• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Robot Pants

Guys...*sigh*
How do I keep my BP up?
I'm ranked B, but sooner or later I always seem to fall below 5000, and when I do, it takes a lifetime to get back up there because I play everyone. When I search for "More Skilled" I get like maybe 2 results most of the time, and usually they are always Yellow to Orange connections. It's always been that way. Is no one good on the West Coast? (ohhhhh shii...kidding). So I just fight everyone and put that sucker to "ANY", and most people only give me 1 point, or if they have some decent points themselves, maybe 25-30.
I have 2500PP, and I see tons of people way worse than me with like 7000BP with their character and maybe 1200PP. I just don't get it. Not that it really matters to me, but how are they keeping their BP up with such low PP?
Good lord, I've said BP and PP way too many times. They've lost all meaning.
I feel Lord Sirlin creeping closer....

vulva

I hate to sound like a dick but the answer is pretty obvious, lose less. Take on connections that seem strong to lower the odds of lag messing up your game, but really it will just come down to your performance and ability to continue to win.
I guess another thing is to make sure you don't take fights with low BP users lightly, since you'll lose more points to them if you don't win. Never slip etc

eissan

Does DBJoseph still post around here? Thinking about playing this game again because Sakura is fun-tier ^_^ Need to figure out how to do stuff in this game properly with her.

stick with cammy yo! she is gatlike!

but sakura is really tricky to deal with too! her only problem is IMO sometimes it can be hard for her to get in.

Guys...*sigh*
How do I keep my BP up?
I'm ranked B, but sooner or later I always seem to fall below 5000, and when I do, it takes a lifetime to get back up there because I play everyone. When I search for "More Skilled" I get like maybe 2 results most of the time, and usually they are always Yellow to Orange connections. It's always been that way. Is no one good on the West Coast? (ohhhhh shii...kidding). So I just fight everyone and put that sucker to "ANY", and most people only give me 1 point, or if they have some decent points themselves, maybe 25-30.
I have 2500PP, and I see tons of people way worse than me with like 7000BP with their character and maybe 1200PP. I just don't get it. Not that it really matters to me, but how are they keeping their BP up with such low PP?
Good lord, I've said BP and PP way too many times. They've lost all meaning.
I feel Lord Sirlin creeping closer....

they play alot! if you play at least 50+ games a night you will start seeing your BP start to stack.

wait. playing for bp/pp is still a thing? fuck those arbitrary numbers. no seriously. the less you think about them the better. you are playing to improve your skill as a player. bp/pp is not reflective of skill at all.

Jesus, you guys were right when you said the Bison-Fuerte matchup sucks for Fuerte. Ran across a few last night and had to work so much harder for a W than I thought. The mix-up game is practically non-existent!

And now that I have been getting the hang of things, I'm playing alot better too. The competition has gotten fiercer, though. I think I'm going to check out my local scene next week and see if there is any interest. I know of a few places that carry tournaments for various games, so there is a chance

Guys...*sigh*
Maybe they play a lot of different characters? I have a few characters at B and just under, but generally I play random select because I find it boring to play just a couple of characters all the time, so my PP is always way, way lower and often below 1000.

I don't really care about points, just saying - but I play ranked because it means I get a quicker turn around on matches. I hate joining a player match lobby, waiting 15 minutes to get a match, then get kicked before you even play, or win one match.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Do different characters have different amounts of pushback from blocked moves? I tried lk > lp > lp > jumping HP and it was doing cross up the other day. I tried again today in training and it doesn't work vs. Ken. I forget which character it worked on the other day. Maybe the other character had a wider hitbox?

Different characters indeed have different amounts of pushback on blocked moves :(

Anyone know where I can find info on this so I don't have to figure it out myself?

Threi

notag
different chars have different reeling hitboxes when hit/blocking. Balrog and Deejay in particular have ones that are different, makes some bnbs whiff.

we need to play! I hate the deejay matchup now with his new shit and need practice :).
yeah sure anytime :)

The US qualifier for Shadowloo Showdown 2K12 has been announced

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...showdown-2k12-us-qualifiers-irvine-ca.152409/

The original trailer made it seemed like the qualifier was taking place in Chicago, but I guess they just wanted to mark a spot somewhere in each country. Unfortunately it shares the same date as the next Season's Beatings. But fortunately both tournaments take place on opposite sides of the world. So for us in the US, we can watch SB all afternoon until about midnight and then watch SS from then till morning. 48+ hours of stream monstering that weekend, who's up to the task?

vulva

That reminds me, in case anyone was curious, CEC (Toryuken) was originally slated to be on the same date as Season's Beatings. However Russel has said it's being pushed back by a week or two.

Wiseblade

Jesus, you guys were right when you said the Bison-Fuerte matchup sucks for Fuerte. Ran across a few last night and had to work so much harder for a W than I thought. The mix-up game is practically non-existent!

And now that I have been getting the hang of things, I'm playing alot better too. The competition has gotten fiercer, though. I think I'm going to check out my local scene next week and see if there is any interest. I know of a few places that carry tournaments for various games, so there is a chance

All I can really say is that after a knockdown, use f.mk/shower kick/ Fuerte's glitchy overhead to kill Bison's horizontal charge Then it's a case of chasing teleports and air grabbing devil's reverses/head stomps until your opponent is reduced to whimpering shell of a man awaiting the mercy of death.

You do everything you can to cheat for wins eh :p

I learned from the best, homes.

pd0Va.jpg

All I can really say is that after a knockdown, use f.mk/shower kick/ Fuerte's glitchy overhead to kill Bison's horizontal charge Then it's a case of chasing teleports and air grabbing devil's reverses/head stomps until your opponent is reduced to whimpering shell of a man awaiting the mercy of death.

Air throwing the devil's reverses and head stomps are so sexy. I feel like a total troll when i read it

stick with cammy yo! she is gatlike!

but sakura is really tricky to deal with too! her only problem is IMO sometimes it can be hard for her to get in.

Yeah, she's still good (was in AE too) but she ain't broke no more -- I mean, you beat me in a tourny D:
Jokes

That said, I think Sakura is more fun than the old girl now. Don't feel like adjusting, hahaha. Always dabbled with Sakura too, and if I'm gonna play this game it'll be for fun since dude who went to the hyperbolic time chamber is coming back to wreck everyone here anyway.

K.Sabot

It took me forever, but I finally have gotten my PP exactly to 2012.

No more ranked until 2013.

Anyone got the link to PSN Gaf chat?

People don't join my lobbies. :(

It probably doesn't help that I put "I only use El Fuerte" as the title...

I honestly thought that would have the opposite effect :p

i guess people cant bother with dealing with his "crazyness"

I put "No Throws Allowed" when I make lobbies. I then hope people appreciate the irony.

lol, that's so messed up

I learned from the best, homes.

pd0Va.jpg

Indeed.

RIP Eddy :(

Robot Pants

Quick C. Viper rant.
Does no one at Capcom play C. Viper? Why are they so content with letting her do whatever she wants with almost no risk? EVERYTHING is so safe. The BLOCK stun on the EX Thunder Knuckle, Jeeeeesssuuss. =)

/rant

V_Arnold

Quick C. Viper rant.
Does no one at Capcom play C. Viper? Why are they so content with letting her do whatever she wants with almost no risk? EVERYTHING is so safe. The BLOCK stun on the EX Thunder Knuckle, Jeeeeesssuuss. =)

/rant

Everything? Easily punishable moves:
H.Tk(even with backdash, easily after blocking)
ANY seismo (if you are not on the ground when it comes, recovery is insane)
Any bk if you focus? :)

Joekage

Any bk if you focus? :)

Unless she somehow ends up behind you during your focus attack, then counterhits you with FFF into EX seismo, SJC burn kick into Ultra for at least 600 damage. Fun times, fun times.

That said, Viper's shit does have big risk, you just have to develop your character to the point where you know all the punishes and option selects and quirks to counter her advances.

Robot Pants

Unless she somehow ends up behind you during your focus attack, then counterhits you with FFF into EX seismo, SJC burn kick into Ultra for at least 600 damage. Fun times, fun times.

That said, Viper's shit does have big risk, you just have to develop your character to the point where you know all the punishes and option selects and quirks to counter her advances.

Yea I'm getting better against her, but I don't get much practice. I only run into her every once in a while. I usually only lose to the ones that know what they are doing, though. I just was kinda taken back at the amount of time the EX TK had me sitting there unable to do anything, as she flew to the opposite side of the screen for 20 minutes. And still recovered faster. I just ask myself, "why is this so safe?". Meanwhile, I wiff an SPD or my Lightning legs don't connect, anyone with the reaction times of an 85 year old man or younger can punish me. Meh, whatever. I can deal with it, just doesn't make sense to me.
I also don't really like the idea of having to focus the burnkicks as a way to punish. I play as Seth, so if I FADC in the wrong direction, I'm pretty much dead. More so than I usually am when I make a mistake.
Oh the Seth woes. Still wouldn't play as anyone else, though. =)

rbrogue

Yea I'm getting better against her, but I don't get much practice. I only run into her every once in a while. I usually only lose to the ones that know what they are doing, though. I just was kinda taken back at the amount of time the EX TK had me sitting there unable to do anything, as she flew to the opposite side of the screen for 20 minutes. And still recovered faster. I just ask myself, "why is this so safe?". Meanwhile, I wiff an SPD or my Lightning legs don't connect, anyone with the reaction times of an 85 year old man or younger can punish me. Meh, whatever. I can deal with it, just doesn't make sense to me.
I also don't really like the idea of having to focus the burnkicks as a way to punish. I play as Seth, so if I FADC in the wrong direction, I'm pretty much dead. More so than I usually am when I make a mistake.
Oh the Seth woes. Still wouldn't play as anyone else, though. =)

he is like, one of the few characters that can blow up vipers burnkicks free. fadc forward > spinning pile driver.

also seths have no right to complain about anything. >8|

Wiseblade

Characters Never Allowed To Complain About Anything, Ever

Abel
Akuma
Balrog
Blanka
Cammy
Cody
C.Viper
Dhalsim
Fei Long
Guy
Ibuki
Ken
Makoto
M.Bison
Rose
Rufus
Ryu
Sagat
Seth
Yang
Yun

rbrogue

Characters Never Allowed To Complain About Anything, Ever

Abel
Akuma
Balrog
Blanka
Cammy
Cody
C.Viper
Dhalsim
El Fuerte
Fei Long
Guy
Ibuki
Ken
Makoto
M.Bison
Rose
Rufus
Ryu
Sagat
Seth
Yang
Yun

updated.

My version would just be Seth, Fei, Fuerte, and Viper.

Fuerte mainly because you knew what you were getting into picking the bad side of derp tier.

Fosh

Neo Member
As Cammy, I am having a lot of trouble with T-Hawk. I think it might be one of her worst match-ups.

Spire blows up c.mk and his standing normals beat her standing normals. T-Hawk standing mp surprisingly beats c.mk and st mk/st jab. Ill have to test her st.HK more.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
As Cammy, I am having a lot of trouble with T-Hawk. I think it might be one of her worst match-ups.

Spire blows up c.mk and his standing normals beat her standing normals. T-Hawk standing mp surprisingly beats c.mk and st mk/st jab. Ill have to test her st.HK more.

Any advice would be appreciated.
If Condor Spire touches you on the ground and it's not EX, then it's a free punish hit or block. Also, tomahawk really isn't that good of a reversal so if you pressure him without being on the ground when he wants you to be, then there really isn't much he can do except block or try to escape. As Cammy I'd imagine you can stuff Condor Dive on attempt with cannon spike and punish on block or whiff with spiral arrow among other things.

Keep in mind that T. Hawk's mixup potential isn't anywhere near as good as Zangief's and he can't take advantage of his extra mobility without exposing himself.

Top Bottom