• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Westlo

If I had to show one moment of the match to describe Daigo's performance.. it would be the clip of him doing Solar Plexus c.lp c.mp SRK FADC ultra and leaving Mago with a sliver of health.. and than losing. Easily the most hype matches in this stage of the tournament, hope people get a chance to watch them.

HeroMK

Neo Member
That was a great match. It would of been amazing if Daigo had pulled off the victory after saving multiple match points.

Friday's matchups.

Fuudo (Fei-Long) vs Mago (Fei-Long)
TBD (Fei-Long) vs Kazunoko (Seth)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Anyone know what this 12MB update for AE on PSN is?

I guess is this?

PS3 version

• In the Car Crusher stage, a bug that caused made it impossible to advance has been fixed.

• Against specific characters, a bug that caused Juri to pass through her opponents when they were hit at point blank range with close standing medium punch has been fixed.

• Against specific characters, a bug that caused Dee Jay to pass through his opponents when executing close standing heavy kick super canceled into heavy Sobat Carnival has been fixed.

• Against Sagat, a bug that caused Cody’s EX Bad Stone to miss when Focus Attack Lv. 3 -> Dash -> EX Bad Stone was performed has been fixed.

• In SSFIV AE, a bug where Dudley’s Step Straight caused an opponent’s hit animation to not operate as expected has been fixed.

Venfayth

Weird, those bugs were already fixed in the PC version. The Cl.MP passthrough bug for Juri being removed sucks. It can actually lead into some fun setups/mixups/resets.

jlai

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ghter_x_tekken,_more_25th_anniversary_details

12 new chars revealed for the now delayed SFxT Vita (Guy, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Sakura and Blanka join the Street Fighter cast, while the Tekken side gains Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong) and this interesting tidbit:

As for the 25th anniversary, we already mentioned tournaments would play a large role in the celebration of Street Fighter's quarter-century birthday. Now we can say we're working on a series of tournaments that'll take place throughout the year and end with grand finals in December 2012. This series will be home to $500,000 worth of prizing and feature not only Street Fighter X Tekken, but also classic games from the past.

I'm really excited to see how these tournaments will be structured? Which games will be included? Will there be payouts per tournament? Do you earn points or something that will decide whether or not you can participate in the "Grand Finals". How much is the GF pay out for each game? Will it be standard 2/3 for tournaments? If GF only has 16 or 32 people for example, will they have longer sets?

So many questions, I just can't help it. I've been waiting for something like this to happen for a while. Now that something substantial finally has happened, I'm really excited to learn the detail about this.

Wiseblade

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...ghter_x_tekken,_more_25th_anniversary_details

12 new chars revealed for the now delayed SFxT Vita (Guy, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Sakura and Blanka join the Street Fighter cast, while the Tekken side gains Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong) and this interesting tidbit:

Still no Fuerte?

iydhYSoOkbMhZ.gif

Edgeward

Goddamn, esports. Capcom actually went and took the plunge and a real huge one.

And DLC for consoles for SFxT seems a given. Just another reason to be hesistant on getting it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Take one step forward, take two back.

I think Min and Bifu are going to do Big Two this week since Sp00ky went Hollywood literally.

Bizazedo

Lol, why announce this ahead of the console release? Surely they're cannibalizing some sales.

Possibly, but probably negligable. Vita's expensive, at least this early on, so only the truly hardcore / early adopters would get it.

And these people are the same types who might get PS3 and 360 versions, etc.

Ugh, I need to start playing this again and work on my punishes.

wow Capcom went ahead into becoming eEesportsportsports

The classic mention makes me really hope that 3rd Strike will be in there somehow but it will probably be SF4/Marvel/SFxTK.

jlai

Yep, I'm trying to let you guys decide. If you guys don't start giving me suggestions then I'm just going to set my own date and either you can show up or you can't.

I'm hoping for Saturday as I'm busy Friday night. If the majority can only do Friday I can just drop out.

So is 2012 patch for PC out yet?

Man. Capcom really is lazy with their character assets whether 2D or 3D. The Street Fighter models are the exact same models in everyway.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rice.

Come up with a name for the tourney. Banner purposes.
All rules before hand. How this will work.
If I'm to stream it that means I would have to take up one slot.
You can do commentary if you want.
Lastly, make a thread like hours before it begins.

Rice.

if does as tournament mode, you don't take a player slot. You can take a spectator spot.

Rice.

SFGaf Fights for SFxT

or

Rice-Eater's Random Select Roulette

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If it were up to me, I'd name it Mongolian Dynamite after that one Hmong guy in World Heroes.

LOL at Bifu dislocating two fingers last night playing against me.

What's this GAF tourney? Is it for AE or SFxT, and are there still slots open?

Sorry Timedoggy, but you're too late. It's a GAF tourney I'm setting up on both the PS3 and 360 version of AE 2012. I will award both winners with a copy of Street Fighter x Tekken for whichever system they want. I'm using the SF4 tourney mode so only the first 8 to register can get in. It's also random select and will be 4/7 so people can have time to adjust to there character if they're unfamiliar with the one they ended up with. I'm using random select because I want this to be more like a lottery. Skill still matters, but I want to throw chance and luck into the equation like as if it were just a raffle.

Sorry dog, but I may end up doing more stuff like this in the future so keep a eye out if you're interested.

Kadey, as for the name and other stuff. I'm going to brain storm and try to come up with something by Saturday. Suggestions would be happily welcome as the only creative thing I've ever done is come up with this user name. As least it seems that way because random people I come across get a kick out of.

Top Bottom