• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Imm0rt4l

Fighting Adon as Gouken is so stupid.

In other news apparently goukens kinjite shoryuken is 2frame startup, I guess I gotta learn to meter hog for certain matchups now and to start mashing with the best of em'....

MightyKAC

Anyone got any pointers for a budding stream noob? I'm looking to hop onto the Twitch / Justin TV train to see just how viable (and fun) streaming might be for me. Any software or capture card advice would be much appreciated.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I said this in the Marvel thread as well.

I must be the only person annoyed at the whole donations thing. It's like every stream is asking for donations. People like Sp00ky and Level up are right in asking for it and even then Sp00ky only does it when he needs to, he is legit in using the money for better stream viewing. But these other people/groups are freeloading. Not saying any particular stream but I am noticing all of these new random streams lately and one of the first things I notice is some donation button or some mod on it asking for donations.
Next comment doesn't really apply to the streamers at tournaments and majors. For home streams, besides buying the equipment itself which isn't as complex as getting a good enough PC, fast enough internet connection and a capture hardware/software, camera and so on if you need, it's really nothing more than that at that level. Only thing that would factor in the costs is the electric bill and unless you are PJ who streams 24/7, the point is moot. So fuck all those people. Trying to freeload off the FGC. Fuck out of here.

I must be the only person annoyed at the whole donations thing. It's like every stream is asking for donations. People like Sp00ky and Level up are right in asking for it and even then Sp00ky only does it when he needs to, he is legit in using the money for better stream viewing. But these other people/groups are freeloading. Not saying any particular stream but I am noticing all of these new random streams lately and one of the first things I notice is some donation button or some mod on it asking for donations.
Next comment doesn't really apply to the streamers at tournaments and majors. For home streams, besides buying the equipment itself which isn't as complex as getting a good enough PC, fast enough internet connection and a capture hardware/software, camera and so on if you need, it's really nothing more than that at that level. Only thing that would factor in the costs is the electric bill and unless you are PJ who streams 24/7, the point is moot. So fuck all those people. Trying to freeload off the FGC. Fuck out of here.

Pretty much. The main reason why I only donate to Sp00ky, LevelUp, Box, etc.

El Sloth

Banned
Apex on blast:

Apex is run by a guy banned from the NYC fighting game community for running away with a pot after hitting his girlfriend, the cops arrived and the venue had to pay players out of pocket on the spot. They had just hired a brand new guy to run tournaments for the venue as well, but after that happened they refused to run any fighting game tournaments ever again. Said guy was fired mere days after being hired along with this TO. It was pretty much the best place in Manhattan to gather (lots of space and TVs, in a very convenient location). I'm curious how no one actually called him out on this and how this tournament is allowed to be run considering all of that. He never showed his face in that community for a long time. This was before SF4 came out.

So it's not surprising he ran this poorly too.
I don't think anyone in recent memory remembers the guy, and they don't seem to be at the tournament. Noel was actually at that tournament playing Arcana Heart I think but they weren't part of the same running as what this guy did.

Also I remember there being stirrings of him pulling seedy stuff in the Smash community in around the same era. Not sure what happened with that.
Alex Strife ran that tournament. I saw this with my own eyes. I saw him running out of the room and out of the venue. This was a thing I witnessed.
Ask any person at that tournament.

Edit: That was what was claimed and what the cops were dealing with. Whatever the case is was he ran out of the venue. This was in 2007? I believe.

I had the pleasure of running half a tournament in his absence and telling the ST players that their money didn't exist.
Yep, Art was there. He got 3rd place in 3rd Strike with Alex. Not sure if that helps. I think you paid 20 dollars and got entrance to all 4 Capcom games. Also for some reason CvS2 was single elim/game or something for no reason at all and Smash had half the entrants of the fighting game people but got twice the TVs as well.

For what it's worth it didn't run that poorly but that's because community people did all of the work.

Dat FGC drama.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Do different characters have different amounts of pushback from blocked moves? I tried lk > lp > lp > jumping HP and it was doing cross up the other day. I tried again today in training and it doesn't work vs. Ken. I forget which character it worked on the other day. Maybe the other character had a wider hitbox?

he isnt even scratching the surface.
That tournament cost us Web2Zone they didnt really want the FGC there though anyway. alex's tournament was more of a last straw thing. it cost us VF sessions as we had a VF5 arcade cab in there (it kept getting updated too)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy crap, I don't recall Medium being this hard with vanilla characters. Did AE/AE2012 buff the AI?

These no continue achievements (plus Oni/Ryu appearing) are going to be the death of me.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.

They're spending their own time and incurring opportunity costs to provide entertainment. That's on top of the countless hours they've spent to become good enough in order to have a stream that's worth viewing. I don't see the problem with asking the audience consuming their product to donate in order to offset some of those losses. Given that the top players still need day jobs, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that these "random streams" are from people whose investment in fighting games is decidedly in the red.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They're spending their own time and incurring opportunity costs to provide entertainment. That's on top of the countless hours they've spent to become good enough in order to have a stream that's worth viewing. I don't see the problem with asking the audience consuming their product to donate in order to offset some of those losses. Given that the top players still need day jobs, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that these "random streams" are from people whose investment in fighting games is decidedly in the red.

Generalizing a bit there. I wasn't really referring to people who paid their dues. More than of these streams are nobodies who do not go to tournaments or do anything to indicate they should be making money off of anybody. Being good at a game also doesn't entitle you to do so in the first place which they aren't really. Like I said, I'm not going to put anybody in the spotlight but I'm saying what I feel. Last few months alone, there's been dozens upon dozens of random FG streams popping up and when it's clearly being thrown in viewers faces that they should be donating, people should call them out on it.

Masaki_

You're missing the point of donations. Stream viewers are not gonna pay your fucking salary. Shoutouts to Fchamp being a donation-begging scumbag, speaking of which.

Any idea about the Korean side of this LG tournament? We have a US and Japanese qualifier to send the winner to Korea to compete in the main tournament. But will Korean players like Laugh, Infiltration, and Poongko just enter the main tournament(and not have to win a qualifier)since South Korea is where the tournament takes place?

El Sloth

Banned
he isnt even scratching the surface.
That tournament cost us Web2Zone they didnt really want the FGC there though anyway. alex's tournament was more of a last straw thing. it cost us VF sessions as we had a VF5 arcade cab in there (it kept getting updated too)
Yeah he mentioned later that Web2Zone banned fighting game events from happening there after that. Web2Zone isn't open anymore though is it? I see that their website is now owned by Samsung. Whatever happened to the VF5 cab?

Bison can cancel taunt into taunt?

I wish the uploader had inputs on

No idea there and well I was the one who uploaded it *the inputs were not really the point of this, this was just for amusements sake*. I could check the replay if you want what part in the video do you think he's cancelling into taunt?

Edit: Looked at the replay *holy crap inputs are a god awful mess lol, honestly not aware I am pressing half the buttons that pop up. I am probably not intending to but sanwa's are too sensitive and resting my fingers on the keys can trigger inputs sometimes* and not seeing any cancel's into a taunt. Unless you mean stop a taunt with another taunt which everyone can do.

Brazil is going nuts right now. JS Master got sent to losers by a Fei player named CNB. House. This Brazil tourney isn't bad at all. Skill level is decent and they're playing a wide variety of characters. Plus I have no idea who these guys are(besides JS) so I don't know what to expect which makes it more interesting.

Brazil is going nuts right now. JS Master got sent to losers by a Fei player named CNB. House. This Brazil tourney isn't bad at all. Skill level is decent and they're playing a wide variety of characters. Plus I have no idea who these guys are(besides JS) so I don't know what to expect which makes it more interesting.

Do you have a link to that?

I think one of the guys must have gotten too excited and knocked something over lol. But that's great for them, nobody even knew about there scene, now they knocked out a well known player who has fared very well against some of the best Japanese and American players.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If your mom comes over and asks about the pile of wadded up paper towels on your entertainment center, don't say you used them to clean your stick.

Satyamdas

Banned
If your mom comes over and asks about the pile of wadded up paper towels on your entertainment center, don't say you used them to clean your stick.

0zxLS.gif

Does DBJoseph still post around here? Thinking about playing this game again because Sakura is fun-tier ^_^ Need to figure out how to do stuff in this game properly with her.

Top Bottom