• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Aedile

PC is full of fraudulent 5k pp players.

All of them disconnect when I'm about to win.

FRAUDS

There's a dude on PC with 5k pp who does nothing but fail, then lag the game to the point where you can't do anything, then do j.hk to cr.hk over and over again. If you're about to win anyway, he drops. Not so unusual, except that I've come across this guy multiple times over the span of days, always doing the same thing.

And the lag on 2012 PC seems just as shitty as it is on PSN. Maybe it's just the small, spread-out player pool.

I don't see any reason to stop posting in this thread if we still continue to discuss AE and other Capcom fighters as well.

As long as people keep posting in this thread, so will I. People may hate or be tired of this game. But a piece of me will always stay with this game because it's the one that brought me back and although I do have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it, by far it's mainly love.

And the lag on 2012 PC seems just as shitty as it is on PSN. Maybe it's just the small, spread-out player pool.

I put together my new PC a few days ago. I've played about a dozen matches of AE 2012 on PC. So far most of my matches have been laggy, and it's not a little lag, it's unplayable lag. I just prayed for it to end as I was playing. And every person I've played has supposedly been all green bars as well so I don't know what to think.

So I was thinking about making a Super Turbo topic because of evo ST tournament. What do you guys think?

IMO I don't think it will get much activity. It'll receive a decent amount of attention during qualifiers, but there isn't much to discuss in between them. Most of us are not ST heads either so the general interest in talking about the game itself isn't really there. But what the hell, just do it anyways if you want.

Edgeward

That's suprising to hear of lag because I prefer the pc version because of how much better they are compared to psn. Even people who are great distances away and are yellow bar fair much better than yellows in Psn

Nabs

Hmm. If every game is laggy, you might want to check your setup (ports?). When I play friends on the PC version it feels great. I'm in the North East and can play people in Cali w/o issue.

I have come across people with shitty setups though. They'll start lagging randomly for whatever reason. I'm guessing it's intentional. Lucky for me, it's pretty rare.

When i am hosting on PC if your bar ain't green, KICK... I don't fight players in yellow only means it can get worst during the match...

First person to quote this with a picture of orange soda gets one of those free one-month PS+ codes from way back. I was hoarding them, but I don't have a credit card to activate them with, so I don't really care about them anymore. Giving one away in the Marvel thread, and another one here.

SF4 will die when SF5 comes out, other then that it will still have a strong player base for the coming years.

I share this belief. SF4 brought me back, I hopped on Vanilla and Ultimate MvC3, but Street Fighter's what I love.

I'm pickin' up SF x Tekken, but I'll still play this. We've got a couple years (hopefuly not a decade) until SF 5 drops, right?

First person to quote this with a picture of orange soda gets one of those free one-month PS+ codes from way back. I was hoarding them, but I don't have a credit card to activate them with, so I don't really care about them anymore. Giving one away in the Marvel thread, and another one here.

Rizqo.jpg

lol

10bottles.jpg

Edit: Well, damn

Xevren

Proud of myself. I struggled with some trials back when SSF 4 came out but eventually got them all. Decided to go through them all in my PC version and got them all in one go. Yay at seeing the improvement in my execution.

Proud of myself. I struggled with some trials back when SSF 4 came out but eventually got them all. Decided to go through them all in my PC version and got them all in one go. Yay at seeing the improvement in my execution.

I can do all the trials except Vipers 21st or 22nd. Fuck high jump cancelling :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to miss fadcing. Was just getting accustomed to Viper too. Æ won't go anywhere for at least until the end of the year.

MIMIC

Banned
That Street Fighter X Tekken game came out TODAY? Wow....I guess I really wasn't interested in that game :-/

But I still love SSF4 so whateves ^_^

Didn't the original SF4 PC have the same stuff as well ?

I remember Kratos/Sagat, and obviously someone had to do a nude mod for all the female cast...

Pretty much and yeah I remember the Kratos costume. One of the more popular fan made skin mods people have made. SF4/SSF4AE/SFxT all run on the same engine thingamagig so transporting costumes over each other was fairly easy. Heck a local arcade owner I know was able to get some of the costume's working in the arcade version of SF4, which turned out great for a short while since people were putting in more coins once they found out you can play as Spiderman/Pikachus/Liu Kang/Kratos etc.
jelaj.gif

There's been a real increase in scrubby players online this past couple of weeks, I guess it's all the EX SRK-mashers getting some practice in for SFxT.

USD

I have no intentions of dropping AE, but AE doesn't have Poison. I would have loved to see a version of Poison in this game.

Imm0rt4l

SFxT is too difficult, I'll stick with AE.

Not gonna lie, I don't like the timing inconsistencies for a lot of the links. They don't make that much sense to me. I thought you loved cross tekken?! A lot of people have been championing this game lately, and I got sucked into the hype in the last quarter, but I can't say that it's really lived up to my newfound expectations yet, but I figure it's just to early.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wouldn't call funky and inconsistent hitboxes and dial a combo difficult. As far as the fighting engine itself, Æ is vastly superior. SFXT has all the other little things.

USD

Not gonna lie, I don't like the timing inconsistencies for a lot of the links. They don't make that much sense to me. I thought you loved cross tekken?! A lot of people have been championing this game lately, and I got sucked into the hype in the last quarter, but I can't say that it's really lived up to my newfound expectations yet, but I figure it's just to early.
SFXTK has its base in SFIV, but you still have to clear your mind of the latter. It's not like you can do the same combos with the exact same timing you used before.

I wouldn't call funky and inconsistent hitboxes and dial a combo difficult. As far as the fighting engine itself, Æ is vastly superior. SFXT has all the other little things.
Sure SFXTK has its simplified elements, but the new ones (relatively to SFIV) allow for a world of possibility. And the addition of the forward roll moves the game away from knockdown → 50/50 while still allow for plenty of mix-ups. And overall the game seems to put heavy emphasis on footsies, which I love.

It's a bit earlier for me to judge SFXTK overall though, I've barely started to touch the game.

Been playing this game quite a bit. Like I thought before I even touched it, I'm not a fan of tag team play and I'm not a fan of how this game feels. It's going to take a lot of getting use to and I do kind of like it but I don't think it'll take over SF4 as my main game. I just hope the SF4 player base doesn't completely abandon it. They should definitely disappear at first, hopefully a lot of them will be back though.

Been playing this game quite a bit. Like I thought before I even touched it, I'm not a fan of tag team play and I'm not a fan of how this game feels. It's going to take a lot of getting use to and I do kind of like it but I don't think it'll take over SF4 as my main game. I just hope the SF4 player base doesn't completely abandon it. They should definitely disappear at first, hopefully a lot of them will be back though.

Well, if it's any consolation, I literally have zero interest in it (I'm not very active in SF4 either though :/).

Top Bottom