• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

ShinAmano

So nothing new, but when trying to join a match in ranked and the host removes you...why would someone do that? Outside of if you recently smoked them?

Also I found another player last night that like to go random...we had a good 5 or 6 matches and it was fantastic!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ShinAmano said:
So nothing new, but when trying to join a match in ranked and the host removes you...why would someone do that? Outside of if you recently smoked them?
!

They're waiting for their booster buddy.

edit : usd my man we need those gifs of poongko from the latest vid xD

ShinAmano

Corky said:
They're waiting for their booster buddy.

edit : usd my man we need those gifs of poongko from the latest vid xD
Oh...that is pathetic...dont point go down if you beat the same person multiple times?

Corky

ShinAmano said:
Oh...that is pathetic...dont point go down if you beat the same person multiple times?

Well this is all conjecture by my part but I guess that they have several accounts either theirs or their friends or something and just leech points of them until they have like no points and then they play ranked with these dummy accounts.

Or something.

rivals

Another possibility is that your connection to them isn't as good as they want. I never create ranked lobbies because I try to only play green connections, but if I did I'd probably kick people with shitty connections.

LakeEarth

Lostconfused said:
Oh cool, plinking is actually realy easy to do. Just have to practice it enough to be able to use it in combos.
What I suggest is to pick one combo with your main where plinking could really help. In my case it was Abel's f.mk dash s.fp one frame link. Once you get used to always plinking that one, you just start plinking other stuff without thinking about it.

notworksafe

rivals said:
Another possibility is that your connection to them isn't as good as they want. I never create ranked lobbies because I try to only play green connections, but if I did I'd probably kick people with shitty connections.
This is why I kick people when hosting.

yeb

ShinAmano said:

Also I found another player last night that like to go random...we had a good 5 or 6 matches and it was fantastic!
I boot people if I'm sick of playing them, which normally means they lag really bad or I'm bored with beating them. I usually enjoy playing people that beat me, but if it's too laggy to play on the level I need to then I could still kick them. I might also do it if I was hoping for a rematch with someone else that I had really close matches and/or a good connection with.

If someone was repeatedly going random against me, I might kick them for not putting up a challenge.

rivals said:
In my experience, the connection indicator is meaningless. I've seen people that I know are across the country so there's obviously substantial lag, but it still gives a green bar. A good yellow connection is better than a bad green, but I kick people with yellow connections anyway.

yeb

AE PC question, is the game tied to the gamertag that entered the code? I remember with SF4 PC, I was able to use multiple gamertags but I got that through Steam.

_dementia said:
Oh shit it's yeb! Good to know you're still playing.
Yeah, I'm actually really enjoying AE, but I haven't traveled to a tourney in a long time.

Imm0rt4l said:
white people are a minority in the top of the fgc.
Vischamp > *

Crisis

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
Since they are looking pretty free, I am guessing all their online opponents are probably white :p

RACISSST.gif

Chavelo

Nabs said:
AEPC uses SSA keys, so I'm pretty sure it's locked to your gamertag.

Which is lame as hell, since I kinda screwed up and used an old gamertag instead on the new one I created from XBL. Now there's a yyChavelo bodying fools on AE PC, and ADChavelo getting owned by fools on MVC3 360.

sadpanda.jpg

Corky

Anyone on GAF main seth? I've got a poongko fever and the only cure is more fever....

I'm finding him tough to play against people who don't respect his tools ( as they shouldn't since I can't utilize them for the life of me ).

ShinAmano

So...is there a site that lists (shows pictures) of all of the DLC outfits and which packs they are associated with? Also is there a comprehensive DLC pack with all of the outfits?

I just got a few free MS points from Bing and was thinking about picking some up.

Thank you.

Nabs

Chavelo said:
Which is lame as hell, since I kinda screwed up and used an old gamertag instead on the new one I created from XBL. Now there's a yyChavelo bodying fools on AE PC, and ADChavelo getting owned by fools on MVC3 360.

sadpanda.jpg
yeb said:
Ah ok, I didn't know about SSA keys, thanks for that. SF4 PC definitely used something else.

It had no protection. Pirates could play online by using any GFWL key.

Corky said:
Anyone on GAF main seth? I've got a poongko fever and the only cure is more fever....

I'm finding him tough to play against people who don't respect his tools ( as they shouldn't since I can't utilize them for the life of me ).
QisTopTier mained him but he rarely plays now.

Corky

Professor Beef said:
Someone should call the cops on Poongko for murdering those buttons, god damn.

At first I thought they had added sound effects or something, it sounds like the room is filled with a million typewriters.

LProtag

Fightstick should get here on Tuesday! I just finished filling out enough online surveys to get the game for free on Amazon!

Haha. Excited to start being crappy at this game and some other fighting games.

Number45

zlatko said:
How come it says that video was uploaded on the 7th and it just now shows up? I pretty much have to go to CC's facebook page to find when they upload videos now because youtube sucks at updating my subs.
YT subscription updates are horribly random, I've just switched them all off. I get notifications for CC (and most other FGC videos) from Twitter (SRK/IPW/EventHubs etc.) most of the time.

EDIT: SSF4 AE comeback compilation ep. #24 by LiangHuBBB

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
ShinAmano said:

I boot everyone who isn't green, or if I've played them before and they were too laggy.

LProtag

DjangoReinhardt said:
I boot everyone who isn't green, or if I've played them before and they were too laggy.

I'm worried about my internet on here now, it's usually kinda crappy... argh.

Someone mentioned it's your upload speed that matters? What's a good upload speed to have?

InsertNameHere said:
I'm worried about my internet on here now, it's usually kinda crappy... argh.

Someone mentioned it's your upload speed that matters? What's a good upload speed to have?
Bars tend to matter more in Ranked because there's something on the line. It's not as big a deal for Player Matches, though.

LProtag

How well do you think my PS3 will do with these shittastic internet speeds?

2.59 download and .43 upload

Man, I wish I back on my college campus... such fast speeds there.

Edit: I got slightly higher scores with my computer wired, but upload was the same and I only barely made it to 3.0 download. Lame.

InsertNameHere said:
How well do you think my PS3 will do with these shittastic internet speeds?

2.59 download and .43 upload

Man, I wish I back on my college campus... such fast speeds there.

Edit: I got slightly higher scores with my computer wired, but upload was the same and I only barely made it to 3.0 download. Lame.

I have 7.23 down and .67 up, and I've only had one laggy match out of approximately 150. If upload is what matters then you're probably fine.

Top Bottom