• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Threi

notag
I felt that Fuudo vs Poongko was a much more entertaining match. Daigo got exposed sure, but Fuudo's option selects and overall reads were remarkable. But have to say, the hype when Poongko beat Daigo was crazy, being there in person will be a moment I'll never forget.

Reason i chose poongko vs daigo was because of the pure wtfness of it. It was known that poongko had a high chance of winning the set, but im sure everyone thought that it at the very least wouldn't be free, considering its daigo.

then he got blown the fuck up.

I felt that Fuudo vs Poongko was a much more entertaining match. Daigo got exposed sure, but Fuudo's option selects and overall reads were remarkable. But have to say, the hype when Poongko beat Daigo was crazy, being there in person will be a moment I'll never forget.

I'll go with this to as the better match and my match of the year. I was at EVO and saw those matches live, Daigo getting blown up was a shocker, but the Fuudo/Poongko match was very exciting. One of the best feelings I had was when he landed the OS Ultra to finish Poongko near the corner. When the Ultra animation came up, the entire room exploded because almost everyone in the audience knew what just happened and it felt great to be part of that experience.

Gegz

Banned

ZlCrr.gif

I'll go with this to as the better match and my match of the year. I was at EVO and saw those matches live, Daigo getting blown up was a shocker, but the Fuudo/Poongko match was very exciting. One of the best feelings I had was when he landed the OS Ultra to finish Poongko near the corner. When the Ultra animation came up, the entire room exploded because almost everyone in the audience knew what just happened and it felt great to be part of that experience.

I personally liked Fuudo vs Latif, it was funny how Latif just kept relying on ex seismo and he got exposed, it was almost comical. I fuckin loved it!!

MrDaravon

So I picked up an Arcade Edition disc this morning to mess around with (I played Vanilla and original Super briefly) and I have no freaking idea what DLC I'm should get, there's a million things in the Marketplace and it's confusing as fuck. With the AE disc, do I still need to download these?

-SSIV Update Kit
-Super Tournament Mode
-Ultra Costume Catalog 1
-Ultra Costume Catalog 2

Also in theory if I decide to get all the DLC costumes, I would just need to buy the Ultra Complete Alternate Costume Pack and the Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack, is that correct? Man this is a clusterfuck.

Venfayth

Imm0rt4l

I think Gen has my favorite theme, I like goukens as well, but they just play a different version of ryus theme for him in vs/online.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Art's run in Final Round was the best. He had to go against Mike and Gamerbee. It would've been nice if he won a major but that cheater Tokido.

Kioshen

Art's run in Final Round was the best. He had to go against Mike and Gamerbee. It would've been nice if he won a major but that cheater Tokido.

That was pretty hype considering all the salt he was pouring while on commentary before that sequence.

Chavelo

>Release arcade version... for arcade, which actually runs on a freakin' PC.
>Release arcade version on consoles
>Release arcade version on PC... a month later
>Release 2012 on arcade... WHICH IS TECHNICALLY ON PC, BTW
>Release 2012 on consoles
"HEY PC GUYZ, WE'RE CRACKING DAT WHIP AND GETTING YOU 2012 AFTER ALL!"
>Release 2012 on arcad- wait, on PC, I think.

CAPCOM

So I picked up an Arcade Edition disc this morning to mess around with (I played Vanilla and original Super briefly) and I have no freaking idea what DLC I'm should get, there's a million things in the Marketplace and it's confusing as fuck. With the AE disc, do I still need to download these?

-SSIV Update Kit
-Super Tournament Mode
-Ultra Costume Catalog 1
-Ultra Costume Catalog 2

Also in theory if I decide to get all the DLC costumes, I would just need to buy the Ultra Complete Alternate Costume Pack and the Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack, is that correct? Man this is a clusterfuck.
With the AE disk, all you really need to do is pop it in and let it update to 2012 and you're essentially set.

The Update Kit is for Super players, and the Costume Catalogs are there to download if you want to have the new alt costumes that other people use visible in matches, otherwise they'll just be rocking default with a little flash saying you don't own this costume in the loading. And yes, if you want all the DLC costumes just get those compilation packs, you won't need the catalogs then to view the new costumes of others.

MrDaravon

With the AE disk, all you really need to do is pop it in and let it update to 2012 and you're essentially set.

The Update Kit is for Super players, and the Costume Catalogs are there to download if you want to have the new alt costumes that other people use visible in matches, otherwise they'll just be rocking default with a little flash saying you don't own this costume in the loading. And yes, if you want all the DLC costumes just get those compilation packs, you won't need the catalogs then to view the new costumes of others.

So the AE disc has the Update Kit and Tournament DLC's already in there? And yeah I'd be picking up the Catalogs at first since I'm not sure if I'm going to play this enough to justify actually buying the costume packs. I just wasn't sure if I actually did buy them if those two costume packs included everything; those were the only two roll-up packs I saw, but there's a ton of smaller packs all with different names so I just wasn't sure. Thanks!

So the AE disc has the Update Kit and Tournament DLC's already in there? And yeah I'd be picking up the Catalogs at first since I'm not sure if I'm going to play this enough to justify actually buying the costume packs. I just wasn't sure if I actually did buy them if those two costume packs included everything; those were the only two roll-up packs I saw, but there's a ton of smaller packs all with different names so I just wasn't sure. Thanks!
The Update Kit is solely for Super players to be able to watch replays with the new AE characters. I'm not actually sure if Tournament Mode is in the AE disc, but I imagine it would be. It was a pretty short lived mode in anycase and if you don't see the option under online modes you can grab it if you want it.

One last thing with the costumes, if you want all of them there's one compilation costume pack in the DLC for vanilla SF4 that's compatible with Super and AE. So there are three compilations total to get all the costumes.

Top Bottom