• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

HeroMK

Neo Member
Mago takes the first set from Uryo 9-7. Yet again Mago clutches another close set out. Everything seems to be going his way lately.

HeroMK

Neo Member
Mago is scary during these long tournament sets.

Yea, considering he's a really patient player that doesn't take many risks. The tennis match format really does suit his style.

Mago leads 4-0 in the 2nd set.

Mago steamrolling Uryo now. It seems after losing that tight first set all of Uryo's motivation went down the drain.

Uryo has fought back after being down 4-0 and has now saved 3 match points to tie it all at 5-5 in the 2nd set. The momentum has shifted!

Uryo random air hurricane kicks everywhere. He takes the lead and has a set point at 6-5.

Uryo has won the second set 8-6. What a remarkable comeback!

Final set should be a thriller.

You want to commentate Rice?

I am somewhat interested in doing it only because this isn't a regular tournament. So knowing what every character can and can't do isn't that important. But I don't have a mic so I can't do it anyways. Try to see if you can get another GAF'er to do it though. It'd be nice to have some live commentary.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'd commentate but I know absolutely nothing about the technical stuff of the game plus I'll most likely be drunk as hell tonight. If someone on each side wants to do commentary, you can state it.

HeroMK

Neo Member
Uryo has won! 6-3 in the final set. This entire match is a must see for SF4 fans. Sakura at her finest.

Semi-Finals: Uryo (Sakura) vs Sakonoko (Ibuki)

Winner plays Haitani (Makoto) in the Finals.

Uryo has won! 6-3 in the final set. This entire match is a must see for SF4 fans. Sakura at her finest.

Semi-Finals: Uryo (Sakura) vs Sakonoko (Ibuki)

Winner plays Haitani (Makoto) in the Finals.

Bah, I was rooting for Mago. Now we have an all school girls top 3 :/

HeroMK

Neo Member
Bah, I was rooting for Mago. Now we have an all school girls top 3 :/

I dont think we've ever seen that before in a tournament. The final 3 characters are all school girls lol

Uryo up with an early break on Sakonoko. 3-2. Ibuki vs Sakura is an extremely flashy matchup. Good show so far.

Sako wins 4 straight games on the trot to win the first set 6-4. Can Uryo perform another miracle comeback ?

Sako wins the second set with an identical 6-4 score. Uryo didnt have much left in the tank after his miracle comeback against Mago.

Finals will be Haitani (Makoto) vs Sakonoko (Ibuki). Takes place tomorrow.

USD

Well there goes my second FightPad (Xbox 360), same problem as the first, D-pad went bad. Guess that's that, time to either find an alternate pad; buy the SFxTK pad and hope it's higher quality; or say screw it and go stick. I'm sort of favoring the third option, at least with a stick, if something breaks it's relatively easy to replace. I just lost all my motivation to play though, and I was really in the mood.

Vice

Well there goes my second FightPad (Xbox 360), same problem as the first, D-pad went bad. Guess that's that, time to either find an alternate pad; buy the SFxTK pad and hope it's higher quality; or say screw it and go stick. I'm sort of favoring the third option, at least with a stick, if something breaks it's relatively easy to replace. I just lost all my motivation to play though, and I was really in the mood.

You could learn to play on a 360 pad or dualshock.

Nyoro SF

Sticks are easy to replace in a component fashion. If I were in your situation, I would go for a stick.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rice's tourney was a success despite the setbacks. We got it done.

Thanks to everyone tuning in.

Congrats to RB for winning the Live side.

Congrats to Ricken for winning the PSN side.

Archives are up for both. May want to look for the first match since there was a lot of down time in the beginning.

Live. http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/309783904#

PSN. http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/309789215

Hopefully things can be better next time. Very bad day to do it. Multiple tournies (Cross Assault, Box Arena, etc) going on and events not relating to the FGC.

RB and Ricken, PM me your addresses.

Thanks to everybody who participated and congrats to RB and Ricken for winning. Also PM me your addresses and state which version you want. I know which system you won it for but I'm asking this just in case you have both versions and pre-ordered for one of your systems already.

jlai

Thanks to everybody who participated and congrats to RB and Ricken for winning. Also PM me your addresses and state which version you want. I know which system you won it for but I'm asking this just in case you have both versions and pre-ordered for one of your systems already.

Thanks for running it and Kadey for streaming it. Damn you random select gods!

Oh man, I read 8-10 PST and was waiting for details or a PM... =( sorry for not showing up =/

I thought someone was missing. I remember Edge saying that he gave up his spot, then he was in it after all. Sorry you couldn't make it. I'll probably do another one in the future when major DLC hits SFxT so just be on the look out.

rbrogue

Thanks for letting me join in at the last minute rice/kd. First time I've seen the stream since the equip upgrade and it looks and runs fantastic. gg's, respec to jlai

USD

Sako is the Topanga League champion, beating Haitani 6-1, 6-8, 6-2. He takes home the 555,555 yen prize, which is ~7000 USD. Not bad at all.

Westlo

It was a pretty entertaining final even though 2 of the sets were pretty much blow outs. Ideally you would've liked something like Mago vs Daigo or Mago vs Uyro as the final but it was still entertaining.

Next week.. the Capcom national tournament! Anyone got a full list of the teams?

Congrats to Sako, I think it's good that a non-sponsored player won the the whole thing. Now he got dat fight money if he needs it to come over here for EVO or maybe for that 500k tournament series that Capcom is throwing.

Oh and RB, it's much appreciated. I go to local tournaments but I'm not buddy buddy with people there. I threw this because in some ways, this little community we have is the only one I've ever really felt apart of even though that my sound pretty silly. So with a new game coming out I wanted to do something for this GAF community. Next time I'll try to blow it up more.

USD

It was sako's influence that got Haitani to play SSFIV. Haitani bought the game the same day that sako won GODSGARDEN ONLINE #1, which was 2010 July 31. Not surprised that watching sako play can have that effect, he is always exciting to watch. I was wondering when Haitani started playing SFIV, I didn't know about him playing the game until the release of AE.

On a separate note, it's probably best for me to wait until Final Round to buy a stick, good chance there will be a promotion.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks everyone.

I noticed someone making a stupid comment in the chat yesterday. He knows who he is. All I know is that I do whatever I can for the GAF community. If you don't like how I handle things, then don't even bother with anything I do ever again. You're no different from the stupid stream monsters who thinks they are entitled to everything. I'm the type of person that may not say anything but I don't forget anything.

Rb. I'm going to need your name. Or a name.

Yup. Have been seeing a few videos... it looks damn good. Team Play has me excited too as well as all the possibilities. I am all in. I just hope the netcode is better than in SF and.... that it has replays. God please let it have replays

The problem wasn't SF's netcode, it's your ass tier ISP. >:|

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
is there any input/lag difference between pc AE and console AE? Offline that is.

Top Bottom