• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

southpark_nice.png

I suspect the answer is no but if I buy a costume pack for the PC version would it be unlocked for the 360 version and vice versa?

EDIT: And which packs do I have to buy if I wanted to pick them all up?

I suspect the answer is no but if I buy a costume pack for the PC version would it be unlocked for the 360 version and vice versa?

EDIT: And which packs do I have to buy if I wanted to pick them all up?

Nope. I had SFIV and SSFIV AE, and none of the costumes I had on the 360 SF worked on PC. There is a cheap all in one costume pack for PC.

Too bad Capcom hasn't updated PC AE. I'd much rather play it on PC than console.

Izuna

Banned
Congrats man, very nice job!! I planned to do the same for Honda(and have done 60% of it) but real life took over. I might use yours as a template if I ever get to finish mine.

Both Rev.1 and Rev.2 took me two hours to do, but Rev.3 (because I was working with my brother and had a friend do real proofreading) it took about two weeks. =)

Well I've started picking up Ibuki because of your guide. +1 for the ibuki army I guess. I can't wait for the next revision of your guide.

I'll have you know... It's been sent to the CrossCounter team. It's up to them now to upload it. If it does go up on 30th as I'd like, it won't be in the morning.

Hope you all supported downtown beatdown today.....we couldnt make it today, but wish we could have.....shoutouts to my good friends HiImNasty, Coriimon, Xray, Mine, SnakeDux

yesterday was winter supremacy in NorCal....FinestKO will upload an archive, it was supposed to be streamed but the venue failed to provide internet.

UMVC3 I got 9th.....and 4 of the Fresno crew Quicksilver, Blahguy, Negus and XsK Samurai made top 8.....as always dat norcal comp so godlike.....

AE I did good, my good friend XsK samurai won and I barely missed top 8 so many good norcal players too....shoutotus to our friends Mike Chow, Lamerboi, LPN, Crackfiend, Illiterate, El Cubano Loco for showin up and playin hard.

The Fresno crew wills see you all again at NCR....

-EC

Something I'm wondering about this, how exactly do unblockables in SF4 work? Why are they unblockable?

Also, if you're in a fight with someone using an unblockable like this against you, how do you recognize it as a player? On the surface it just looks like an ambiguous crossup, so if I got caught in something like that I would be thinking that I just guessed the wrong block.

If you don't know it is an unblockable, you will think you blocked wrong until you get hit the 3rd or 4th time, in which case you will perform a WTF > FADC > stick throw.

You pretty much have to know each one. Not that you can really do anything to prevent it other than avoiding potential setups. =/

Needs to be patched out imo. Unblockables should never be part of a fighting game except as a hail mary type thing or in SF4's case, focus attacks.

Izuna

Banned
Something I'm wondering about this, how exactly do unblockables in SF4 work? Why are they unblockable?

Also, if you're in a fight with someone using an unblockable like this against you, how do you recognize it as a player? On the surface it just looks like an ambiguous crossup, so if I got caught in something like that I would be thinking that I just guessed the wrong block.

Ripped from my guide: "Unblockables work because characters go into a blocking animation before getting hit, which slightly changes their Hit-box. The idea is that as they block one direction, their Hit-box changes so it hits on the other side."

One time I was playing as Makoto against an Akuma player. It was the first time I was getting hit by an Unblockable and it made me not want to play SF4 anymore. Another time I was playing F-Word Ibuki and abused the Ibuki Unblockable on him. I had to showed him the video as proof before he believed me, I got many easy wins because of it.

SmokeMaxX

If you don't know it is an unblockable, you will think you blocked wrong until you get hit the 3rd or 4th time, in which case you will perform a WTF > FADC > stick throw.

You pretty much have to know each one. Not that you can really do anything to prevent it other than avoiding potential setups. =/

Needs to be patched out imo. Unblockables should never be part of a fighting game except as a hail mary type thing or in SF4's case, focus attacks.

Unblockables can usually be avoided one way or another. Blanka has/had several unblockables and even WITH option selects, most characters could get out of them or at the most take one standing normal's worth of damage.

Agreed with that last bit, but alas, if it's in might as well just learn what there is and how to avoid it.

Ripped from my guide: "Unblockables work because characters go into a blocking animation before getting hit, which slightly changes their Hit-box. The idea is that as they block one direction, their Hit-box changes so it hits on the other side."

One time I was playing as Makoto against an Akuma player. It was the first time I was getting hit by an Unblockable and it made me not want to play SF4 anymore. Another time I was playing F-Word Ibuki and abused the Ibuki Unblockable on him. I had to showed him the video as proof before he believed me, I got many easy wins because of it.
Thanks for that explanation, that makes sense. It bothered me knowing that there were just unblockables but not knowing the reason why they're like that.

broz0rs

the results for Topanga league is so sick. Five players finished with 6-5 record with a Makoto getting top place.

not to mention over 700 comments on Eventhubs. lol

gutabo

Both Rev.1 and Rev.2 took me two hours to do, but Rev.3 (because I was working with my brother and had a friend do real proofreading) it took about two weeks. =)
Holy crap man, you write really fast! I always proofread A LOT because I triple check everything, english is not my first language and I'm obsessive compulsive like that I guess.

After finding a bunch of unblockables for Honda I see them this way IMHO: on wakeup, if you HOLD a direction even for a little bit before you can actually block(which 99.99% of the times we all do, 100% if you play a charge character) it not only changes your hitbox but actually WHERE your character is waking up for a pixel or two, making the jumping attack hit the other way you're blocking. That's also why you can just frame block them (you block at the exact frame they are hitting so there's no position change, altho you can usually just frame block them only one way), focus attack dash cancel out of them (this is easier because of the generous reversal input buffer -altho it doesn't officially count as one it is a reversal- and you can see the character absorbing the attack in one direction and dashing/backdashing facing the other direction) and in Honda's case this is why you see him landing as a crossup if they block one way or landing in front of them if they block the other way(altho this is character specific). What a long sentence! Just my two cents.

Top Bottom