• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

I only know one way to play Deejay, because it happened to me (and I may have rage quit)

Step one: Land a cr.mk
Step two: ambiguous crossup with j.mk
Step three: cr.lp x2 > cr.mk

Rinse and repeat

Throw in tick throws, AA with his flash kick and zone with his sonic boom, best character ever.

Thats funny I keep on trying to combo to cr.mp xx mgu. No wonder I don't see much success with him online anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adQtvDLGzw4&feature=player_embedded#!

new to dudley in 2012, I wonder if this is exclusive to ibuki.

hsWBb.gif

I only know one way to play Deejay, because it happened to me (and I may have rage quit)

Rinse and repeat

Throw in tick throws, AA with his flash kick and zone with his sonic boom, best character ever.

you forgot gdlk kneeshot!

edit: this is exactly how i play with deejay lol although i will combo cr.mp > ex mgu > ex horizontal kicks from time to time

Robot Pants

So I took your advice about not losing, and went from B ranked 4500 BP ( wtf......) all the way to 6500 in a day or so.
Thanks, GAF! =)

Threi

notag

Rinse and repeat

gunna have to do this more...too bad i drop c.lp > c.mk about 80% of the time :(

El Sloth

Banned
I wonder if anyone is interested in a more journalist approach to covering the FGC. I know a few nationally known players, would anyone be interested in reading some kind of article about the FGC in the, relative, Middle of Nowhere, USA?
Honestly, I wouldn't mind hearing about any of the other communities that aren't in the West or East coast.

Rinse and repeat

lmao! Saw a 13000PP Dee Jay just yesterday who's entire game was this.

Got a quick question on the PC version of Arcade Edition for you Street Fighter folks.

I might have a line on getting the PC version for kinda cheap, and I was wondering how the community / player count is on it? My thought would be that it would have a pretty low player count and at least a fair bit of input cheating going on (too easy to set up autohotkey versus some type of programmable pad on the 360). But maybe I'm doing it a disservice. Are there plenty of players and good connections on it?

Izuna

Banned
Got a quick question on the PC version of Arcade Edition for you Street Fighter folks.

I might have a line on getting the PC version for kinda cheap, and I was wondering how the community / player count is on it? My thought would be that it would have a pretty low player count and at least a fair bit of input cheating going on (too easy to set up autohotkey versus some type of programmable pad on the 360). But maybe I'm doing it a disservice. Are there plenty of players and good connections on it?

I've reached 6kPP and I've NEVER come across anyone using macros. Not even sure if that'd help anyone in an SF match anyway. Only cheaters I've found is one case of someone using both Ultra Combos in the same match (though he's banned afaik), and another who's PC is so bad it runs at like 5fps.

Other than that it's just like Xbox LIVE without the ver.2012 patch. Oh and a lot of people pick Training Stage. I'd say the connections between players is a bit better. I've played vs. Canada on PC and on Xbox 360 and it's slightly better on PC.

Fosh

Neo Member

Ive found the connections to be better. There arent as many as available matches on my queues but all of the ones that are available are good connections and I dont get the "unable to connect" error nearly as much as XBL. I would say that the effective match availability is probably about the same.

Around each PP range you will get used to seeing the same people a lot.

I personally cant wait for the 2012 patch on PC and then I probably wont play my xbox version.

jlai

Competition is weaker in general on PC.

Izuna

Banned
I've enjoyed your vids so far man, keep making them. I'm very interested in analysis of high level play, myself.

Thanks it's good to hear that. gootecks had posted the first vid on the CC facebook page, but I just don't get why EventHubs would ask for better quality video/audio, then not post the second episode which was direct feed. =P

The more exposure it gets, the better people I can get on it. Ryan Hart is interested in being in it, but if it gets sub-200 views he's not going to bother

Joekage

Poongko vs Daigo evo 2011.

I felt that Fuudo vs Poongko was a much more entertaining match. Daigo got exposed sure, but Fuudo's option selects and overall reads were remarkable. But have to say, the hype when Poongko beat Daigo was crazy, being there in person will be a moment I'll never forget.

eissan

I felt that Fuudo vs Poongko was a much more entertaining match. Daigo got exposed sure, but Fuudo's option selects and overall reads were remarkable. But have to say, the hype when Poongko beat Daigo was crazy, being there in person will be a moment I'll never forget.

x2, I lost my voice in that match haha! freaking awesome...hopefully I'll get to do it all over again this year!

Joekage

You know, mike listens to his opponent's buttons for those punishes, it's not psychic. It was in the commercial.

Most players listen subconsciously to other players buttons. Many top players use techniques to throw off people who do that though. Sanford and Justin Wong and Yipes are players I know who press multiple buttons and use non-working macro buttons to throw off players who might be listening for button presses.

To be fair, Mike Ross, even if he did listen to Momochi's button presses, still had to react to a non fake rock, and also made that incredible read for backdash with the Ultra punish. So still amazing nonetheless lol

vulva

Next EVO, I better be able to atleast give you a high five. I was sort of upset I missed you this time.

Joekage

Next EVO, I better be able to atleast give you a high five. I was sort of upset I missed you this time.

Definitely man. I was everywhere and crazy busy last EVO so I'm not surprised I didn't get to see you :(. We should definitely get a SF GAF meetup going this year. Can't wait!

Top Bottom