• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Fosh

Neo Member
oh dang I didnt realize it was unsafe. I think I must have missed a punish once and then stopped trying. That changes everything.

USD

If Condor Spire touches you on the ground and it's not EX, then it's a free punish hit or block. Also, tomahawk really isn't that good of a reversal so if you pressure him without being on the ground when he wants you to be, then there really isn't much he can do except block or try to escape. As Cammy I'd imagine you can stuff Condor Dive on attempt with cannon spike and punish on block or whiff with spiral arrow among other things.

Keep in mind that T. Hawk's mixup potential isn't anywhere near as good as Zangief's and he can't take advantage of his extra mobility without exposing himself.
Maybe if you're talking a point-blank Spire, but spaced properly, it's safe, and can even put T.Hawk at frame advantage.

Venfayth

To quote a friend of mine "shoutouts to being unsafe on hit"

I'm looking at you, dhalsim drill (and if the above posts are to be relied upon, thawk? :p )

USD

To quote a friend of mine "shoutouts to being unsafe on hit"

I'm looking at you, dhalsim drill (and if the above posts are to be relied upon, thawk? :p )

Again, that's a spacing thing, just like most dive kicks. If his hitting you on your shins, he's definitely safe, hit or block. I'm assuming you're talking about the kick, and not the mummy, which has a really shallow angle, so it's harder to keep safe.

Ryu's cr. HP is -13 on hit and doesn't have much push back so it's very punishable. That move was meant to be canceled into a special. But luckily most people don't react to it because they don't expect to just get hit by a cr. HP.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Maybe if you're talking a point-blank Spire, but spaced properly, it's safe, and can even put T.Hawk at frame advantage.
More like mid-range. Yeah, you're right, at max range it's safe but then Cammy has even more time to place a deep cannon spike that'll beat it clean(replace with dp of choice for other characters). You can also super/ultra on reaction and non-EX spire doesn't break armor. That's why I never really think of it as a safe move and forgot about the spacing bit.

Ryu's cr. HP is -13 on hit and doesn't have much push back so it's very punishable. That move was meant to be canceled into a special. But luckily most people don't react to it because they don't expect to just get hit by a cr. HP.

I thought it was to give him a normal to use for AA instead of just DP all the time. If its the move I think it is anyways.

Venfayth

The only time I ever really see it used is for cancelling into srk, like after a solar plexus strike, then fadc the srk into u1. Best combo ever!

? its +2 on hit and +6 in FSE
not factoring in the recovery from it(18f). she cant attack or block until she finishes turning around after hitting the overhead. its actually about 0 on hit as if you try to follow up anyone with a decent normal has your recovery time + your start up time to interrupt or if they recover from the hit before you do (and they do because lol hitstun) they may not be expecting to hit (mashing to disrespect juri's offense) but it happens and it shouldnt at all.

Joekage

Ggs to Lost Fragment. Makoto is something fierce. Couldn't keep up with her pace haha. Learned some valuable knowledge though, and also learned that Gen mirrors are the best mirrors ever.

Also, I never realized how far kara karakusa reached. I was stunned by the range on it. Pretty awesome stuff sir.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Ggs to Lost Fragment. Makoto is something fierce. Couldn't keep up with her pace haha. Learned some valuable knowledge though, and also learned that Gen mirrors are the best mirrors ever.

Also, I never realized how far kara karakusa reached. I was stunned by the range on it. Pretty awesome stuff sir.

ggs. Too bad about the lag. Maybe just my imagination but it didn't seem that bad at first. Those neutral jump hks into ultra that I did were supposed to be option selects, heh. Don't think I have an excuse for missing so many u1s after karakusa though.

More sponsorship news involving some pretty well known players. Infiltration, Laugh, F-Word, and Chocolo are being added to "Western Wolves" which is a subdivision of Low Land Lions. Ryan Hart is also on board, but he's looking to take more of a managerial role a la Gootecks(and Mike to I guess) rather then being a player.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/10/inf...ded-to-western-wolves-fighting-game-division/

Makes me wonder again about Poongko. He's easily the best player out there when you combine skill and notoriety. Right now he's with Total Heads which is as far as I could tell is just a crew or a team but not a true sponsor. You figure after his performance at SS 2K11 and EVO that someone would want to scoop him up, but he still remains a free agent I guess.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I came across the most realistic Chun Li statue ever. Maybe too realistic. I didn't have $600 on me otherwise I would have bought it and probably did something really crazy to give it out.

NdAYs.jpg

Venfayth

I only know one way to play Deejay, because it happened to me (and I may have rage quit)

Step one: Land a cr.mk
Step two: ambiguous crossup with j.mk
Step three: cr.lp x2 > cr.mk

Rinse and repeat

Throw in tick throws, AA with his flash kick and zone with his sonic boom, best character ever.

I only know one way to play Deejay, because it happened to me (and I may have rage quit)

Step one: Land a cr.mk
Step two: ambiguous crossup with j.mk
Step three: cr.lp x2 > cr.mk

Rinse and repeat

Throw in tick throws, AA with his flash kick and zone with his sonic boom, best character ever.

Secret A tier? Don't tell Threi.

Top Bottom