• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I feel excluded in the SF community... I'm sure bullying is against the neogaf ToS.

Stop it.
Stop.

Playing him is like making beef jerky.

It saps the life out of you, and it makes you salty.

5890-96592-dhalsimblankajpg-468x.jpg

Yup. Either you are giving salt or you are eating it.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Would Seth eventually have been banned in tournament play? He wasn't playable in the arcade game.

Didn't stop EVO from allowing all characters for vanilla SFIV.

I felt bad for the Japanese players that came out for that event only to get owned by Cammy; oh well, they knew that coming in.

That and a slew of other bullshit lol.

RIP Ryu Super trap :(

I loved that trap, unless you had something like a EX tatsu to stop your decent you had no choice but to block on coming fireballs. I remember a guy getting cute and was focus absorbing my fireballs. I let him FADC 2 before I finally sent the 3rd one with a Super behind it. Unfortunately for him, he found out the hard way that you cant FADC a fireball and recover quick enough to block Ryu's fierce Super. I would never use EX meter, even when I had a chance to juggle opponents because I wanted to troll them with the Super trap lol.

As for Seth, yes I definitely think he would have moved up the tier list if we were still playing Vanilla. He was truly ridiculous with a better faster dive kick, better teleport, jumping stretchy arms, stomps with 1 million active frames, and both a Super and Ultra trap. But I don't see Abel ever making that move though. He was good but Vanilla Ryu, Sagat, and Akuma were monsters. Then you still had Rufus, Balrog and Viper that all could do ridiculous damage. The only supposed low tier that would probably moved towards the top is Cammy. All that BS from Super was there in Vanilla, she was really slept on during Vanilla.

Yeah it sucks to see him lose like that. But his biggest problem was that he kept falling for Blanka shenanigans on wake up and got thrown a lot. He also got thrown during whiffed dive kicks and DP>FADC. I guess he was messing up his SPD input. Too bad he won't be in the finals.

Yeah it sucks to see him lose like that. But his biggest problem was that he kept falling for Blanka shenanigans on wake up and got thrown a lot. He also got thrown during whiffed dive kicks and DP>FADC. I guess he was messing up his SPD input. Too bad he won't be in the finals.

Yeah, Poongko's timing seemed off.

And now Infiltration loses to an average Viper after picking Hakan.

Neo was saying in the chat that top 4 will advance to the main tournament with international players.

So the viper player, blanka player, Poongko, and Infiltration will advance.

So console tournament will be: Justin, Krone, Blanka player, Viper player, Poongko, Infiltration, Daigo, and Fuudo.

The Blanka player is named KimLegend and the Viper player is named M. Lizard, plenty of there matches can be found on youtube. I figured Daigo would get a auto invite along with Justin because of there famous background. Overall I'm really looking forward to this tournament. Hopefully Lizard and Krone can have a Viper mirror so one of them can be eliminated early, and they can experience the BS that other players have to deal with when they face them :p

Imm0rt4l

This may just be an online thing, but I hate trying to crouch tech against blanka. Counterhit bullshit out the ass. Maybe it's the online warrior in him, better to just get thrown/tech late.

Top Bottom