• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Yo is this a joke/sbo call back ? Or are you serious?

It's nowhere near as big a joke as a competition with over 20k in pot money needing 2 weeks to run through a pair of 8 players in a single elimination, best of 3 format. The 6 players who finished above Mike Ross obviously all though that it's a joke and that's why he's the one going.

Vice

It's nowhere near as big a joke as a competition with over 20k in pot money needing 2 weeks to run through a pair of 8 players in a single elimination, best of 3 format. The 6 players who finished above Mike Ross obviously all though that it's a joke and that's why he's the one going.

Not really. 4 didn't have passports. Combo has a job and Wolfkrone has school, so they have more important commitments. And, Floe just wasn't expecting it.

The format doesn't seem like a joke, just a very relaxed schedule with lots of opportunities for practice and sight-seeing.

Not really. 4 didn't have passports. Combo has a job and Wolfkrone has school, so they have more important commitments. And, Floe just wasn't expecting it.

The format doesn't seem like a joke, just a very relaxed schedule with lots of opportunities for practice and sight-seeing.

i wonder sometimes what popular players in the fgc actual jobs are, especially the older ones around my age (26).

like, combofiend showing up to wnf in basically a suit.

jlai

Was looking over the results of the LG Qualifier in lieu of this news and I realized if I had beaten Floe, which was definitely doable considering I had 4 rounds to close it out, I would've had Marn next. In the case that I did beat Marn too I would've been guaranteed at least 3rd place. Meaning I was 2 wins (1 round and then 1 more win technically) away from Korea. That's a bummer.

In other news, WNF yesterday had a ridiculous turnout. Something like 100 for MvC3 and 90 for SF4. I got there at 8 and had played like 3 matches by 1:30am and ended up leaving after being eliminated around 2:30. I don't think it even finished until ~3:30. Definitely regretted going being tired as shit at work now.

Was looking over the results of the LG Qualifier in lieu of this news and I realized if I had beaten Floe, which was definitely doable considering I had 4 rounds to close it out, I would've had Marn next. In the case that I did beat Marn too I would've been guaranteed at least 3rd place. Meaning I was 2 wins (1 round and then 1 more win technically) away from Korea. That's a bummer.

In other news, WNF yesterday had a ridiculous turnout. Something like 100 for MvC3 and 90 for SF4. I got there at 8 and had played like 3 matches by 1:30am and ended up leaving after being eliminated around 2:30. I don't think it even finished until ~3:30. Definitely regretted going being tired as shit at work now.

I stayed up to watch this and I'm super tired, lol.

jlai

I stayed up to watch this and I'm super tired, lol.

The good news is its all SF4 on stream next week and supposedly they're gonna try to make things more efficient, so maybe I'll give it one more chance.

CaliPower on SRK said:
Thanks for coming out strong last night SoCal! We had a crazy long night and what a way to kick off the 2012 Tourney Season! Next week we're going to run a new schedule and more set ups to help run the event more efficiently. Also, since we didn't get a chance to stream AE2012, we're going to feature it next week all night long!

El Sloth

Banned
I don't know what it is that Kiets does that lets his tournaments run on time, but maybe it's time he writes up a FAQ or something.

ok I've been away from SF for months, since AE came out. I'm about to dl the AE update for sf4 since its only $15, but first, there isn't a new sf game coming out anytime soon right?

jbug617

Banned
AE 2012 Patch Notes:

• In the Car Crusher stage, a bug that caused made it impossible to advance has been fixed.

• Against specific characters, a bug that caused Juri to pass through her opponents when they were hit at point blank range with close standing medium punch has been fixed.

• Against specific characters, a bug that caused Dee Jay to pass through his opponents when executing close standing heavy kick super canceled into heavy Sobat Carnival has been fixed.

• Against Sagat, a bug that caused Cody’s EX Bad Stone to miss when Focus Attack Lv. 3 -> Dash -> EX Bad Stone was performed has been fixed.

• In SSFIV AE, a bug where Dudley’s Step Straight caused an opponent’s hit animation to not operate as expected has been fixed.

I just got back from the SFxT fight club in san fran. Won 11 games in a row then got some food, came back and played a few more and left lol.

Vega is the shit, Law isn't very fun, poison is slow as balls and fuck everyone else cept sim and alt 2 ryu yo

Also, Toro and Kuro unlocked but no Megaman is such a troll

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
One day, Capcom fanboys don't want anything to do with MLG/etc.

The next, some of the same peeps act hella jealous and mad that MLG picked up MK9 and not AE/Marvel.

Stay free.

Westlo

Does anyone else think that the animations on the HUD (ie lifebar) look like shit? it really makes the game look really bad for me.

Like you'll be paying attention when you're actually fighting.... but I do agree they look shit. My complaint about the HUD when it was first shown was the 2nd player lifebar and those stupid animations on hit, pity they only fixed one... I mean fuck Capcom, call me crazy but I think we can tell when we're getting hit.

Westlo

Hmm I want to look forward to this game but VS-games are like kryptonite to me, are the input mechanics even remotely close to SF4? As in jab,strong,fierce, short, forward, roundhouse? Or is it like mvc with 3 buttons and they all act like kicks and punches?

Same button config as Street Fighter.
Specials are the same, EX is the same, Super is now fireball (or whatever) + 3 buttons.
MP + MK = Tag, no more dashing to cancel, never really liked how SFIV made their roman cancels so unwieldy, even Mr Street Fighter himself Valle had trouble with it for a year..
HP + HK = Launcher

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Same button config as Street Fighter.
Specials are the same, EX is the same, Super is now fireball (or whatever) + 3 buttons.
MP + MK = Tag, no more dashing to cancel, never really liked how SFIV made their roman cancels so unwieldy, even Mr Street Fighter himself Valle had trouble with it for a year..
HP + HK = Launcher

Oh wow, wasn't expecting this, don't know why I was 100% sure that the game only had marvel esque controls á la l,m,h. Might actually give this a go then.

Izuna

Banned
Hilarious GFWL Messages:

V.Y: (abbreviated Gamertag): :)
Me: "Friend Request"
V.Y: you woman?
Me: No I'm not.
V.Y: man ;-)

haha

cHaotix8

AE 2012 Patch Notes:

• In the Car Crusher stage, a bug that caused made it impossible to advance has been fixed.

• Against specific characters, a bug that caused Juri to pass through her opponents when they were hit at point blank range with close standing medium punch has been fixed.

• Against specific characters, a bug that caused Dee Jay to pass through his opponents when executing close standing heavy kick super canceled into heavy Sobat Carnival has been fixed.

• Against Sagat, a bug that caused Cody’s EX Bad Stone to miss when Focus Attack Lv. 3 -> Dash -> EX Bad Stone was performed has been fixed.

• In SSFIV AE, a bug where Dudley’s Step Straight caused an opponent’s hit animation to not operate as expected has been fixed.
Fucking yes to the Dudley buffs. That was completely uneccesary nerf to begin with. Glad capcom is fixing it.

zlatko

Banned
I'm probably late on this but what is up with Spooky's stream page? Usually you get the you must be 18 or older to watch, but now it says "this channel is under review blah blah blah".

Is the JTV Mafia out to rub Spooky out?

zlatko

Banned
I just got back from the SFxT fight club in san fran. Won 11 games in a row then got some food, came back and played a few more and left lol.

Vega is the shit, Law isn't very fun, poison is slow as balls and fuck everyone else cept sim and alt 2 ryu yo

Also, Toro and Kuro unlocked but no Megaman is such a troll

How did it play in terms of speed and overall flow of combat? I'm curious if it's still SF4 speed of footsies/mix ups, or if it's closer to UMvC3, or somewhere in between?

Oh and how was it execution wise? Did you notice shortcut inputs still being present?

Edit: Used the twitch link. It was weird.

Top Bottom