• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

LProtag

Kai said:
1428762691.png

What kind of sorcery is this?

Seriously is this your internet at home and if so how much do you pay?

Kai

InsertNameHere said:
What kind of sorcery is this?

Seriously is this your internet at home and if so how much do you pay?

Haha yah thats my office speed. My FIOS at home is about 20/20.... I have a question though....even with FIOS in certain games like SC2 or WOW I get horrible ping. Is this because of the way it delivers packets? Should I open up specific ports on the router (I am a noob)?

LProtag

Kai said:
Haha yah thats my office speed. My FIOS at home is about 20/20.... I have a question though....even with FIOS in certain games like SC2 or WOW I get horrible ping. Is this because of the way it delivers packets? Should I open up specific ports on the router (I am a noob)?

I figured. Also, I dunno.

I'm still envious because you get FiOS.

Kai said:
1428762691.png

LOL - that's my office speed haha.

My home speed (Fios) - should be 20/20. Last time I checked I was getting (25/16). I have a question though - even with FIOS in certain games like SC2 or WOW I get horrible ping. Is this because of the way it delivers packets? Should I open up specific ports on the router (I am a noob)?

I said gat dayamn

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My company internet is beyond godlike. I don't think it will even register on speed test. Something along the lines of 2GB/sec downloads and 1GB/sec up. There's multiple 24/7 Live conferences going on daily. It's a step or two above a T3 internet.

I want to stream on it one day to see how it would be like.

Shoutouts to Art. I finally watched his reaction to the picture I made for him yesterday. :)

zlatko

Banned
I dream of the day when all the internets of the world will have that 2GB/sec holy shit tier Kadey speaks of. We'll be playing Street Fighter 6 or 7, and we'll all still be free. :(

Invisible_Insane said:
Pretty impressive field.

So those are all who won the fan votes? Momochi should be in it. I can't remember how many others will enter through a tourney. Really hope Iyo and Mago make it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's just the fastest internet technology that I know of. Not for commercial use obviously. Or even business. It just exists.

I highly doubt we'll see anything along that line for decades. But yeah, the kids of the future will be looking back and laughing at the fastest available now. I remember when we all thought tier one cable broadband was the thing.

Anybody remember those long nights with a 56k modem on AOL? LOL. It took like 15 minutes to download one damn 3mb song. And those mass emails. God.

zlatko

Banned
Kadey said:
It's just the fastest internet technology that I know of. Not for commercial use obviously. Or even business. It just exists.

I highly doubt we'll see anything along that line for decades. But yeah, the kids of the future will be looking back and laughing at the fastest available now. I remember when we all thought tier one cable broadband was the thing.

Anybody remember those long nights with a 56k modem on AOL? LOL. It took like 15 minutes to download one damn 3mb song. And those mass emails. God.

Shout outs to Net Zero, and for those of you dial up users of yesteryear here's a treat for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1px7rg3Itc

LProtag

Kadey said:

Yeah. Though, this thread makes me feel like I'm stuck in an archaic time as well.

@zlatko did you find any success with a metronome based combo practice? I tried to find an app on the iTouch for a metronome that did 1/30 of a second with no success.

zlatko

Banned
MiniBossBattle said:
@zlatko did you find any success with a metronome based combo practice? I tried to find an app on the iTouch for a metronome that did 1/30 of a second with no success.

I never ended up doing it. I came here to see if it had any success to begin with, and since it's never brought up I just figured I'd be better off grinding out combos in practice mode. :(

I'm probably going to go back and rewatch the vesper arcade tutorials for a third time and get into a serious grind mode for plinking. At the same time I don't see much of my hours going into SF4 as the future comes.

So many games:

SF3, Deus Ex, Gears of War 3, Resistance 3, Battlefield 3, King of Fighters 13, Dark Souls, Skyrim, MGS HD Collection, Uncharted 3, and so on and so forth.

My go to fighter this year and the one I want to get super good at will be KoF13. I'll still play SF4 here and there, but I feel its time for me where its the only fighter I wanted anything to do with on a regular basis is going to come to an end. TTT2 next year along with SkullGirls has me hyped too.

If my execution is still lacking in those future games, then I'll give the metronome thing a go for sure. Let me know if you do it and see results though, as I'd jump ship for trying it too. :p

LProtag

Just upgraded my internet to hopefully get up to 6mbps, but it might not take affect for a month if it's even available.

Hopefully that will be enough because it's as high as I can get.

Kadey said:

I remember playing door games on BBS's when I was in 9th grade on like a 1200 baud modem.

You couldn't download anything because it tied up the home line for too long and it was really damn slow.

Edgeward

KidA Seven said:
Daigo already has 3,500 followers on twitter. :lol wonder how much it will be in a week. Probably not even him.

Well, MarkMan posts on his twitter to follow Daigo @daigothebeast. So that's about as good of a validation for me.

Edgeward said:
Well, MarkMan posts on his twitter to follow Daigo @daigothebeast. So that's about as good of a validation for me.

I mean as in it's really him. It's true that it's his official twitter, but that is different from it actually being him behind the tweets. It could be shared in that someone will make the English tweets. Sort of like Ronaldo. It's his official twitter, but his pr team is behind the tweets.

Not that it really matters.

Kioshen

InsertNameHere said:
Just upgraded my internet to hopefully get up to 6mbps, but it might not take affect for a month if it's even available.

Hopefully that will be enough because it's as high as I can get.

Downspeed will not give you much. Look at your upload speeds and latency for a better idea if you'll get a good connection for matches.

USD

Finished watching the end of Guard Crush 21 a bit ago. Good shit to Chris Hu to making it to Grand Finals, Oni is such a tricky character.

Sanford and Dieminion have been dominating AE Guard Crush, the only ones they haven't won were the ones with big guest stars: Revival, which Marn won, and 18, which WolfKrone took. Going back to the first GC and counting only the singles tournaments, Kevin and Sanford are tied with five wins. Still behind Arturo's seven victories, but Art hasn't won a GC tourney in a long while.

The craziest thing though is that overall there have only been six unique winners, but when you cross out the guest stars (StarNab, Marn, WolfKrone), you're just left with Sanford, Kevin, and Arturo. I'm wondering how long it will be for another GC regular to actually take one. Based on performance, I'd say that Lincoln Morris or Chris Hu have the best shot. The problem is Dieminion, who is just way too solid. The only regular player that's been capable of beating him on a fairly consistent basis is Sanford, and they seem to go about even.

And for reference (runner-up in parentheses):

SSFIV
Guard Crush: Dieminion (Ryder)
Guard Crush 2: Arturo (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 3: Arturo (EvilRahsaan)
Guard Crush 4: Arturo (Min)
Guard Crush 5: Sanford (Arturo)
Guard Crush 6: Arturo (Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 7: Arturo (Sanford)
Guard Crush 8: Arturo (Sanford)
Guard Crush 9: Arturo (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 10: Starnab (Arturo)
Guard Crush 11 (Teams): Sanford, IFC Yipes (Arturo, Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 12: Dieminion (Aulord)
Guard Crush 13: Dieminion (Sanford)

AE
Guard Crush Revival: Marn (DragonGod)
Guard Crush 15: Sanford (Chris G)
Guard Crush 16: Sanford (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 17: Sanford (Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 18: WolfKrone (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 19: Dieminion (Sanford)
Guard Crush 20: Sanford (TPH Itachi)
Guard Crush 21: Dieminion (Chris Hu)

AE Japanese-Style
Guard Crush 20: Chris Hu (Rico Suave)
Guard Crush 21: TPH Itachi (Jeron)

MvC3
Guard Crush Revival: Chris G (Marn)
Guard Crush 15: NerdJosh (Jimmy P)
Guard Crush 16: Andre (MastaCJ)
Guard Crush 17: Noel Brown (Chris G)
Guard Crush 18: Chris G (Eddie Lee)
Guard Crush 19: Evil Rahsaan (Chris G)
Guard Crush 20: Chris G (Noel Brown)
Guard Crush 21: Chris G (DragonGod)

Team Battles

AE
Team Battles: Sanford, Dieminion (Jeron, DragonGod)
Team Battles 2: Sanford, DragonGod, Dieminion (Min, Arturo, AquaSilk)
_dementia said:
Hahaha, I remember watching that live and thinking that Arturo has the creepiest sideways stare. Way too intense.

LProtag

Kioshen said:
Downspeed will not give you much. Look at your upload speeds and latency for a better idea if you'll get a good connection for matches.

It's only .4 like I said earlier. The package I got gives "Their fastest upload speeds!" so I have no idea what I'll be getting.

1428987574.png

This has been my abysmal speed last few months(upgrading this week) and unless someone in the house is downloading or streaming I find plenty of greens and get mostly of lag free matches. Could be cause I live in Southern California and there's a lot of regional action though.

Since we're posting internet connections...
1429009647.png

That's honestly faster than I thought it'd be.

Anyways (man, I say anyways a lot, don't I?), two things...

1-How should I be pressuring with Guy's run->stop? That's one thing I haven't been able to do well so far.

2-Anyone wants to have some practice for the Gafbats?

LProtag

I am a state over from NYC so maybe I'll get some decent connections from people there.

Also I'm reading ping has a lot to do with it, and I've got a decent ping so... maybe I'll be fine, haha.

Chavelo

Jesus christ am I pissed off right now... Usually I get pretty good matches with my cousin offline, but why the fuck did he decided to go with a keepaway akuma today? He didn't win a single fucking match, but when he kept doing the same bullshit (jump away and hadoken, jump away and hadoken, JUMP FUCKING AWAY AND THROW PLASMA LIKE A BITCH) and not actually fighting like he usually does (his Sagat keeps away too, but at least he gets close and blows me up), I had to just close the AE PC window and told him to get the fuck out of my room.

You don't do that shit offline, man. That's for trolling online. >:-(

17815982_rage_gif.gif

Top Bottom