• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Venfayth

Do you want to play my Ibuki?

5319d1290667566t-jersey-shore-tumblr_lovj8uz2ut1qdpuwyo1_100.png

edit: Actually, on that note, if anyone ever just wants to play fucktons of games, let me know. Send me a pm with your XBL, PSN, or PC info (can't do PSN till I get my new stick next week) and I'd love to endless you. I'm only like 800pp/2.5kbp with Juri, but I need to get better, so I don't really care what skill level you are. I'd be willing to lose 50 games in a row if you're willing to play me that many times :p

comrade

5319d1290667566t-jersey-shore-tumblr_lovj8uz2ut1qdpuwyo1_100.png

edit: Actually, on that note, if anyone ever just wants to play fucktons of games, let me know. Send me a pm with your XBL, PSN, or PC info (can't do PSN till I get my new stick next week) and I'd love to endless you. I'm only like 800pp/2.5kbp with Juri, but I need to get better, so I don't really care what skill level you are. I'd be willing to lose 50 games in a row if you're willing to play me that many times :p
Add me on steam. I have SSF4 on there. id: mikrosis

knee

Tokido is wildly inconsistent. Just a few weeks after winning Gods Garden 2, he went to France and placed 3rd which surprised a lot of people. He came to EVO in 2010 and looked horrible in several matches at EVO and during the Salty Suite. He can look god like but at the same time, he's probably the most likely of all the participants in the Topanga league to get random'd out IMO.

I hear that he lost to 2 German players. One guy used Cody, not sure about the other. Neither have made a name for themselves even in the European scene as far as I could tell. I'm sure if Tokido rematched them in a MM or casuals, he'd dominate for sure. But like I said, it doesn't surprise me to hear this.

He also won Marvel, AE, and BlazBlue at CEO2011.

Doesn't matter though-- all it takes is someone with a different style of play and next thing you know you're out.

Lol triple post.

Anyway, my point is, why is that bad news (if it was actually not linkable) if no other character can do that? "Yet another blow to DeeJay" yeah right. If you're relying on Super > Ultra CHIP damage, you have issues as a player.

He also won Marvel, AE, and BlazBlue at CEO2011.

Doesn't matter though-- all it takes is someone with a different style of play and next thing you know you're out.

Well I was only referring to SF4, I know Tokido is great a many games. He just has a history of being more inconsistent when compared to other Japanese Grand Masters. But true, I think he must have been surprised to see a Cody do jump back light punch on wake up.

Well, 'he' is me. I wish I'd captured it with inputs turned on. Dude started mashing the ultra before right at the point where one would cancel.

Tried it a couple more times and I think that opening is always there and E. Ryu starts up faster than Sobat Festival.

Probably has more invul frames as well

knee

Lol triple post.

Anyway, my point is, why is that bad news (if it was actually not linkable) if no other character can do that? "Yet another blow to DeeJay" yeah right. If you're relying on Super > Ultra CHIP damage, you have issues as a player.

If it's there, you'd take it too. I'm just showing that it's not always there.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Well, 'he' is me. I wish I'd captured it with inputs turned on. Dude started mashing the ultra before right at the point where one would cancel.

Tried it a couple more times and I think that opening is always there and E. Ryu starts up faster than Sobat Festival.

Go into training mode and test for yourself. Done correctly its a true blockstring

Startup has nothing to do with it. If there is a 1 frame window, you can execute anything regardless of startup.

knee

Go into training mode and test for yourself. Done correctly its a true blockstring

Startup has nothing to do with it. If there is a 1 frame window, you can execute anything regardless of startup.

I did say "Tried it a couple more times", right? Heck, I provided a video. I don't know what more you want.

Some of the dudes feel like I'm canceling it late though.

Lol triple post.

I don't depend on it, but if its there why not take it?

I use U2 anyway with DJ

Actually his PS3 got stolen and he hasn't really been able to afford another one since. Meanwhile, he went in hard on Starcraft 2.

So that's what happened to Pandaman. I thought he just quit. Well hopefully he comes back someday, I still want to run it back with his Sak.

El Sloth

Banned
Holy shit, through a series of unfortunate events Mike Ross, who placed 7th in qualifier, has qualified for the LG tournament in Korea.

Dat luck.

Top Bottom