• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Venfayth

I remember hearing EX pinwheel could link into ultra in the corner. I guess that's BS?

You can FADC ex pinwheel into ultra 2 from anywhere, it is a new 1 frame link for juri, but fairly useless because of how difficult it is and how risky a whiffed u2 is.

There was also some conjecture about how people suspected the startup for u2 to be lowered by 1 frame, which would make fuhajin release > u2 in corner a 2 frame link instead of a 1 frame link, but that was dismissed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What the hell is a Canadian doing rooting for those Boston scrubs? Anybody in Canada should always root for anything NY, including the crappy Mets and Jets. That's just the way it is.

eissan

Rings? C'mon, son.

Don't make me bring baseball into this.

haha not everyone can have a 200million payroll for their players ala yankees :p.

What the hell is a Canadian doing rooting for those Boston scrubs? Anybody in Canada should always root for anything NY, including the crappy Mets and Jets. That's just the way it is.

FUCK THE JETS! I hate rex ryan and anything to do with football jets! Hockey jets on the other hand are my favorite team since that's my home town team :).

Also after careful review baseball is not a sport! :)

There was also some conjecture about how people suspected the startup for u2 to be lowered by 1 frame, which would make fuhajin release > u2 in corner a 2 frame link instead of a 1 frame link, but that was dismissed.

You dont know how much this infuriated me when i found it was still unreliable

Those were drunken tears...haha I guess that happens when you finish 2 bottles of goose between 2 people :D.

3 superbowl rings say hi :p we'll get'em next year after Brady divorces that twat Gisele!

giselle may be tom brady's biggest supporter. also lol at 3 rings. dont start that shit. just be graceful in defeat and I wont smush you with my thumb. I can go in really really really hard and be the worst fan of the team that just beat your team in the most important game of the year that I can be...but I am trying to be nice about it.

I love when online ryu/ken scrubs go for the ultra by mashing down forward waiting for you to jump in whatever. I do the mash df dance along with them to let them know how dumb they look <3

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think I remember PR Rog saying a little while ago that he was moving to Cali. Yipes is considering it as well. East coast on blast.

Glad to see Champ is putting those donation money to good use.

knee

Haha-- I came here to post the CEO 2012 trailer, but damn-- I'm already beaten to it and I just finished editing it this morning.

Either way, I hope to some GAFers will find their way to Orlando in June!

Robot Pants

I love when online ryu/ken scrubs go for the ultra by mashing down forward waiting for you to jump in whatever. I do the mash df dance along with them to let them know how dumb they look <3

me too. Also after a trade in the air, I'll backdash to see them crouching mashing jab.
So I copy them also. Oh, scrubs :)

jbug617

Banned
I know I'm not the best player in the world but what's going on with all the wake up ultra on XBL. It's like I know they won't wake up with it but they go ahead and do it.

Saty's response to my unblockable vs Dhalsim video

Satyamdas727 said:
Meh. I'll just focus dash out or mash teleport on wakeup like I usually do. ^_^

My response to his response. Did you really need to add numbers to your youtube name or did you just want to? Oh and yeah I figured you'd just teleport out to. At least I can punish that as long as I wait to see which direction you go in. As for focus dash, I don't know if I have anything for that. You know, I probably should have kept this secret and tried to surprise you whenever we play again. Oh well, opportunity is lost now since you know what to look for.

EDIT: I've done some testing Saty, both ideas are punishable. Focus backdash can be swept and teleport can be OS with a tatsu or just a walk forward sweep. Either way, I guess it's in your&#65279; best interest to do something other than block just to give yourself a chance.(yes this was copy and pasted to the youtube response to)

Zuly

PR-Rog moving to NorCal is gonna suck for us in Puerto Rico. He was the one that would bring the US tech to us on a regular basis because not all PR players travel constantly to US events. It was expected though; all of the best players eventually start leaving at some point.

This is what boredom does to you folks. I wrote a guide(if it counts as one) to Evil Ryu corner mix ups in the ER forums.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...gimmicks-shenanigans-etc.151632/#post-6475790

I went and tested out a couple of things on EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in this game. I think it took me over 4 hours to do all this stuff. So if Evil Ryu has you in the corner after a throw or axe kick, he can put you in a consistent guessing game with a cross up HK that will hit if blocked as cross up, j. HK that looks like a cross up but won't, or a actual cross up MK. Besides that he has 3 confirmed unblockables as well. So yeah.....I should probably get some sleep.

PR-Rog moving to NorCal is gonna suck for us in Puerto Rico. He was the one that would bring the US tech to us on a regular basis because not all PR players travel constantly to US events. It was expected though; all of the best players eventually start leaving at some point.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when players like Justin, etc. Start moving to Japan to get better. Fat chance, since there's no money to be made, but whoever does would be like an IRL Ryu except with video games, lol.

Zuly

I wonder if there will ever be a day when players like Justin, etc. Start moving to Japan to get better. Fat chance, since there's no money to be made, but whoever does would be like an IRL Ryu except with video games, lol.

Doesn't Air count as a real life Ryu?

I heard SBO doesn't even have prize money because some gambling laws or something, what's up with that Japan ?

Do they also not pay their Football(soccer) national league champion as well or is sports exempt from this ?

jbug617

Banned
I heard SBO doesn't even have prize money because some gambling laws or something, what's up with that Japan ?

Do they also not pay their Football(soccer) national league champion as well or is sports exempt from this ?

I heard that the game companies are the one who give the prize money for SBO and they get to choose how much to give.

K.Sabot

Sometimes I wish I could round up every blanka player in the world and put them in a shipping container and forget about them.

Sometimes I wish I could round up every blanka player in the world and put them in a shipping container and forget about them.

Blankas that don't dash crossup mixup are fun to play. Once you start hitting KKK I fucking throw my stick harder than EMP_Floetecks does.

Top Bottom