• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Congrats to BNBBN but I really wanted to see Michael Tan win it. Really strange way to end there qualifier but BNBBN is deserving of it either way.

Black Vegeta, would it be cool if it was really late Friday night, basically Saturday morning? I work Friday's and normally don't get home till around 1 AM Eastern time. So that would still be 10 PM Friday for you guys on the West Coast. If nobody has any objections to a really late Friday to early Saturday morning(depending where you live) then we can do that.

Yeah, that's fine with me. I'm open to either date/time.

Looking at getting my first Stick, any reviews on the Hori Fighting Stick EX2?

Also any idea where i could find a skin for it since by default its UGLY

I would advise against it. Fighting Stick EX2 are pretty shitty and a number of GAFfers including myself have had them stop working after a while.

Edgeward

If you want a hori stick you're better off getting the Real Arcade Pro VX SA. I have the ps3 variant and it's fantastic.

I main Cammy and Ken... and really wanted Michael-tan here.. but after seeing how they tried to screw BNBBN over... glad he got the win. I'm gonna try and money match him @ Shadowloo Showdown so I can experience top level Cammy play in person.

Now only if Alioune can someone win a ticket to Melbourne...

So Shadowloo Showdown 2k12 qualifiers so far are...

Hong Kong - Humanbomb (Ex Australian)
Korea - Mr Lizard
Japan - Banbaban
France - Will know within 20 hours
England - TBD
USA - TBD.

next sunday, 10am pst, @ uc irvine

that bison rainbow road gif is something else

It is quite hilarious.

I assume that most of you guys play on xbox? I play on ps3 and pc. Capcom is taking their sweet time with the pc patch. I would like to play with some of you guys but the internet at my apartment is shit, so I have pretty much quit online until I go back home for break. I also need to get a 360 stick, most local tourneys are on 360.

And Black Vegeta, thanks for all the content man and keep it coming. I subscribed to your channel today.

Edgeward

There is still a small contingent that play on ps3, but I only ever play online when there is a gaf lobby. Just twiddling my thumbs till two weeks for the pc patch

Edgeward

I don't play much of SF these days since I've been clearing out my backlog. But I'm always down for games. I do game a lot on my PC just not SF recently. Gonna return to it and FGs once I clear a lot of this stack of games. GT & PSN - Edgeward34

Don't expect much. I'm pretty free. >_>

I would advise against it. Fighting Stick EX2 are pretty shitty and a number of GAFfers including myself have had them stop working after a while.

If you want a hori stick you're better off getting the Real Arcade Pro VX SA. I have the ps3 variant and it's fantastic.

The only reason i considered the EX2 is because i can get it for £18 which looks crazy cheap, Its my first stick and its just to try a stick out and see how comfortable i am with one, SF X T round the corner is kind of the driving force for wanting to try a stick.

Edgeward

If you're gonna look for a cheap stick, find one that is easily moddable so that you can swap out the stock parts. Because cheap sticks are cheap for a reason. I would know. I got a Hori FS3 for $35 and eventually had to plop the money down for a TE. The difference is ocean wide.

Something like the MCZ WWE Brawl sticks, while ugly as sin are easily customizable that you can swap out for a seimitsu or sanwa parts. I saw earlier gamestop having a sale for them for about $30-35 earlier. Hopefully you can find one around that price as well. It's a decent stick as it's basically the SE edition of SF4 sticks which had favorable reviews.

I don't play much of SF these days since I've been clearing out my backlog. But I'm always down for games. I do game a lot on my PC just not SF recently. Gonna return to it and FGs once I clear a lot of this stack of games. GT - Edgeward34

Don't expect much. I'm pretty free. >_>

I'll be sure to add you and maybe we can play some games in the future.

The only reason i considered the EX2 is because i can get it for £18 which looks crazy cheap, Its my first stick and its just to try a stick out and see how comfortable i am with one, SF X T round the corner is kind of the driving force for wanting to try a stick.

I just decided to go straight for a TE and it was totally worth it. It will take a while to get accustomed to a stick, it took me a month or two after practicing. However, it has made SF and other fighting games much more enjoyable for me. I've had my TE for a year and it's still going strong. If you can, just go straight for a TE or other high end sticks from Hori.

Edgeward

For sure, man. I'm always looking to improve my game, even though I haven't putting in the hours to do so. Just hit me up on steam at Edgeward if you have steam when you want some matches. Since I'm not signed into stupid GFWL unless I absolutely have to.

kyored

Congrats to BNBBN but I really wanted to see Michael Tan win it. Really strange way to end there qualifier but BNBBN is deserving of it either way.

Black Vegeta, would it be cool if it was really late Friday night, basically Saturday morning? I work Friday's and normally don't get home till around 1 AM Eastern time. So that would still be 10 PM Friday for you guys on the West Coast. If nobody has any objections to a really late Friday to early Saturday morning(depending where you live) then we can do that.

Well I have to work Friday night til Saturday morning. What abut Saturday afternoon or Saturday night?

Imm0rt4l

smh @ this ibuki player on srk saying gouken beats her free because she can't run kunai vortex as brainlessly as she'd like to. God forbid you get punished for being predictable with a setup.

Threi

notag
smh @ this ibuki player on srk saying gouken beats her free because she can't run kunai vortex as brainlessly as she'd like to. God forbid you get punished for being predictable with a setup.

there's your problem

SRK Akuma and Viper players think that their char is like C tier

and then you have SRK makoto players

...oh god

Venfayth

How likely is this game to be eclipsed in the competitive scene by sfxt? At first it seemed like there was heavy criticism all around, but it seems to be getting a bit more respect now.

I'm pensive about it, but it will be nice to be around at the start of a major game.

How likely is this game to be eclipsed in the competitive scene by sfxt? At first it seemed like there was heavy criticism all around, but it seems to be getting a bit more respect now.

I'm pensive about it, but it will be nice to be around at the start of a major game.

This game will always have the international draw thanks to its arcade presence.

Stateside, I think SFxTK taking over this as the defacto stream game is a possibility.

SF4 will always have a strong presence until SF5 comes out. Even if there is a decline the game will still compete with UMVC3 and SFxT for number of players and stream time. And I believe it will still be the main game for the international audience although it wouldn't surprise me if SFxT takes a huge chunk of that. But no, I don't see SF4 dying because SFxT is coming out. CVS2, Marvel 2, and 3rd Strike all thrived individually throughout the early 2000's back when the community was much smaller than it is now. And I think the same will happen with the new big 3 throughout the early 2010's.

As for the little tournament I'm throwing. Is this Saturday night good for everybody? Please let me know or I will set that date in stone.

Venfayth

http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming

ultimate fight night tonight!

UFN Fightcard - February 20th
Main Event
RZR Latif (Viper) vs DRS NashFan (Chun)
Co-Main Event
Snake Eyez (Zangief) vs FreeJay (Dee Jay)
Undercard
Weirdo Neo (Juri) vs Get The Biz (Gen)
DBJoseph (Ibuki) vs Veserius (Blanka)
Zohta (Zangief) vs Tommy Gunz (Seth)
Prelims
Mike In Flames (Cody) vs Shike Notoru (Guy)
Geo Monstaah (Balrog) vs Shermayne (Yun)
Four Wude (Akuma) vs Skapoleon (Adon)

The current match is Shermayne vs GeoMonstaah. And Shermayne is accusing Geomonstaah of boosting so he called him out and Geo accepted. FGC, we know drama.

Westlo

Daigo gotta stop these random uppercuts... but I guess if he hits one amazing uppercut those 10 random ones that whiffed and he got max punished for will all be forgotten. still 2-2 though.

Edit - Wow @ the last two Daigo Solar Plexus drops... just wow... didn't even get an srk off, nothing came out after the solar plexus. Wow now he just messed up ex hadoken fadc ultra... he's down 2-4. Now is he going to pull a Chris G? (my stick!/too laggy!) Nope back into it after a few mins and now he's not even trying to link c.hp after solar plexus...

HeroMK

Neo Member
Daigo is really good under pressure. Was always down a game or two but when it came down to crunch time. He ran the table. Daigo wins first set 7-5.

Westlo

I can't believe how many times Daigo has messed up his Solar Plexus followups, it's getting close to a dozen, and the last one would've likely won him a second round but instead he loses it and than gets crushed in the 3rd. Now he just got hit with 5 overheads in a row in the corner, feels like I'm watching Nadel Vs Fed on clay and even though "nadal" lost the first set it doesn't matter.

Edit - Wow he finally hit it during the most clutch moment and than got baited going for chip and lost, this shit getting good.

HeroMK

Neo Member
I can't believe how many times Daigo has messed up his Solar Plexus followups, it's getting close to a dozen, and the last one would've likely won him a second round but instead he loses it and than gets crushed in the 3rd.

Yea...He should just rip the ultra after the focus crumple instead. The Solar Plexus HP combo has cost him at least 3 rounds so far.

Daigo getting steamrolled in the 2nd set. Mago leads 5-1.

Westlo

^ The worst part is that he's going solar plexus into jab and he's so unsure of himself.. that's it...

Anyway 6-1 to Mago, this shit looking free, Daigo needs to regroup, he's mindfucked period

HeroMK

Neo Member
Final set is starting.

Daigo: 6
Mago: 8

Mago is currently on a 8 match win streak. Daigo needs to do something fast before this gets away from him.

Daigo has managed to stop the bleeding and has ended the streak. Could this be the momentum change ???

Daigo is barely hanging in the final set. Keeping Mago just at arms length.

Daigo has tied the set after being on the brink of being steamrolled! 3-3.

Mago winning back to back games. Double Match Point!

Daigo saves 1 Match Point in dominating fashion. 5-4.

Daigo has saved both match points and he is hitting his full solar plexus combos ! Unbelievable!

Mago wins in a dominant display. 6-5. Match Point for Mago.

Daigo wins an insane last round to save a 3rd Match Point. 6-6!

Mago is not about to let this match slip away. 7-6. 4th Match Point for Mago.

Mago wins the match 8-6 in the final set.

BadWolf

Thanks for the updates guys.

Is Mago using Fei? It was pretty bad for Daigo against his Fei in Super. In Super it was:

Mago's Fei>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Daigo's Ryu
Daigo's Guile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mago's Fei

HeroMK

Neo Member
Thanks for the updates guys.

Is Mago using Fei? It was pretty bad for Daigo against his Fei in Super. In Super it was:

Mago's Fei>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Daigo's Ryu
Daigo's Guile>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mago's Fei

Mago is using his Fei-Long. A matchup heavily in Fei's favor but Daigo is making it not look as bad as it really is.

Well, he made the Sim/Ryu match look almost even at Super so it's not a surprise, but he really needs a pocket character for bad match ups, and yeah I do know about the Topanga character select rule.

Westlo

Remember when Daigo thought the F.SRK buff was shit? maybe he better remember that and stop using it on prayers even when he has meter to FADC.

BadWolf

Well he made the Sim/Ryu match look almost even at Super so it's not surprise, but he really needs a pocket character for bad match ups, and yeah I do know about the Topanga character select rule.

All he needs to do is whip out Guile.

Man HeroMK is making things sounds so hype, really hope this gets uploaded somewhere.

Top Bottom