• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

gutabo

You can also 1f block unblockables.. lol...
That's exactly what I meant with just frame blocking. You have to do it the "right" way tho, you can't do it both ways.

But but he has 1-frame to do it. A Reversal will get stuffed or will whiff.
I don't know if that's the case with Ibuki's unblockable, but with Honda's you can actually do the SRK motion a bit before he's at the ambiguous point, get the stick to neutral and pause, then press the punch to always get the reversal SRK. It works because you're combining the SRK input buffer with the wakeup reversal input buffer which gives you a big enough window to easily get it right every time. Thing is(as you said), the SRK gets stuffed or whiffs and you can punish/OS that.

Good that he's got his priorities in place.

True but this also makes me wonder, shouldn't he have known this all along? It just kind of seems like he participated with the idea that he couldn't go even if he won because the winners will have to be in Korea for a few weeks and I'm sure Krone knows his school schedule in early March. Too bad though, there was over 15k to win if he took 1st in both tournaments.

jbug617

Banned
True but this also makes me wonder, shouldn't he have known this all along? It just kind of seems like he participated with the idea that he couldn't go even if he won because the winners will have to be in Korea for a few weeks and I'm sure Krone knows his school schedule in early March. Too bad though, there was over 15k to win if he took 1st in both tournaments.

I believe he thought they were going to do both tournaments at the same time and that meant he would only miss 1 week however since they separated the tournaments it meant he would have to stay for 2 weeks.

So after accidentally wiping my router clean instead of powercycling it, I managed to DMZ my PS3 while setting everything up again. No idea if it'll make a difference or not, but here's hoping.

Whoa, check out what Ov3rheadGreg said earlier

Ov3rheadGreg said:
Still nothing back from YouTube about the situation but it is irrelevant to me now if I even get my account back. People are throwing accusations around without knowing the true facts or the situation I was in. It is for this reason I feel no need to even continue spending 5-6 hours a day uploading.

I got partnership through a site similar to Machinima but smaller in nature. Whenever I uploaded a video they would automatically monetize anything and everything that I put up. There was nothing I could do. I emailed them constantly but got no reply or if I did it was a vague answer that never addressed the problem.

I got permission to upload godsgarden videos as long as I put links in the description. Since the partnership issue was not going away, I was going to spend most of February working out a system to divide the money I made to the relevant parties of godsgarden, topanga for their service. Money was never an aspect that drove me to upload. If it was, I would have set up a donation link. The real drive behind it was to create a single source that everyone can use to access good gameplay instead of looking about aimlessly for videos on different websites.

I apologize for anything I did wrong. If I was to start it over I would change alot but I can't.

I am however grateful that I met some wonderful people and amazing friends. You know who you are. :)

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...utube-channel-terminated.153440/#post-6445154

77LTBZED7A27LTY36SRX6BYOT373FMCP.jpg

2010: RIP Lordaborigine
2011: RIP Shin Akuma
2012: RIP Ov3rheadGreg

Will Yogaflame24 continue the fight to bring us great Japanese SF4 matches? Will this be a opportunity for less popular uploaders such as FinestFighters or MonsieurSqual(didn't list PSN uploaders since nobody cares except me) to move on up? Will a new hero rise from the ashes? Find out on the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
He doesn't have anyone to blame but himself for people being suspicious of his motivations. He should've known that if he took content from pay JP streams, players' personal streams, etc, people would've started talking. And I really doubt that he asked everyone for permission before uploading their stuff since he had a lot of Evo footage up briefly. If he planned to divvy out ad revenue with relevant parties and was having issues with his ad partnership, these are things he should've made clear before his account got nuked.

His channel was awesomesauce and I appreciate all the work he put in, but at the same time that doesn't give him a license to do whatever he wants. The shit was gonna hit the fan one way or another. But I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume that he just made a few bad decisions and didn't actually have any ill intent.

Well in other news, there is a SF4 stream tonight with a boxing/MMA card type line up. Instead of doing a endless or just one long set between a couple of well known players they have a schedule of matches. Some players you should recognize and some you won't. This is the line up with a couple of the matches already finished.

Main Event

RZR|Latif (Viper) vs. Weirdo Neo (Juri)
Co-Main Event

TFA|RZR Banana Ken (Ken) vs. Shinji (Viper)
Undercards

iPeru (El Fuerte) vs. shermayne (Yun)
jrose (Juri) vs. TFA|RZR Hornett (Sakura)
shikenotoru (Guy) vs. GOL|Toi504 (Chun-Li)
Mattikus (Balrog, Dee Jay) vs. Buksha13 (Vega) – (2-5)
FlashHouse (Blanka) vs. TEK|Genbu (Honda) – (5-0)

http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming

Wait, there is no Mr. SNK vs Strider in there, may be they're just doing whatever they want instead lol. So much for the schedule.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
All YogaFlame24 needs to do to stay alive is NOT upload PPV and other people's private stuff, he'll be fine.

Well in other news, there is a SF4 stream tonight with a boxing/MMA card type line up. Instead of doing a endless or just one long set between a couple of well known players they have a schedule of matches. Some players you should recognize and some you won't. This is the line up with a couple of the matches already finished.

Main Event

RZR|Latif (Viper) vs. Weirdo Neo (Juri)
Co-Main Event

TFA|RZR Banana Ken (Ken) vs. Shinji (Viper)
Undercards

iPeru (El Fuerte) vs. shermayne (Yun)
jrose (Juri) vs. TFA|RZR Hornett (Sakura)
shikenotoru (Guy) vs. GOL|Toi504 (Chun-Li)
Mattikus (Balrog, Dee Jay) vs. Buksha13 (Vega) – (2-5)
FlashHouse (Blanka) vs. TEK|Genbu (Honda) – (5-0)

http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming

Wait, there is no Mr. SNK vs Strider in there, may be they're just doing whatever they want instead lol. So much for the schedule.

Will give it a watch after WWE RAW is over for iPeru & that Dee Jay player....

Luckily I never relied on that, I still stick to U2 - good to know though.

knee

Well in other news, there is a SF4 stream tonight with a boxing/MMA card type line up. Instead of doing a endless or just one long set between a couple of well known players they have a schedule of matches. Some players you should recognize and some you won't.

I had the same idea, but on a smaller scale. I'm glad to see that someone's doing this!

I was a U2-only guy. But now I only use U2 vs. Blanka, Gief, T. Hawk, Sakura, Cammy, Dudley, Gen, Yun, and Yang.

.... I think that's everyone, at least?

Reaction U1 to projectile has been winning me a few more matches recently.

Izuna

Banned

I think it was timed late. You actually don't have to time it, you can do the U1 at the start of the Super and it'll just come out.

Though I may be wrong about it not being a true block-string... I'm so sure is it though

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I was a U2-only guy. But now I only use U2 vs. Blanka, Gief, T. Hawk, Sakura, Cammy, Dudley, Gen, Yun, and Yang.

.... I think that's everyone, at least?

Reaction U1 to projectile has been winning me a few more matches recently.

Well, I like to rush, so playing patient has never been my thing, so comboing into U2 or punishing with it has always been my thing with it - I usually try to pretend it's not even there unless my opponent really screws up and I work it in.

I think it was timed late. You actually don't have to time it, you can do the U1 at the start of the Super and it'll just come out.

Though I may be wrong about it not being a true block-string... I'm so sure is it though

Nah, you can do it at anytime before the final hit of the Super, but the stigma of Super into Ultra was always that it was a true blockstring, but I guess no one cared enough before to test it until that happened...

FFFFFFFFFFF.. Honestly with how much Capcom ignores DeeJay I'm not surprised. There's so many random flaws that he has that is very aggravating.

He needed some changes to be tournament viable but you know what we get?

zM9jw.jpg

ugh

Despite being the subject of heated feelings among many players, Dee Jay is none the less a quite special character in the Street Fighter series; he is to date the only character to be created by Capcom USA. All the others, without exception, are Japanese creations. His inclusion in Super has an interesting history. Initially, Capcom planned to use a Fei Long headswap for the fourth New Challenger but James Goddard, part of an R&D support group, contested the sketches and pitched a new and distinct character. His design, modelled on Tae Bo instructor Billy Blanks, was well received and so, after the names Mantis and JJ Bam were rejected, made the cut as Dee Jay, replacing the Fei Long clone.

He's american created so ono hates him.

This latif/weirdoneo matchup is very entertaining

It was, I was rooting hard for Neo so it sucked to see him lose. Latif did his usual stuff which was do a lot of unsafe stuff and he got away with it half the time. Fortunately for him, Neo's character(Juri) doesn't have really good punishes and EX seismo gets him a Ultra as well. So even though he got punished sometimes, that didn't stop him from constantly doing HP TK, EX seismo, and Ultra which won him a few rounds.

Good stuff overall though I hope they can keep doing this kind of stuff on Panda's stream. Meaning a fight card with under cards featuring more unknown players with a Main Event and co-Main Event with top players that we all have come to know. It's refreshing because I don't think anybody has attempted this format before over a stream and it's good for the SF4 community since the game hasn't been getting the spot light recently when it comes to streams.

Hey GAF, if I were to be a main event on Pandaxgaming card, who would yall want to watch me play against? I am almost 100% positive i can fulfill this request, panda's a good friend of mine.

Hey GAF, if I were to be a main event on Pandaxgaming card, who would yall want to watch me play against? I am almost 100% positive i can fulfill this request, panda's a good friend of mine.

I have no good idea or anything clever to say right now. But I will think about this and try to get back to you soon.

eh, Justin

fucking

Wong

He's kind of....really high profile? He doesn't play online that much and isn't as accessible as other online warriors :(

edit - talked to panda for a bit, we'll try to get me vs. mike ross or gootecks goin. Some other possibilities are iperu, snakeyes, shine, jrose, toi504.

He's kind of....really high profile? He doesn't play online that much and isn't as accessible as other online warriors :(

But Timedog is.

Or Combofiend. But he's on Dat Triple, so I don't know how much of a problem that'll be for Panda.

Scratch that, forgot that Combofiend doesn't even play online.

Farms, you're playing Viper right now, correct? Among those choices I'd like to see you play J Rose. His Juri was sick, he blew up TFA Hornet pretty badly. But if I were to name somebody else I'd like to see a top Seth player like Online Tony. Those two both have low health, great mix ups, and great damage/stun. I'd like to see them just go crazy on each other.

Well I just had a couple of unbearable matches with this guy. He shows up in my lobby with 2 bars, I kick him. He comes back and it shows 3, so I give it a shot. I pick my main(Evil Ryu) and he picks Seth. The match starts and he starts moving backwards and throwing booms. I start moving forward and realize that the match is horridly laggy. I had all kinds of trouble trying to jump over and FADC fireballs. He would just throw booms and wall jump out of the corner. And in typical fashion, he would mash DP whenever I got close, would do jabs into nothing, landed a bunch of empty jump SPD's on me. So in the end I got beat very easily.

I host again and he shows up again. This time I do a Seth mirror. The match turns into some kind of circus with both of us flying around the stage via wall jumps and mashing DP on each other. Except I could actually do combos(even under the horrid lag) while he just did jabs into nothing. It ends with me barely beating him with a empty jump SPD. He doesn't show up again. My guess is that he doesn't like a taste of his own medicine.

It amazes me how some of these guys are perfectly happy going around beating people under these conditions. They play under water and make sure they have the character best suited for that environment(in this case, a runaway Seth). If BP and PP were used in real life sessions, he would probably only have half the points he has now. But thanks to the conditions he forces upon people who play him with no idea what to expect, he's practically stealing it wins. I know, I take online too seriously and don't play rank, I get it. It just irritates me to have guys around like, they give other bad players a bad name. At least when I win with scrubby tactics, the game is either lagless, minimal, or playable. This guy and some others are flooding the stages with water before we start each round :|

Vice

Venfayth

Well I just had a couple of unbearable matches with this guy. He shows up in my lobby with 2 bars, I kick him. He comes back and it shows 3, so I give it a shot. I pick my main(Evil Ryu) and he picks Seth. The match starts and he starts moving backwards and throwing booms. I start moving forward and realize that the match is horridly laggy. I had all kinds of trouble trying to jump over and FADC fireballs. He would just throw booms and wall jump out of the corner. And in typical fashion, he would mash DP whenever I got close, would do jabs into nothing, landed a bunch of empty jump SPD's on me. So in the end I got beat very easily.

I host again and he shows up again. This time I do a Seth mirror. The match turns into some kind of circus with both of us flying around the stage via wall jumps and mashing DP on each other. Except I could actually do combos(even under the horrid lag) while he just did jabs into nothing. It ends with me barely beating him with a empty jump SPD. He doesn't show up again. My guess is that he doesn't like a taste of his own medicine.

It amazes me how some of these guys are perfectly happy going around beating people under these conditions. They play under water and make sure they have the character best suited for that environment(in this case, a runaway Seth). If BP and PP were used in real life sessions, he would probably only have half the points he has now. But thanks to the conditions he forces upon people who play him with no idea what to expect, he's practically stealing it wins. I know, I take online too seriously and don't play rank, I get it. It just irritates me to have guys around like, they give other bad players a bad name. At least when I win with scrubby tactics, the game is either lagless, minimal, or playable. This guy and some others are flooding the stages with water before we start each round :|

Thing that frustrates me most playing this game is something along those lines. If I win or lose while playing a match against a good player who is reading me or reacting to what I'm doing, I don't care. In fact, usually I enjoy those matches even when I lose because I can learn from them. When I play against a scrub who has one tactic that they repeat mindlessly, even if I win, I don't enjoy that match at all. I'll figure it out if I play against them or that tactic enough times, and then it's just frustrating.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forum/inde...tokido-starnab-ryan-hart.153709/#post-6444896

Has it been mentioned? Tokido failed to make the top 8 in the Germany tourney he was invited to. Is it time for Akuma players to hit the panic button and admit that something is wrong with him in AE2012?

Tokido is wildly inconsistent. Just a few weeks after winning Gods Garden 2, he went to France and placed 3rd which surprised a lot of people. He came to EVO in 2010 and looked horrible in several matches at EVO and during the Salty Suite. He can look god like but at the same time, he's probably the most likely of all the participants in the Topanga league to get random'd out IMO.

I hear that he lost to 2 German players. One guy used Cody, not sure about the other. Neither have made a name for themselves even in the European scene as far as I could tell. I'm sure if Tokido rematched them in a MM or casuals, he'd dominate for sure. But like I said, it doesn't surprise me to hear this.

jbug617

Banned
I never really introduced myself in this thread even though I posted a couple of times. I'm a 360 scrub Dhalsim. I can't really handle pressure and I can't even do most of Dhalsim combos. Hopefully I can level up playing some of you guys in the future.

Izuna

Banned
I never really introduced myself in this thread even though I posted a couple of times. I'm a 360 scrub Dhalsim. I can't really handle pressure and I can't even do most of Dhalsim combos. Hopefully I can level up playing some of you guys in the future.

Do you want to play my Ibuki?

Top Bottom