• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Venfayth

wtf :( nico!?!!!

I don't really understand. He took down the copyright footage when he was prompted to. Did it just not matter?

Some of the copyright bullshit Youtube pulls is pretty ridiculous, I've heard so many horror stories from people who've done nothing wrong.

rivals

Yeah, they pulled it anyway basically. It was done by nico's parent company. Zhi had some tweets about it this morning which are showing up on my twitter app but not on the site.

rivals

It's on my phone and my 'home' button is broken so I can't take screenshots. Here is what they say:

"For someone who strived so hard to bring Japanese footage to Western audiences, getting taken down by a Japanese company is ironic and sad"

"LordAborigine, Shin0Akuma, Ov3rHeadGreg, RIP. YogaFlame24 monopoly money time!"

"The saddest part is that Ov3rheadGreg was not in any partnership program and uploaded out of goodwill. He did not profit from his labor"

EDIT: Glancing at his twitter he has a back and forth with offcast about it too, but there's no good way to link the whole convo.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
EDIT: Glancing at his twitter he has a back and forth with offcast about it too, but there's no good way to link the whole convo.

0LCNM.png

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Yeah, Greg got his partnership about 2 or 3 months ago, he was uploading footage that wasnt his and profiting on it, I knew it was only a matter of time until this happened. Yoga was smart to stick to replays only.

Is this game still alive and kicking on 360? I finally got live back and wanted to buy this but I thought I should make sure that I'm actually going to find random matches when on...

Venfayth

Is this game still alive and kicking on 360? I finally got live back and wanted to buy this but I thought I should make sure that I'm actually going to find random matches when on...

Definitely. I can't remember the last time there was just no one playing. The biggest problem is when you get like 3 douchebags who can't connect to anyone but they just sit there and keep hoping that someone will join their game.

Threi

notag
just a bit of insight into my failings there:

ex dread kick is punishable by deejay's U2. Messing up the U2 input nets you ex mgu.

...count the number of ex mgu's after an ex dread kick.

:p

vulva

Got third in out of sixteen at a local ranbat tournament tonight. Very unhappy with my losses since they were against a blanka I've beaten in tournament before. Still it's a start.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
We're going to announce more details on the Mad Catz Championships tournament on Valentine's Day.

It's going to be a huge event!

Also, the Japanese SSFIV:AE National Event takes place on March 3rd.

I just got home and read about Greg's channel getting nuked. It's understandable but at the same time pretty sad to hear. He and YF24 were the 2 top dogs when it came to high level SF4 footage after ShinAkuma's couldn't continue doing it anymore. And between the two, I always watched Greg's stuff instead(mainly because his showed up first in the results). I guess this will just keep YF busier and that SMOAI guy who seems to specialize in uploading NICO footage. But really, couldn't they have just given him some kind of warning telling him that if he ever does it again then he's gone for good instead just nuking it when they felt like it.

Venfayth

I just got home and read about Greg's channel getting nuked. It's understandable but at the same time pretty sad to hear. He and YF24 were the 2 top dogs when it came to high level SF4 footage after ShinAkuma's couldn't continue doing it anymore. And between the two, I always watched Greg's stuff instead(mainly because his showed up first in the results). I guess this will just keep YF busier and that SMOAI guy who seems to specialize in uploading NICO footage. But really, couldn't they have just given him some kind of warning telling him that if he ever does it again then he's gone for good instead just nuking it when they felt like it.

One youtuber I used to watch talked constantly about how he was afraid to put up any video even with samples of copyrighted material in it, because you can be taken down on your first violation permanently.

Top Bottom