• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

TFA DeeDogg

Neo Member
Hi guys i am new to this site and just wanted to introduce myself. I would like to get some matches with you guys my gamertage is TFA DeeDogg.

Venfayth

That last round of Poongko vs. Fuudo was great. Just throwing out those DPs

My favorite part of playing and watching people play SF4 is when it's those total rushdown moments. Both players are trying to figure out how to act, and it all happens so fast. There was a few of those moments during that match, where fuudo gets caught out of position and poongko keeps jumping in, or at the end there when they were playing that wakeup game.

That was a really good match.

nHDR

Banned
I played a very long endless battle with this random beginner on SSF4 PC. He accidentally had a mic on and was so funny talking to himself so I started recording.

He falls victim to the Balrog "infinite". Also, Rog's turnaround punch instant KO might as well be alien tech to him. Very good sport though, kept rematching and trying his best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvzLw1jv6Ko
Wow, really? I mean, he had amusing reactions and all but this is just wrong. You whooped his ass for what looked like 50+ wins, and you were obviously trolling him to some degree because you exploited his lack of...everything. A complete beginner won't learn ANYTHING from facing a 3K PP experienced player. I'm especially sympathetic because he wasn't a shit-talker or rage-quitter.

Venfayth

Wow, really? I mean, he had amusing reactions and all but this is just wrong. You whooped his ass for what looked like 50+ wins, and you were obviously trolling him to some degree because you exploited his lack of...everything. A complete beginner won't learn ANYTHING from facing a 3K PP experienced player. I'm especially sympathetic because he wasn't a shit-talker or rage-quitter.

Some people just play to win. I don't really understand it either, you may as well be playing in training mode if you're beating someone that badly. My friend constantly asks me to play UMVC3 with him and then - after I lose the 30th game in a row, say I'm not having fun and I'm gonna play a different game - gets confused.

With that said, sometimes I enjoy losing a billion times as long as I'm learning.

But to each their own, we all play our own ways.

Some people just play to win. I don't really understand it either, you may as well be playing in training mode if you're beating someone that badly. My friend constantly asks me to play UMVC3 with him and then - after I lose the 30th game in a row, say I'm not having fun and I'm gonna play a different game - gets confused.

With that said, sometimes I enjoy losing a billion times as long as I'm learning.

I guess for some people, a win is a win? I think I'd be a happy person if I could place any value in beating newbies/little kids at games.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

I was watching TV while playing so half the time I wasn't even looking at the game. Obviously I wasn't playing seriously, I was doing the same thing over and over to see if he would react to it.

I'm not a strong player by any means, but normally I would kick out beginners so I can get even matches. It just so happened that I was entertained by him talking to himself, plus he even said he was motivated and wanted to keep playing me. I'm pretty sure he didn't know his mic was on because he wasn't talking TO me, which made it funnier.

Venfayth

I was watching TV while playing so half the time I wasn't even looking at the game. Obviously I wasn't playing seriously, I was doing the same thing over and over to see if he would react to it.

I'm not a strong player by any means, but normally I would kick out beginners so I can get even matches. It just so happened that I was entertained by him talking to himself, plus he even said he was motivated and wanted to keep playing me. I'm pretty sure he didn't know his mic was on because he wasn't talking TO me, which made it funnier.

Yeah I'm sure there was no true malice behind it :p

Just had a little bit of pity for the guy, and could relate to it a bit, haha

after messing around these past couple of months, i think i might drop honda for dee jay entirely.

8RClK.gif

USD

Winner's Finals starting now, Michael-tan vs. Banbaban. Bon-chan will play the loser in Loser's Finals.

Grand Finals now, Michael-tan vs. Banbaban repeat. Strange rules for Grand Finals. No reset rule, Banbaban must win 2 games, Michael-tan must win 3.

EDIT: Nevermind, they just reviewed the rules, and it is indeed standard rules. 2 out of 3, reset if Michael-tan wins.

EDIT2: They decided to go back to the original rules, lol. Didn't want to change the rules mid-match.

Banbaban wins 2-2 via the strange rules, wins trip to Shadowloo Showdown 2012.

Venfayth

Last night was fun, even if I ended something like 0-20 with my Juri lol

It's funny cause I was enjoying myself the whole time, and then I went to ranked after everyone left and started getting mad at the trollish shit people do in ranked. Whoever said ranked teaches you a flowchart and endless teaches you to adapt was right. Almost felt pointless.

Joekage

Sup guys, we got some top level action going on down south in New Orleans starting now. I know WinterBrawl is going on but during the down times, it'd mean alot if you support the southern scene's regional/major "Battle for the South 3" streamed by BoomGorillas!

http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas

Thanks guys!

Westlo

Yeah, I was rooting for BNBBN anyway, but with the weird rule set that put him at disadvantage compared to normal double elimination rules, I really wanted him to win.

I main Cammy and Ken... and really wanted Michael-tan here.. but after seeing how they tried to screw BNBBN over... glad he got the win. I'm gonna try and money match him @ Shadowloo Showdown so I can experience top level Cammy play in person.

Now only if Alioune can someone win a ticket to Melbourne...

So Shadowloo Showdown 2k12 qualifiers so far are...

Hong Kong - Humanbomb (Ex Australian)
Korea - Mr Lizard
Japan - Banbaban
France - Will know within 20 hours
England - TBD
USA - TBD.

Yo SF Gaf. First time posting here. I went to a small local tournament in my area yesterday. I entered Marvel and AE. I'm total ass at Marvel and didn't win a single game. I won two games in AE however. I main Dictator and lost to a Blanka and then an Ibuki. I believe I can beat those players if I work on the matchup. But a Guile player took the whole thing, and Guile's are just no good for Bison players. I might start working with Sagat, but I usually just like to stick with Bison since I want to get better with my main.

Oh and I find this amusing:
rainbowbis.gif

Yo SF Gaf. First time posting here. I went to a small local tournament in my area yesterday. I entered Marvel and AE. I'm total ass at Marvel and didn't win a single game. I won two games in AE however. I main Dictator and lost to a Blanka and then an Ibuki. I believe I can beat those players if I work on the matchup. But a Guile player took the whole thing, and Guile's are just no good for Bison players. I might start working with Sagat, but I usually just like to stick with Bison since I want to get better with my main.

Oh and I find this amusing:
http://upload.offensivex.com/images/rainbowbis.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sooyoung and a SF player? You have won my heart

Westlo

Thanks for the heads up! :D

Edit: some janky ass grand finals rule.

Thanks for uploading the vids, man Banbaban had a hard road, Dict, Fei and Ken twice, these matchups are even @ best. Good shit by him.

And that grand final rule kinda screwed over both players... looking @ the score of 2-2 that means Michael-tan was up 2-1. So while he lost the next game he lost his chance if it was a normally run bracket.. he would've been down 0-1 after resetting the bracket. of course if he had won 3-2 or 3-1 than Banbaban would've been screwed period

Poor implementation of rules...

Congrats to BNBBN but I really wanted to see Michael Tan win it. Really strange way to end there qualifier but BNBBN is deserving of it either way.

Black Vegeta, would it be cool if it was really late Friday night, basically Saturday morning? I work Friday's and normally don't get home till around 1 AM Eastern time. So that would still be 10 PM Friday for you guys on the West Coast. If nobody has any objections to a really late Friday to early Saturday morning(depending where you live) then we can do that.

Congrats to BNBBN but I really wanted to see Michael Tan win it. Really strange way to end there qualifier but BNBBN is deserving of it either way.

Black Vegeta, would it be cool if it was really late Friday night, basically Saturday morning? I work Friday's and normally don't home till around 1 PM Eastern time. So that would still be 10 PM Friday for you guys on the West Coast. If nobody has any objections to a really late Friday to early Saturday morning(depending where you live) then we can do that.

To be fair, I'm on the east coast too for the xbox side. I'm cool with the time and can make it work as long as we are done by8 am, because I have work at 9 on Saturday

Top Bottom