouch tech throws?

Which characters would you say are the worst ones for you to get matched up with?

Do you know the basic bread and butter combos with Abel? Can you do them without issues in training mode consistently? Do you know his best buttons for anti air, best buttons for air to air? How much meter are you spending on and on what? What do you try and do on wake up when you are knocked down? Do you know his best pokes?

Things like this can help you out a lot if you aren't aware of them. Your biggest hurdle is probably knowing the match ups. With such a big cast it can look free if you don't know what shenanigans they are going for.

zlatko

Banned
Lostconfused said:
I'll post a full reply in about an hour.

Sounds good. We'll make a beast out of you yet. :) What character do you use in BB by the way? I imagine if you're good at BB then your execution is probably a lot better than the average SF player.

ShaneB

I'll back out of any AEPC code sweepstakes for now. Know in 2 weeks I'll just be playing 3S anyway, so would rather someone get it who will actually play it :)

zlatko said:
Sounds good. We'll make a beast out of you yet. :) What character do you use in BB by the way? I imagine if you're good at BB then your execution is probably a lot better than the average SF player.
Actually my execution is not that good. I am better at BB than SF4 but that's not saying much. My execution needs to be cleaner because half the time instead of say a QCF motion the game registers a DP motion. Also my reaction time is quiet terrible and I have trouble with single frame links.

My real problem is that I suck against rush down. I can hold a block string for a bit but I honestly have no idea how to start fighting back or when.

Top Bottom