• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

MIMIC

Banned
Got a double perfect on a Viper ^_^ (only my 2nd double perfect on a player that wasn't a n00b)

You guys should switch to Fuerte. She's much less annoying that way :)

nHDR

Banned
Fuerte v. Viper is the definition of a no-footsies matchup. Its like Street Fighter without the Street Fighter. I can already see Viper super-jumping across the screen randomly, with Fuerte running around making his weird noises.

Shit's a mental asylum.

Edgeward

I play on both PS3 and PC, the differences are only noticeable on tight links. Otherwise, it does take some adjusting but a few warm-ups will get you back into things. Pros who use xbox run into to this issue multiple times because a number of tourneys use the ps3 version and they adjust fine. Unless you're Keits in which you just blame the ps3.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Speaking about input lag...

Played on a CRT. Holy shit what a difference :p

Yeap, occasionally I play with my mate on his old crt and it's amazing. I've been eyeing a monitor that people and tests claim has a 0.6ms input latency compared to a hypothetical 0 ms for a crt.

Venfayth

Fuerte v. Viper is the definition of a no-footsies matchup. Its like Street Fighter without the Street Fighter. I can already see Viper super-jumping across the screen randomly, with Fuerte running around making his weird noises.

Shit's a mental asylum.

I probably haven't played against a good Fuerte, but against online Fuertes the best strategy is to be as obnoxious as them.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeap, occasionally I play with my mate on his old crt and it's amazing. I've been eyeing a monitor that people and tests claim has a 0.6ms input latency compared to a hypothetical 0 ms for a crt.
Be careful you aren't looking at "response time", because it's not the same thing as input lag.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Be careful you aren't looking at "response time", because it's not the same thing as input lag.

Nope I'm well aware.

For example my dell 2711 has a "6ms response time" but actual input lag is around 30 ms which renders SF unplayable for me.

The 2312hm, with it's portrayed ~1ms input lag has around 6-8 ms responsive time and from what I've gathered a low input delay is what makes games feel responsive and snappy - e.g fighting games - whereas a low responsive time reduces ghosting and trailing but doesn't really affect things like hitting links and such.

Fuck I want this monitor already.

Shit's a mental asylum.

Haha this is damn accurate. Such lame characters :s

Venfayth

If anyone's not watching cross assault right meow, pandaxgaming's pandagon is starting up.

http://www.twitch.tv/pandaxgaming

Here's the card:

Main Event (FT10)
DBJoseph vs PxG Snake Eyez
Co-Main Event (FT5)
Weirdo Neo vs DRS Filipinoman
Undercard (FT5)
EMP Kreymore vs MellowEC
PxG Ike Takeda vs DRS Nashfan
nuckledudu vs FreeJ4y
Prelims (FT3)
Zohta vs EMC Tommy Gunz
KokoBananaMan vs DelfiNatoRx671
TFA DeeDogg vs Phaze12490

Edgeward

Never give up guys. Also any tips to upload videos to youtube maintaining the framerate? I lost half of it on that one :(

I remember the fingercramp mvc guide for babies making a disclaimer that youtube will force videos to =>30 fps even though it's recorded at 60. Haven't looked at the vid, on my phone, but if that is the issue, Im not sure anything can be done.

Edit: Saw the vid. Awesome comeback.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I remember the fingercramp mvc guide for babies making a disclaimer that youtube will force videos to =>30 fps even though it's recorded at 60. Haven't looked at the vid, on my phone, but if that is the issue, Im not sure anything can be done.

I've been reading and you are correct, apparently every video is converted to 30 fps >:|
I will try encoding directly to 30fps and see how it goes, thanks.

Venfayth

Those who have been eagerly awaiting the 2012 Update for the PC version of Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, your wait ends tomorrow. As of Tuesday, February 28th, you will be able to download the update from Games for Windows Live. Unfortunately, you Steam users out there will have to wait until Thursday morning, but hey, what's another couple days?

HERP

THE DERP.

Fuck GFWL. >:l

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Holy shit I found a use for Makoto's f+hk. It's easyish to whiff punish Tony Hawk's st.hk with it.

...I think I'd rather just dash in though.

Nabs

Online has been great on PC lately, lots of players around the clock. Waiting until Thursday is going to suck.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I wonder if they will have fixed the soft shading issue with this patch. In AE on the pc there is this problem with the shadows looking pixelated along the edges. Doesn't make a difference if you turn the option on or off.

Of course they would delay the patch even further for Steam users. Oh well, I probably won't be able to get on until Thursday night anyway. Looking forward to playing with some of you.

Lhexh

I am having trouble with Cammy's TK cannon spike. I can do ex no problem but for the life of me I can't do regular. It wasn't taken out was it? Damn I suck lol.

After 3 tries and no connect i gave up and that was 8pm....lol this game is dead, or a lot of people purchased it on steam, have to wait for them to get the update....

ulq7n.jpg

How can I do this? I can never do this because I always do the regular special.

Edgeward

After 3 tries and no connect i gave up and that was 8pm....lol this game is dead, or a lot of people purchased it on steam, have to wait for them to get the update....

Using same region and going on ranked I found like 9 different people, so it's notvery populated at least here on the WC but that was also when Cross Assault for going on and a little after it ended so maybe it's a not a good representation but that's just me being optimistic.

I hope it's more populated by tomorrow or Thursday because the connections are really good. Even with Cloudius in Hawaii the connection held up pretty well outside a few matches with weird issues. And sorry for not selecting training stage, Cloud. =( I keep forgetting that etiquette on pc.

nHDR

Banned
There is nothing I hate more than playing bad players in ranked with a charge character. That I actually increased my win percentage tonight is a miracle.

Using same region and going on ranked I found like 9 different people, so it's notvery populated at least here on the WC but that was also when Cross Assault for going on and a little after it ended so maybe it's a not a good representation but that's just me being optimistic.

I hope it's more populated by tomorrow or Thursday because the connections are really good. Even with Cloudius in Hawaii the connection held up pretty well outside a few matches with weird issues. And sorry for not selecting training stage, Cloud. =( I keep forgetting that etiquette on pc.

That was quite alright. For some reason, some stages didn't seem to run 60 fps in my eyes. So I hit training room because I know thats the cleanest stage there.

You seem to leveled up quite a bit as well. Good shit.

ggs.

Edgeward

That was quite alright. For some reason, some stages didn't seem to run 60 fps in my eyes. So I hit training room because I know thats the cleanest stage there.

You seem to leveled up quite a bit as well. Good shit.

ggs.

Thanks! Taking a break and coming back to a couple weeks beforehand helped me get rid of some bad habits and mechanics. Although they show up from time to time, it less than before and they helped today in slowing down matches and allowing me to figure tendencies and recognize spacing more.

I was honestly surprised I got as many wins I did even if it was with all your secondary characters, that would not have happened last year. So today was really encouraging. But Gen, oh Gen is still a huge problem. =(

Top Bottom