• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Demon Flip Palm not being an overhead anymore definitely helps, as does faster startup/more invincibility on Hawk's U2.
The problem with the vortex is that even if T. Hawk blocks correctly he's so big and slow that Akuma can just keep him in blockstun without really giving him an out. Not blocking means using an ineffective special that will be evaded or just beaten.

Imm0rt4l

I can only imagine how shitty that match is or was. Akuma controls space too well especially on a big character like hawk. He rapes gouken something fierce as is even in 2012.

in sfxt I'm gonna pick a top tier. or at least play a rushdown/mixup character. I've been playing fei long, man it's so fun just pressing buttons, fuck.

The Hawk/Akuma match essentially begins and ends after the first knockdown.

Even though her vortex is nerfed in sfxt, I'm going with Ibuki. Might try out Gief if 360 shortcuts are still in.

I have no problems with that Evil Ryu match up chart for the most part. But some of those really boggles my mind. 3/7 against Blanka, 3.5/6.5 vs Yang, and 4/6 against Sakura? I don't see those 3 characters as hard match ups. I would even say I don't feel Boxer is a bad match up either. But honestly, I feel my character is being slept on. While he may not be good, I don't think he belongs in the bottom 10.

jlai

Reposting for the new page, looks like we're just missing confirmation for Eissan and Morro for your tournament Rice-Eater.

jlai
blackvegeta
kyored
bizazedo
gunbladev
goldlion054
axis (aka vex)
eissan (8pm est yes, 9-10pm est he is busy)

PS3
cloudius
narcosis
profbeef
immort4l
rickenslacker
kevo_huevo (may be a litttttle late)
edgeward

1330066037831.gif

Also heres the website to vote for who you want to be the fan vote for the 16 man invitational ST EVO tournament.

Vote Here

Reposting for the new page, looks like we're just missing confirmation for Eissan and Morro for your tournament Rice-Eater.

jlai
blackvegeta
kyored
bizazedo
gunbladev
goldlion054
axis (aka vex)

PS3
cloudius
narcosis
profbeef
immort4l
rickenslacker
edgeward

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it man. If those 2 don't answer then they'll just have to be replaced so we'll see.

Morris

Disco Devil

Sorry about the late reply, but yeah, i'm still in!

Need to get some training, haven't played AE in a while :(

jlai

Sorry about the late reply, but yeah, i'm still in!

Need to get some training, haven't played AE in a while :(

Everyone is in!

jlai
blackvegeta
kyored
bizazedo
gunbladev
goldlion054
axis (aka vex)

PS3
cloudius
narcosis
profbeef
immort4l
rickenslacker
edgeward
morro!

SamVimes

But what terrible Abel players were posting that the matchup is against them? Abel has a more ambiguous mixup and has to guess less times to win the round.

It is definetely not against him, but at most it's 6-4 for Abel: Fuerte's shitty hitbox make most of Abel's stuff whiff.

SamVimes

I agree with the 6 - 4 Abel assessment, but IIRC Abel has other combos that he can use to get around st/cr.HP not working as intended.

Even fmk xx dash st.hp (whick is Abel's bnb) a lot of times don't work for some reason, IIRC you need to do it max range like against Honda.

Everyone is in!

jlai
blackvegeta
kyored
bizazedo
gunbladev
goldlion054
axis (aka vex)

PS3
cloudius
narcosis
profbeef
immort4l
rickenslacker
edgeward
morro!

What the hell? I know I posted for this!

fake edit: aaand just saw the post a bit later that rebooted the list. Crap. If anyone drops for PS3, I'm down for it.

HeroMK

Neo Member
Mago came through in another tight contest with Fuudo. 6-3, 9-7

Mago then dominated Kazunoko suprisingly 6-2, 6-3

He's on a hot streak. He beat Momochi, Daigo, Fuudo and Kazunoko. Tomorrows matches are

Mago (Fei-Long) vs Uryo (Sakura)
TBD vs Sako (Ibuki) in the Semi-Finals

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Think I'm going to stream some Æ tonight. Watching CA is getting me all hyped for the game and it's a rainy miserable friday.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
74 wins in the lobby. I am exhausted. I think I played more games last night than I did in the last two months combined. Didn't even sleep yet.

And apparently there's drama behind Cross Assault now? Dun dun dun.

Was just watching FGTV, apparently a lot of players didn't get paid for DEVASTATION 2011, if anyone got paid at all.

I didn't watch it, but I had always thought something shady happened from what players said a while back (can't remember when exactly). I remember there being controversy with Jedi robb and was surprised people didn't go up in arms when IPL were able to use capcom games. Figured I remembered wrong since people didn't bring it up. Seems like that confirms it.

Man that's the first I've heard of it and very concerning since Jedirobb works for IPL and they may be the first league to have a crack at a Capcom fighter. Not that I think IPL would handle things the same way, just saying that would be really bad for relations if Robb left a poor taste in the mouth of the FGC.

As for the name and stuff, I can't think of a cool name. Unless someone else can we're just going to have to use a generic title. But these are my rules for the event

1. Using SF4 Tourney Mode
2. Random Select only
3. 4/7 Rounds
4. Coaching is allowed, you can choose to help or even sabotage other players if they don't know how to use the character they end up with

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rice give me the final list of players. That's all I need.

And something is going to be added to the list of prizes. I'll say it in the OT. :)

Rice give me the final list of players. That's all I need.

And something is going to be added to the list of prizes. I'll say it in the OT. :)

No problem, thankfully jlai did a great job of contacting everybody for me to confirm who can show up and who couldn't. Two last minute changes though, Lost Fragment is in for Biz and Hikaru in for Edge

jlai
blackvegeta
kyored
Lost Fragment
gunbladev
goldlion054
axis (aka vex)

PS3
cloudius
narcosis
profbeef
immort4l
rickenslacker
hikarutilmitt
morro!

Top Bottom